'G.I. Joe 3' Moves Forward at Paramount!

The decision was lead by the second installment's $41 million dollar haul this weekend.
Paramount is moving forward with G.I. Joe 3
Paramount is moving forward with G.I. Joe 3
With G.I. Joe Retaliation dominating the box office this weekend, Paramount Pictures has decided to move forward with the currently untitled G.I. Joe 3.

G.I. Joe Retaliation, which debuted last Friday, has already brought in $132 million globally and is expected to reach $410 million worldwide. The movie ran Paramount $130 million to make, which is less than the $175 million it took to bring G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra to fruition, which brought in $303 million worldwide.

G.I. Joe Retaliation was released March 28th, 2013 and stars Dwayne Johnson, Jonathan Pryce, Byung-hun Lee, Elodie Yung, Ray Stevenson, D.J. Cotrona, Adrianne Palicki, Channing Tatum. The film is directed by Jon M. Chu.

G.I. Joe 3 comes to theaters in 2016 and stars Dwayne Johnson. The film is directed by Jon M. Chu.

Sources: Variety

1. BERSERKER

@Titon - The mountain scene was ok, I like the ideal but it's just Hollywood blockbuster formula of all action and no soul story telling that undermines that great action scene. I think my expectation for the film was just to high, since they had an all star cast ( The Rock, Bruce Willis, Channing Tatum (yes Tatum is a star now), I figured it was going to be better.

As for He-Man :(, like you I'm upset he is going to direct. Growing up He-Man was my favorite show, I never watched either Transformers or G.I.Joe as a kid but He-Man is one reboot out of the few in Hollywood that I was really looking forward too.

1 year agoby @Number1WolverineFlag

2. undeadslayer4

YESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!

1 year agoby @undeadslayer4Flag

3. Bill Louis

GOOOOODDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 year agoby @Bill-LouisFlag

4. sylar

MMMMMM D.J COTRONA SHOULD BE DRAKE IN UNCHARTED THE MOVIE JUST SAYING...

1 year agoby @sylarFlag

5. Josejr_19

I walked out the movie it was already to late to get my money back

1 year agoby @j24bFlag

6. Titon

@Number1Wolverine I agree the mountain scene was the only thing that was good in the film, other than that it was just poor filmmaking.

1 year agoby @TitonFlag

7. JonSpidey07

this sounds like a joke considering today but if they do make a 3rd one I really want to like it as much as the 1st movie and own it on the shelf forever

1 year agoby @jonspidey07Flag

8. BERSERKER

@zeus - First. I agree with you on the ninja mountain scene being one of the highlights of the movie. Second. Just because G. I. Joe is based on a toy for kids doesn't mean the story couldn't be taken serious. As you Batman is based on a comic book character, and yet Nolan was able to take the mythology of Batman, and turned it into a serious story for both kids, and adults. P.S. I'm not a Nolanite...

1 year agoby @Number1WolverineFlag

9. BERSERKER

@Titon - Finally somebody who agrees with me. All I've been hearing is everybody saying how much better this is compared to the first, but in fact it's worse in every way.

1 year agoby @Number1WolverineFlag

10. supermanvenom

I love it. Its like a big suck it to all the haters lol

1 year agoby @supermanvenomFlag

11. zeus

Well i mean, who really cares if they make it or not? I saw the movie, i gave it a 6.5/10, the best scene in the movie was Snake eyes and Jinx fighting the Ninjas on the mountain. But is G.I Joe a franchise to be taken seriously its based on the bloody toy range and might i add..for kids.

1 year agoby @zeusFlag

12. Adamsandlerfggot69

........well looks like I'll be staying home another weekend in about 3 years.

1 year agoby @adamsandlerfggot69Flag

13. kingbrady

even if this was an April Fools joke its a good one as it can definitely happen.....i hope all the people that assume Storm Shadow is good is WRONG...Cobra Commander prolly had no idea that Zartan was the man behind Storm Shadow's evilness, as he did this 20 yrs before Cobra became Cobra......as long as it has a good story, strong characters, better acting

1 year agoby @kingbradyFlag

14. TheDude1

@justatadmatt Nope this is real. The movie has made over 130 million dollars in about 5 days. Of course they were going to announce a sequel. And I'm glad they are making another movie. This movie was actually quite good. And the 3D didn't suck.

1 year agoby @thedude1Flag

15. the MovieGhost

Ain't this ironic.

1 year agoby @the-movieghostFlag

16. Kevin Quiveors

With the 1st movie they made a decent film with mid-level actors. On this film they moved in a TOTALLY different direction, added big-name actors but the so-called story was absolutely horrible (to put it bluntly)-laughable at times. Example: Ammo in EVERY cabinet including the bowl of fruit. Now that's just dumb! Let me just stop typing now. I should have been paid to watch this.

1 year agoby @Kevin-QuiveorsFlag

17. justatadmatt

April Fool's?

1 year agoby @justatadmattFlag

18. artkid04

the first film was essentially a cartoon, i do agree they should look for a director who's directed a movie similar to this, i'd say Justin Lin ( for his revival of the Fast and the furious franchise!!)

1 year agoby @artkid04Flag

19. Titon

Retaliation was horrible to watch, bad editing, bad directing, bad sript, bad dialogue, the first film is fantastic in front of this one. I hope 3 has a much better director and writers. Now as for Jon M. Chu directing He-Man, knowing how this film turn out, after all the wait, He will ruin it. Retaliation was a cartoon episode of the Joes, what a dissapointment.

1 year agoby @TitonFlag