EXCLUSIVE: Rose McGowan Talks 'Red Sonja'!

The actress reveals why she dropped out of the film to take on 'Conan The Barbarian' instead.
While out promoting Marcus Nispel's Conan the Barbarian reboot, which returns the Cimmerian to his Robert E. Howard roots, actress Rose McGowan, playing a dangerous witch in the film, revealed the real reasons behind her decision to drop out of the Red Sonja remake. To hear what she had to say, click on our exclusive video clip below.

Conan the Barbarian was released August 19th, 2011 and stars Jason Momoa, Stephen Lang, Rachel Nichols, Ron Perlman, Rose McGowan, Bob Sapp, Leo Howard, Steven O'Donnell. The film is directed by Marcus Nispel.

1. Photoman

She is not even beautiful.

3 years agoby @photomanFlag

2. RojoDiablo

To me, Red Sonya will always be Bridgette's best film but certainly not right for Rose, needs to be a bigger girl like Bridgette was in the original. Yeah, Rose HAD to get the plastic surgery from that wreck. I'm looking forward to seeing her in Conan though.

3 years agoby @rojodiabloFlag

3. WonderWomyn

First of all, she needs to leave the botox and facial plastic surgery alone already. @ Dan, I read what you posted. She had work done on her lips and cheekbones. Check out episodes of CHARMED. You'll see the difference. And it was one eye she had injured in the accident. So why are both stiff? LOL

Second, I could never see her as Red Sonja. She had the role because her boyfriend, Robert Rodriguez, was handling it. We need someone with an amazon type body. Someone believable. Give an unknown actress the chance to make this role big. Casting someone popular doesn't always help. A small cameo from Bridgette Nielsen would be cool also.

3 years agoby @wonderwomyn74Flag

Oh well, let's see how that other chick fairs

5. bud2fresh

She had a better chance of me seeing her in this Conan bullsh*t.....YAWN i'm sorry what was i talking about....?

3 years agoby @bud2freshFlag

6. Mr. Fixit

Good! I didn't want to see her ruin this role too! The studios will ruin it enough themselves.

3 years agoby @mrfixitFlag

7. Newtron

Wikipedia...gotta love it HA HA

3 years agoby @newtronFlag

From Wikipedia.

3 years agoby @dan1Flag

@sexyman1 "According to an article in the New York Post, McGowan suffered serious injuries in a car accident early in 2007. Riding as a passenger, her car was struck by another vehicle and the force of the impact drove her eyeglasses into her face. McGowan is quoted as saying, "I didn't realize I was hurt until I put my hand to my face and felt the flap of skin. My glasses had sliced me under my eye." After obtaining the services of a plastic surgeon, McGowan is reported to be suffering no long-lasting consequences from the incident."

So yes, surgeries, but not for a purely vain reason. Understandable.

3 years agoby @dan1Flag

10. Sexyman1

she looks like shes had some surgeries on her face, or at least botox.

3 years agoby @sexyman1Flag