Dolph Lundgren to Possibly Cameo in 'Masters of the Universe' Remake

Director Jon M. Chu hopes to have the original He-Man return for this upcoming reboot from Sony Pictures.
Dolph Lundgren wanted for a Masters of the Universe cameo
Dolph Lundgren wanted for a Masters of the Universe cameo
While doing press for his upcoming action sequel G.I. Joe Retaliation, director Jon M. Chu revealed his hopes to have Dolph Lundgren show up for a cameo in his Masters of the Universe remake.

"I'm working on Masters of the Universe right now, and that's something that I, also, since I was a kid, have really, really loved. It's a totally different universe than Joe, but really fun. It has a whole world to play with, and I really love that. I love the idea of a challenge, because, tonally, that one is really tough to do. I don't know if Dolph Lundgren is around or what he's doing but, we'll see. Yeah, I think that could be some fun."

No cast members have been announced yet, but Jon M. Chu will direct from a screenplay by Alex Litvak, Michael Finch, and Richard Wenk. Sony hasn't set a release date at this time, so it isn't known when production will begin.

Dolph Lundgren portrayed He-Man in the 1987 action-adventure Masters of the Universe. The reboot is said to follow Prince Adam and his transformation into He-Man, who defends his mystical land of Eternia against the nefarious Greyskull.

Masters of the Universe is in development .

1. Titon

@gandoff The first thing i'm going to do is buy my ticket for G.I. Joe 2, and judge the director's ability to bring action and characters to life, since he only directed the trash of bieber and he's directing He-Man. As for the He-Man role, I think the producers should give Jared Padalecki the chance to demonstrate his actor skills. He's a good actor and has the physicality for the role.

1 year agoby @TitonFlag

I dont mean to be so pretentious I just thought references might be appreciated.

1 year agoby @skywiseFlag

@vanboy He could easily beef up to He Man proportions. Google something like; Chris Hemsworth before and after or better yet check this article out to learn how quickly you can bulk up if you really want to http://www.menshealth.com/celebrity-fitness/chris-hemsworth-workout.

@gandoff Those tats are not real. Hunnam only has one real tat and it would be easy to hide. http://www.thefreelibrary.com/HUNNAM+DRAWS+THE+LINE+AT+REAL+TATTOOS.-a0182943073

1 year agoby @skywiseFlag

4. Stallone Jackson

Talor Kitsch could pull it off too. Peep him wearing He-Man like attire in " John Carter ".

1 year agoby @Stallone-JacksonFlag

5. gumperman

Cool, that'd be fun to see.

1 year agoby @gumpermanFlag

6. Gandoff

@skywise Hunnam looks close, but I do not see him, A; being bulky enough, and B, how they could cover all his tats good enough for the roll. I agree a unknown, or someone who doesn't bring Thor to mind would be a better fit. But when Dolph took the roll, he was known for his roll in Rocky 4. So even though he was relatively unknown, he still had a major movie out. Hemsworth is hands down, Thor. But he has also did other movies like Red Dawn remake. So to me, it depends how soon He-Man will be made with the Thor movies and Avengers all being done also. Hunnam in Sons of Anarchy is a great example of his acting. But I think I need to see him beef up to fit the He-Man mold so to speak. @Roberto-Mata Same thoughts on Padalecki and Duhamel. They could do the roll, but could they beef up enough? I do think Bill Nighy and Ralph Fiennes would both be excellent selections for Skeletor, as much as Hugo would be. But top two to me, be Hugo and Ralph do to their experience with acting with makeup similar too Skeletor. I think Liam Neeson would be a great fit for Man-at-Arms...Thing is, who think Frank Langella who was Skeletor, could return or should return in the same role? Just a though considering he was so great in it the first, despite the flawed planet travel story. But we all should remember, He-Mans mother, was a Earthling. So the story was not so far fetched to a point. I myself wonder which characters will be included in the reboot?

1 year agoby @gandoffFlag

7. Vanboy

@skywise, unless he goes ape-zhit on steroids and goes back in time and brings his ten year younger self to play the part, I say not.

Nighy is a great actor, but great actors are not really needed for this type of movie. As long as the story is good, I'd rather see actors that are actually built like the characters looked in the cartoons, as long as their acting is fair.

1 year agoby @vanboyFlag

8. Vanboy

Seth Green should provide the voice of Skeletor.

1 year agoby @vanboyFlag

9. Roberto Mata

@skywise Very good point! Charlie Hunnam as He-Man, I never thought of that, he's a great actor and Bill Nighy as Skeletor would be great, he has an amazing voice and could bring a very creepy voice for the character and him under Skeletor's make-up, is just Great!.

1 year agoby @Roberto-MataFlag

Any reference to the crap fest Masters of the universe can only hurt this production.

@Roberto-Mata@gandoff How about a relative unknown for He-Man and not someone who will immediatly conjure Thor in my mind. Maybe Charlie Hunnam (sorry CH fans - i know hes not unknown to you). That way when the audience sees him they will only see He-Man and not a famous actor.

-altho he may be an A-lister after Pacific Rim.

And I would love to see Bill Nighy as Skeletor.

1 year agoby @skywiseFlag

11. Roberto Mata

@gandoff I agree, Hemsworth as He-Man and Weaving as Skeletor, he has the voice and physicality. If not Hemsworth Another actors for the role of He-man could be Josh Duhamel or Jared Padalecki. As for Skeletor, if not Weaving, maybe Liam Neeson or Ralph Fiennes. I hope they do a good job with this film and go more on the mithology.

1 year agoby @Roberto-MataFlag

12. kingbrady

Mattel is trying to get their hands on a movie since Hasbro is kicking their ass in that department, considering they created the toys....maybe this can be done well

1 year agoby @kingbradyFlag

13. Gandoff

@Roberto-Mata I agree. Hugo would be the best fit for Skeletor. But, with those current stock of action movie actors, who could play He-Man? I think Chris Hemsworth who pulled off Thor, who is a similar type of character, would be a great selection.

1 year agoby @gandoffFlag

14. justinishulk

sure why not?

1 year agoby @justinishulkFlag

15. Lance Browning

I'm afriad you need to rewrite that ending, he's defending Eternia and Castle Greyskull from Skeletor.

1 year agoby @Lance-BrowningFlag

16. Roberto Mata

Who could play the villain?, i would suggest Hugo Weaving, but he already played a similar role with Red Skull in Cap. Any One?

1 year agoby @Roberto-MataFlag

17. Cheetoboy

Yeah, Dolph should at least have a side role as like a henchman or something.

1 year agoby @cheetoboyFlag

They should avoid references to the previous film, and focus more on the mythology built in the 2002 cartoon.

1 year agoby @ejk1Flag