Emmy Rossum Joins 'You're Not You'

The actress will portray a selfish college student whose life is changed when she takes a job caring for a woman with Lou Gehrig's Disease.
Emmy Rossum joins You're Not You
Emmy Rossum joins You're Not You
Shameless star Emmy Rossum is in talks to join the cast of You're Not You. We first reported on the project last month, when Hilary Swank signed on.

Emmy Rossum will portray a selfish college student who gains a new purpose when she takes a job caring for a woman (Hilary Swank) afflicted with ALS, a.k.a Lou Gehrig's disease.

George C. Wolfe (Nights in Rodanthe) is directing from a screenplay by Shana Feste and Jordan Roberts, based on Michelle Wildgen's debut novel. Hilary Swank is also producing alongside Molly Smith, Denise Di Novi, and Alison Greenspan.

No production schedule was given. Emmy Rossum will next be seen in Warner Bros.' Beautiful Creatures and Season 3 of Shameless on Showtime.

You're Not You was released in 2013 and stars Hilary Swank, Emmy Rossum, Loretta Devine, Ali Larter, Jason Ritter, Ernie Hudson, Frances Fisher, Marcia Gay Harden. The film is directed by George C. Wolfe.

1. THE JOKER

@Number1Wolverine I wish she would. She has the ability and the beauty to really be something in this business!

2 years agoby @mcleve02Flag

2. BERSERKER

@mcleve02 - It makes perfect sense, I get it.

2 years agoby @Number1WolverineFlag

3. THE JOKER

@Number1Wolverine Yeah man... I think she does pick roles that are good for her... I think she just needs to land roles that will gain her a better audience with more recognition... If that makes sense...

2 years agoby @mcleve02Flag

4. BERSERKER

@mcleve02 - I agree, I actually think she's a very underrated actress. She just needs to start picking better roles, but I have a feeling a role will come to her like it did for Anne Hathaway, then everybody on here is going to have a change of heart "cough" @2movieguys lol. Just messing with you by the way, I respect your opinion :).

2 years agoby @Number1WolverineFlag

5. THE JOKER

@2movieguys I disagree... I just think she does just fine... There are definitely much worse actresses out there

2 years agoby @mcleve02Flag

6. CelluloidDreams

Emmy Rossum is still acting!! I thought she gave it up ...she couldn't act her way out of a paper bag!

2 years agoby @2movieguysFlag