EXCLUSIVE: Jason Statham Talks 'The Expendables 2' Rumors

Watch our video interview with 'The Mechanic' star who comments on the recent casting drama between Jean-Claude Van Damme and Steven Seagal.
During our recent interview with Jason Statham and co-star Ben Foster, who were out promoting The Mechanic, the actor commented on the casting drama surrounding the rumors that Jean-Claude Van Damme isn't interested in starring in Sylvester Stallone's The Expendables 2 if Steven Seagal is cast in the film. Check out what he had to say...

We also reported last week that Bruce Willis is confirmed to star as the "super villain" of The Expendables 2. That report also indicated shooting would take place later this year.

The Expendables 2 was released August 17th, 2012 and stars Sylvester Stallone, Jason Statham, Jet Li, Dolph Lundgren, Chuck Norris, Jean-Claude Van Damme, Bruce Willis, Arnold Schwarzenegger. The film is directed by Simon West.

1. Summit10

JCVD should be in this one! If not look into Jeff Speakman, Jeff Wincott, Thomas Ian Griffith or even Michael Dudikoff :)

3 years agoby @summit10Flag

2. Messenger

@Dave

I see your point but I feel he is in the same boat as Kiefer Sutherland, they have pretty much one character but they do it well.

I love Crank because that is GTA the movie.

3 years agoby @messengerFlag

3. Daveactor7

@Messenger lol he acts the same in every single movie he is in. All of them are terrible in my opinion.

3 years agoby @daveactor7Flag

I'm in the JCVD camp, myself.

3 years agoby @dan1Flag

5. Messenger

@Dave

Why do you hate statham?

3 years agoby @messengerFlag

6. Bane5000

@gandoff2169...Russell was mentioned for the second film but they said he responded saying he wasnt interested in doing " ensamble " roles at the moment...whatever that means, but to each his own...I still say bring in Chuck Norris and make him the mentor to Stallones character from back in the days and he taught Stallones character everything he knows, and they have to go to Norris for help/advice due to Willis being the villian....

3 years agoby @bane5000Flag

7. Gandoff

@bane... I knew it was something.. I remeber reading some where someone had a issue with Seagal aswell, and the feeling was Seagal would not be in it for that reason alone, not just becouse JCVD. But it was wrote somewhere also, that another action star from those days was also being concidered for a role. Kurt Russel I think. But until Sly makes his desision and the script is done, we can only hope JCVD is in it.

3 years agoby @gandoffFlag

8. Bane5000

@gandoff2169...Seagal has beef with one of the producers, theyve worked together before and something went down that they really dont like eachother

3 years agoby @bane5000Flag

9. Gandoff

Stathan is right. It's Sly's movie. He owns the rights, and who goes in and who dosnt is his desision. But there is a issue with Seagal with another big member of the movie. I dont remeber who it is, but it would be enough to knock Seagal out anyway. I would rather have JCVD over Seagal anyway.

Seagal has black belts in aikido, karate, judo, and kendo. JVCD has a black belt in Shotokan karate only. But he was a actual champion in full contact martial arts fighting. The middleweight championship of the European Professional Karate Association, where he thrilled one and all with his 360-degree leap-kick, which he has done in most of his movies to show off his kicking ability.

3 years agoby @gandoffFlag

10. Daveactor7

I hate Statham.
    Im for JCVD as well

3 years agoby @daveactor7Flag

Lol @Ben Foster just sitting there.

I'm JCVD all the way, but it really is up to Stallone.

3 years agoby @narratorFlag

12. Cartman

@ed-wood - Seagal has become so fat and so old(did u see him in Machete?) - I know he can reduce and become fit. Still I feel that might be the reason for not calling him.

3 years agoby @c-a-r-t-m-a-nFlag

13. Buriblazing

JCVD all the way

3 years agoby @buriblazingFlag

14. Brian

Ha! Good call @ed-wood

3 years agoby @brianFlag

15. Messenger

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Segal actually trained in martial arts while Van Damme knows self defense on steroids? I'm not trying to bash Van Damme I have uber ammount of respect for him after seeing JCVD.

3 years agoby @messengerFlag

16. CUPID

@ed i'll pay to see that.

3 years agoby @cupidFlag

17. ed_wood

I'd like to see Seagal and Van Damme kick the sh*t out of each other. Doubt that would happen though.

3 years agoby @ed-woodFlag

18. CUPID

@Rojo I agree

3 years agoby @cupidFlag

19. RojoDiablo

Not sure why Sly would want Seagal in the film really?

3 years agoby @rojodiabloFlag

20. Brian

I like Statham's stance. Especially being the new school badass kid in these films, comparatively.

3 years agoby @brianFlag