Ellen DeGeneres in Talks for 'Finding Nemo 2'

The actress voiced the role of Dory in the original, which is scheduled to be re-released in 3D September 14th.
Ellen DeGeneres in talks to return for Finding Nemo 2
Ellen DeGeneres in talks to return for Finding Nemo 2
Ellen DeGeneres is in negotiations to return in Pixar's upcoming sequel Finding Nemo 2.

The actress voiced Dory, a Pacific Regal Blue Tang who suffers from short-term memory loss. Plot details for the new film are being held under wraps.

Andrew Stanton is directing the sequel from a script provided by Victoria Strouse. Lindsey Collins will be producing.

The original is the highest grossing film for Pixar, bringing in $868 million worldwide. It also won the Academy Award for Best Animated Feature.

Finding Nemo is returning to the big screen in 3D on September 14th.

Finding Dory comes to theaters June 17th, 2016 and stars Ellen DeGeneres, Albert Brooks, Diane Keaton, Eugene Levy, Ty Burrell, Willem Dafoe, Vicki Lewis. The film is directed by Andrew Stanton.

1. Monkeyiron 2.0

Is there a need for a Nemo 2

1 year agoby @monkeyiron2-0Flag

@ROFLitschristian I agree, Nemo does not need a sequel. It is a wonderful film just the way it is.

1 year agoby @skywiseFlag

3. ROFLitschristian

@skywise Haha, that is kind of funny. I just don't want this to be The Hangover of Pixar.

1 year agoby @ROFLitschristianFlag

@ROFLitschristian i just watched nemo again the other day and sort of laughed at the end when Marlin watches as Nemo flies on the back of Mr. Ray right back to the exact same area where nemo was lost in the first place.

1 year agoby @skywiseFlag

5. MovieManiac

Toy Story 3 is the highest grossing Pixar film. Not finding Nemo. And how the f*ck will Nemo get lost again?

1 year agoby @moviemaniac66Flag

6. CelluloidDreams

I'm open!

1 year agoby @2movieguysFlag

Damn, @bawnian-dexeus. This is going to be terrible.

1 year agoby @narratorFlag

8. ROFLitschristian

@skywise My overall problem and the reason I thumb down any Finding Nemo 2 article is merely for the question, WHY?! What could they possibly do with another Finding Nemo title? It just aggravates me!

1 year agoby @ROFLitschristianFlag

@bawnian-dexeus I still dont like the idea of Pixar milking every great movie its made but since that is what they are hell bend on doing I guess I will have to learn to say f*ck it. Finding Nemo is still my fav animated film of all time so FN2 would not be as disheartening as say Cars 3 and Planes 2.

1 year agoby @skywiseFlag

@ROFLitschristian@narrator@skywise@dan1

1 year agoby @bawnian-dexeusFlag

11. ROFLitschristian

@bawnian-dexeus I read it wrong. Either way though. :P

2 years agoby @ROFLitschristianFlag

@ROFLitschristian It's ok to admit you read it wrong

@ROFLitschristian

1. I meant the next Toy Story series they want to make
    2. I mean that their creative ideas like TS, Incredibles, Nemo, etc. stopped after Up

14. ROFLitschristian

@bawnian-dexeus Saying Pixar stopped making good films after Up is so far wrong I can't even begin to explain. How on earth was Toy Story 3 a "slap to the face" to anyone? The movie excelled in just about every category it fell under. It's was a sequel, one that wasn't 100% unnecessary, that laid out everything on the table and gave Toy Story the perfect send off. It was a great flick for kids without forgetting that it's target audience was really the group of people who grew up with Toy Story.

2 years agoby @ROFLitschristianFlag

15. THE JOKER

@XxNickTheFilmCriticXx I am truly shocked they never made a move on that sequel...

2 years agoby @mcleve02Flag

16. THE JOKER

@XxNickTheFilmCriticXx The Incredibles was my last truly favorite... I wish they do that sequel...

2 years agoby @mcleve02Flag

17. THE JOKER

@XxNickTheFilmCriticXx I think means their creativity to come up with new ideas....

2 years agoby @mcleve02Flag

18. gumperman

Great, I hope she chooses to do it. Loved her in the first one, which is by far the best Pixar movie ever. I am very much hoping Thomas Newman is back on board too! As long as they get everyone back who worked on the first, and come up with a interesting and original idea, they will have solid gold.

2 years agoby @gumpermanFlag

@narrator Knowing Pixar, Cars 3 is a possibility due to sales of merchandise.

@ROFLitschristian Ouch

@XxNickTheFilmCriticXx Ha!

I think it stopped after Up. Granted, we go two new ideas being developed (inception and dinos + humans in the same modern era). Cars 2 wasn't needed, but what the hell, the kids loved it. Monster's Inc should have gone forward, but no, we're getting a freaking prequel and there goes Boo :'(. Like many of you I too am waiting for an Incredibles sequel that is long overdo, a new Toy Story which really, is a slap in the face to my generation and as for Nemo, well, it better be a story beyond getting lost in the sea

Point, @XxNickTheFilmCriticXx.

While that moniker might suit Cars better in terms of actual milking, I think Cars one would had to have been good in the first place like the first Hangover to even qualify, which it clearly wasn't. Lol.

But seriously, as my friend said, they already are re-releasing Finding Nemo in 3D... does the kid not f*cking learn?! I mean, I know he's retarded, but how many times can he get lost, 3D or not, and how many times can we care?

@dan1, @skywise - It's just ridiculous. Was UP their last huzzah? Now we have Finding Nemo 2 and Monsters Inc. 2, we've had Cars 2 (and god forbid we get 3), and we've had three Toy Story's (while good, they were unnecessary). To quote the late Heath, "What happened [to Pixar]? Did your balls drop off?"

2 years agoby @narratorFlag

@dan1 I wish the people at Pixar would go back to the drawing board and come up with some new ideas but it seems that they are hell bent on milking their properties.

2 years agoby @skywiseFlag

22. CelluloidDreams

Hell yes!

2 years agoby @2movieguysFlag

23. danno

The only time I ever found Ellen to be funny was in Finding Nemo. She has to come back.

2 years agoby @tekkamandanFlag

24. ROFLitschristian

Can we please not turn Pixar into Dreamworks? Please, Disney?

2 years agoby @ROFLitschristianFlag

25. Blackout23

Maybe the main focus of the film will be on her character since she does have short term memory loss haha. I definitely wouldn't mind that

2 years agoby @Blackout23Flag

26. Moviemaniack1993

She'll do it. She's constantly saying on her show how badly she wants to do it and always jokes about Pixar not doing a sequel yet. She'd be the first to sign on.

2 years agoby @moviemaniack1993Flag

@skywise There is no point in doing the movie with or without her.

2 years agoby @dan1Flag

First Cars 2 (a sequel that should never have happened before Incredibles 2), now Finding Nemo 2... don't do it, Ellen...

2 years agoby @dan1Flag