First Look at Tim Burton's 'Alice in Wonderland'

Amazing photos from Tim Burton's latest project starring Johnny Depp.
USA Today has revealed some new images from the strange world of Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland, which is actually like a sequel to the original story. Get your first look at Johnny Depp as the Mad Hatter, Helena Bonham Carter as the Red Queen, Anne Hathaway as the White Queen, and three concept art images.

Johnny Depp concocts another memorably trippy character as the Mad Hatter
The White Queen played by Anne Hathaway
The Red Queen played by Helena Bonham Carter

The White Rabbit concept Art
Alice concept Art
The Tweedles concept Art

The traditional tale has been freshened with a blast of girl power, courtesy of writer Linda Woolverton (Beauty and the Beast). Alice, 17, attends a party at a Victorian estate only to find she is about to be proposed to in front of hundreds of snooty society types. Off she runs, following a white rabbit into a hole and ending up in Wonderland, a place she visited 10 years before yet doesn't remember.

Alice in Wonderland will hit theaters March 5, 2010, and co-stars Michael Sheen, Mia Wasikowska, Matt Lucas, Crispin Glover, Stephen Fry and Alan Rickman.

Alice in Wonderland was released March 5th, 2010 and stars Mia Wasikowska, Johnny Depp, Helena Bonham Carter, Anne Hathaway, Crispin Glover, Matt Lucas, Stephen Fry, Michael Sheen. The film is directed by Tim Burton.

Sources: USA Today

1. deeman138

So I just found out that if you have a facebook and you become a fan of either The Red Queen, The White Queen, or The Mad Hatter, one of the three with the biggest fans will be able to see the teaser trailer of the movie on Thursday July 24th.

5 years agoby @deeman138Flag

2. ringer66

there is amerigo mgee's version of alice on wonderland... that would have been better.

This looks like another film that will parallel willy wonka

5 years agoby @ringer66Flag

3. Saquin Turok 'X'

Yeh, but Elijah Wood after taking large quantities of LSD.

5 years agoby @teesterxFlag

4. freshprince524

Johnny Depp's pic actually looks like Elijah Wood
    I really hope this movie is good and not just Chocolate Factory 2

5 years agoby @freshprince524Flag

5. Structure (ONSTRA)

for ringer66, the story is known. and if you don't know it, then what can I do for u, read the title "ALICE IN WONDERLAND".

5 years agoby @gaj1992Flag

6. ringer66

yeah...it feels like this movie will tried to be carried by its visionary style rather than an actual story..

i am tired of eye candy
    and funny noises

5 years agoby @ringer66Flag

7. SexualHarasmentPanda

All I know is from the looks of my pic, I think Johnny could probably make us all forget about umm...wow, awkward...forget about the last Jok, HEATH! Make us forget about Heath if Johnny were to play the Joker. Cause he looks like he be a damn good killer psycho...Can only imagine...He knows he could probably do a badass job, but probably out of respec an oll that, he wouldnt wanna touch it.

5 years agoby @sexualharasmentpandaFlag

8. sheppardcreations

it looks ok. Im waiting fot the trailer. I agree with ringer66 about Tim Burton trying new things. I hope Danny Elfman scores the movie good. And i hope its better than it looks because the pictures look cartoony and corny. sorry.

5 years agoby @sheppardcreationsFlag

9. ringer66

i think tim burton is a good director, but he is extremely repetative..
    i am getting bored of seeing him work with johnny depp, helena b. carter, and danny elfman

he needs to try new things for a change...

and not make that colorful yet 'dark' fantasy a'la edward sciccsor hands and nightmare before chrsitmas stuff

sure that stuff was good but move on

5 years agoby @ringer66Flag

10. SlysnideII: Angel Eyes

I followed that link Messenger. That was lucky that 'Mo' knew Depp well enough from waiting on him before.

5 years agoby @slysnideiiFlag

11. Diaigma

Looks like a freak'en nut job...

I LOVE IT!!! :P

5 years agoby @diaigmaFlag

12. Messenger

Anyone hear about Johnny Depp leaving a waiter a $4,000 tip?

5 years agoby @messengerFlag

13. sirmetro

Johnny Depp will be cool, that much i f*cking know.

5 years agoby @sirmetroFlag

14. Remy72883

Im sorry but looks like Depp went hardcore into the darker madness of things cant wait to see his performance, if its dark and gritty maybe he could be up for The Joker or Riddler role. No one can replace Heath but im just saying. Is this role proves his twisted side maybe their is a future for him as a Batman Villian like so many are rumoring about.

5 years agoby @remy72883Flag

15. sweeneyfan1

Hey guys!!!! They just released more of those character photos!!!! of tweedel dum and tweedel dee, and alice!!!!!! (sorry for the spelling)

5 years agoby @sweeneyfan1Flag

16. CDT1013

It looks live it will be really cool!

5 years agoby @jmt1000000Flag

17. Vamp

Yeah, lolz. It was one of my favorite movies as a child, and I bought it a couple months ago on TV. I wouldn't mind seeing Burton and Depp work on remake, though you probable already knew that. ;)

5 years agoby @vampire2000Flag

18. T.Clark

Really???...yep, just googled it lol

That's the title I was thinking of, actually...well, then he can do a remake of the original. Put his own style to it.

5 years agoby @insertusernamehereFlag

19. Vamp

VIS... They already did that. lmfao. It was called "Return to OZ."

5 years agoby @vampire2000Flag

20. T.Clark

Cool, II42.

I think he'd do a good WoO, but maybe it would be better if it was a sequel instead of a direct remake...like Dorothy returns to Oz a few years later to find it "consumed in darkness" or some sh*t like that...I can see Burton doing that

5 years agoby @insertusernamehereFlag

21. sweeneyfan1

Hey agent VIS: SHUT THE F*CK UP!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank god i got that out of my system. that guy is a child!!!!

5 years agoby @sweeneyfan1Flag

22. IrishItalian42

I wanna know who does the costume design for this movie . it looks awesome .

5 years agoby @irishitalian42Flag

23. IrishItalian42

Thats what I said Agent VIS . (except for the scarecrow part) but i definatly hope he does Wizard of Oz .

5 years agoby @irishitalian42Flag

24. T.Clark

I bet Burton will end up doing an updated version of the Wizard of Oz and cast Depp as the Scarecrow.

No joke, I can see it happening

5 years agoby @insertusernamehereFlag

25. Shadow Of The Day

Pictures Looks Great.

5 years agoby @asifFlag

26. sakai23

Pics look great.

5 years agoby @sakai23Flag

27. SlysnideII: Angel Eyes

I didn't care for either Willy Wonka film. They were both equally slow moving, and took a while to take off into the story.

5 years agoby @slysnideiiFlag

28. HAPPYJACK

Same old Burton film. Probly will be good like.

5 years agoby @happyjackFlag

29. Stiles

I wish Burton would work on some original material again. This looks is bad as Williy Wonka which was an abomination. Sweeny Todd wasn't great. In fact he's not made a truly great film since Ed Wood.

5 years agoby @stilesFlag

30. ALor2

this sh*t looks like its not for kids but i never believe the disney cartoon movie was either. that sh*t scared me when i was a kid bc it was just freaky.

5 years agoby @champ2Flag