Ellen Page to Return as Kitty Pryde in 'X-Men: Days of Future Past'; Anna Paquin Is Back as Rogue

Shawn Ashmore will be returning to play Iceman in this Bryan Singer directed sequel that will merge the original trilogy with the prequel.
Ellen Page returns as Kitty Pride in X-Men: Days of Future Past
Ellen Page returns as Kitty Pride in X-Men: Days of Future Past
Man, Hugh Jackman wasn't kidding when he said that nearly every single actor who has ever suited up for an X-Men movie will be returning in X-Men: Days of Future Past. Director Bryan Singer is pulling out the stops when it comes to Mutant wrangling. The director has revealed that Anna Paquin, who starred in the first three films as Rogue, will be returning. But that's not the only good news!

Ellen Page is returning as Kitty Pryde! The character plays one of the most important roles in the comic book run upon which X-Men: Days of Future Past is based, and she will likely play just as important a role in the film version. This casting news hints that the project is on the right track.

Kitty Pryde was originally played by Sumela Kay in the first film, and by Katie Stuart in X2: X-Men United. But it was Ellen Page who took on the role in X-Men: The Last Stand, the first of the three films to really give the popular Marvel character something to do within the context of the main storyline.

Also returning from X-Men: The Last Stand is Shawn Ashmore, who played Iceman. How will we be able to keep up with all of these characters? Will they all get enough to do, to make their inclusion worthwhile? We'll just have to wait and see. Here is the Tweet that Bryan Singer sent out, with a thank you nod to X-Men: The Last Stand director Brett Ratner.

We'll keep you updated as more X-Men: Days of Future Past casting announcements break.

X-Men: Days of Future Past comes to theaters May 23rd, 2014 and stars Jennifer Lawrence, Michael Fassbender, Nicholas Hoult, Peter Dinklage, Hugh Jackman, Evan Peters, James McAvoy, Ellen Page. The film is directed by Bryan Singer.

1. lance123

Good I am glad that she will be back she was good and a good actor

1 year agoby @lancelievenseFlag

2. CUPID

@justatadmatt Agreed.

1 year agoby @cupidFlag

3. Joker926

So far this sounds only like a big X-Men reunion. Which is cool!!! But I haven't been hearing ANYTHING on the rest of the ACTUAL cast from First Class. I'm glad Singer is back, but I hope he doesn't forget this is primarily a sequel to First Class and not just another sequel after Last Stand... which is a movie that never happened.

If he alters the events of Last Stand as an apology for aborting the last film, then my trust will be earned back once again.

1 year agoby @joker926Flag

4. Zak Lee Ferguson

Just a fat no no....what is happening here?

1 year agoby @Zak-Lee-FergusonFlag

@Roberto-Mata@justatadmatt In the comic book there are 2 storylines that run parallel. that is the story in the future with the old X men and the story in the present with the younger X men. If they play their cards right there should be an euqal ammount of time for both groups of X Men actors to have their fair share of screen time.

1 year agoby @skywiseFlag

6. K-Man

All I hope is that this "time travel" plot-line somehow manages to alter the timeline and bring back the characters who were so unjustifiably killed in that abomination, X-Men 3.
    I've been saying it for years, that Cyclops would be an easy fix, if they did an X-Men 4, because you dont actually see him die. Professor X could also be an easy fix, especially given the really crap second ending of X3, because you actually hear his voice talking to the nurse.

So, with that said, seeing how time travel is being introduced in this film and virtually everyone is coming back....I'd say it's a perfect opportunity to go back in time, stop certain events from happening and bring back our favorite heros, like Cyclops, Professor X and Jean Grey.

1 year agoby @k-manFlag

7. Josh

I'm really interested to see Singer's take on this story, and how he integrates these two X-Men universes.

1 year agoby @shuabertFlag

8. ChristinaM15

Why does anyone think there won't be members of the First Class? Lol I'm pretty sure most of them are signed on already. Also-- hopefully Singer falls back into his X1, X2 style.

1 year agoby @christina-montanaFlag

9. artkid04

i'm thinking this film will feature the casts of both X-men first class and X-men trilogy

1 year agoby @artkid04Flag

10. Xenon

@ADVU I've grown to like SR though I do agree that Matt shouldn't have taken on another project. He should have stayed.
    I do enjoy Singers films even if they do seem a bit campy but that's how he is.

1 year agoby @xenon56Flag

11. ADVU

If Bryan Singer brings back Halle Berry as Storm or Colossus, I am going to hate this movie. I sure hope Matt Vaughn comes back to direct. Ever since Bryan Singer did a horrible job on Superman Returns his movies have sucked hard. His new movie coming out with his take on Jack and the Beanstalk fairy tale looks like it will bomb. Not bringing back most of the cast from X-Men First Class is a horrible move. Anyone else feel the same way or am I alone in this whole thing?

1 year agoby @ADVUFlag

12. JonSpidey07

it definitely helps to have familiar actors come back to play their characters :)

1 year agoby @jonspidey07Flag

13. the MovieGhost

Ehhhhh... I don't know about all these people...

1 year agoby @the-movieghostFlag

14. justatadmatt

i feel like these cameos are literally going to last one second and they are still going to focus on the main characters from First Class...

1 year agoby @justatadmattFlag

15. Roberto Mata

Well it looks like the film might have a very long run time or might be a two parter.

1 year agoby @Roberto-MataFlag

@SherlockHolmes2009 - So not very good, right?

1 year agoby @narratorFlag

@adamsandlerfggot69 you know, Rogue is one of my 2 favorite X Men and I was sooo disapointed with how they handled her in the movie.

1 year agoby @skywiseFlag

18. SherlockHolmes2009

Ah Ellen Page, her acting is as good as her hotness

1 year agoby @SherlockHolmes2009Flag

19. ROFLitschristian

@skywise She's easily one of the better actresses in Hollywood.

1 year agoby @ROFLitschristianFlag

20. Adamsandlerfggot69

I didn't like Rogue. She was a boring/useless in the past movies. I'm sure she's cool in the comics and crap but the movies not so much imo.

1 year agoby @adamsandlerfggot69Flag

@bawnian-dexeus I was ok with her being young. Kitty was 13 when she joined the X Men (as Sprite) but matured to Shadowcat years later. She was 16 when she was romanticly involved with Colossus and 17 when she dated the almost 30 Pete Wisdom.

Anyway blah blah blah I agree that the Evolution Kitty was pretty great. I loved the Wolvie and The Xmen Kitty too.

1 year agoby @skywiseFlag

22. ridgl

all i really care about Kelsey Grammer as Beast

1 year agoby @ridglFlag

Shouldn't the date be '14?

1 year agoby @bawnian-dexeusFlag

@ejk1 Dont count her out just yet. It is possible that she might still get signed. Perhaps they are trying to work around her Mad Men schedual or something. Just because they have not approached her yet doesnt mean they wont.

1 year agoby @skywiseFlag

@skywise Boredom my friend. Anyways, since we're on the Page, never liked her for the role. Seemed too much of a child for the love triangle, and weak for a solo mission. Although the animated character was far better executed in Evolution

1 year agoby @bawnian-dexeusFlag

@skywise I don't think Jones was a great Frost. But with that being said, most of the people being added weren't great in their roles, for a myriad of reasons. I don't see why Jones should get the short end of the stick when others are getting a chance at redemption.

1 year agoby @ejk1Flag

@bawnian-dexeus I know..that was my attempt at wit. I wont do that again.

1 year agoby @skywiseFlag

@ROFLitschristian shes also a good enough actress to really convey the enormity of what is happening to her and what she has already lived through.

Really happy about this.

1 year agoby @skywiseFlag

@skywise I wasn't bein serious. You were in a loop so I decided to poke some fun :p

1 year agoby @bawnian-dexeusFlag

@ejk1 I agree with you there. Especialy since they had that final scene in First Class. Despite the fact that I did not feel Jones' performance was up to the task it will definatly be odd without her inclusion.

1 year agoby @skywiseFlag