Nominated for a 2012 Golden Globe for Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture-Comedy or Musical, Charlize Theron is "a comic force of nature" (Peter Travers, Rolling Stone) as Mavis Gary, a former prom queen and current writer of young adult novels who returns to her hometown in order to win back her now-married high school sweetheart. The film reunites director Jason Reitman (Up in the Air) with screenwriter Diablo Cody, whose work was nominated for Best Original Screenplay by the Writers Guild of America and the Broadcast Film Critics Association. Hailed as a "one-of-a-kind comedy" (Lisa Schwarzbaum, Entertainment Weekly), Young Adult also stars Patton Oswalt as one of Mavis' former classmates, a role that earned him nominations for Best Supporting Actor from the Los Angeles, Chicago, Toronto and Broadcast Film Critics Associations.
- Commentary by director Jason Reitman, director of photography Eric Steelberg and first assistant director/associate producer Jason A. Blumenfeld
- The Awful Truth: Deconstructing a Scene
- Deleted Scenes
- Misery Loves Company: The Making of Young Adult (Blu-ray only)
- Q&A featuring Janet Maslin & Jason Reitman at the Jacob Burns Film Center (Blu-ray only)
- Deleted Scenes (Blu-ray only)
Young Adult was released December 9th, 2011 and stars Charlize Theron, Patton Oswalt, Patrick Wilson, Elizabeth Reaser, Collette Wolfe, Jill Eikenberry, Richard Bekins, Mary Beth Hurt. The film is directed by Jason Reitman.