Pre-orders for Quentin Tarantino's Django Unchained Original Motion Picture Soundtrack are available starting today:
Quentin Tarantino's Django Unchained Original Motion Picture Soundtrack features new and exclusive original music and compositions from of the most prominent figures in film and music today including, Rick Ross' "100 Black Coffins" produced by and featuring Jamie Foxx, John Legend's soulful offering "Who Did That To You?," "Ancora Qui" by Honorary Academy Award Winner Ennio Morricone and Elisa, and Anthony Hamilton and Elayna Boynton's poignant duet "Freedom." The complete tracklisting for Quentin Tarantino's Django Unchained Original Motion Picture Soundtrack can be found below.
About the soundtrack, Quentin Tarantino made the following statement.
"I want to thank all the artists who contributed original songs (a first for me) to the picture. Most of these contributions came out of the artists' own inspiration and their illustration of the film's soul is invaluable. In addition to the new original songs I am also using a lot of older recordings on the soundtrack - many of which came from my personal vinyl collection. Instead of having the record companies give me new digitally cleaned up versions of these recordings from the 60's and 70's, I wanted to use the vinyl I've been listening to for years - complete with all the pops and cracks. I even kept the sound of the needle being put down on the record. Basically because I wanted people's experience to be the same as mine when they hear this soundtrack for the first time."
Loma Vista Recording Company's founder Tom Whalley offered his thoughts.
"We're thrilled to be working with Quentin on this release. His films have always reaffirmed the important relationship between cinema and music and it's exciting to work together on a soundtrack featuring completely original material written specifically for the film."
Written and directed by Academy Award®-winner Quentin Tarantino, Django Unchained is produced by Stacey Sher, Reginald Hudlin and Pilar Savone. The executive producers are Harvey Weinstein and Bob Weinstein, Michael Shamberg, Shannon McIntosh, and James W. Skotchdopole.
Quentin Tarantino's Django Unchained Original Motion Picture Soundtrack - Complete Track List
- 1. Winged
- 2. Django (Main Theme) - Luis Bacalov, Rocky Roberts
- 3. The Braying Mule - Ennio Morricone
- 4. In that case, Django, After You...
- 5. Lo Chiamavano King (His Name is King) - Luis Bacalov,
- 6. Freedom - Anthony Hamilton &
- 7. Five-Thousand Dollar Nigga's and Gummy Mouth Bitches
- 8. La Corsa (2nd version) - Luis Bacalov
- 9. Sneaky Schultz and the Demise of Sharp
- 10. I Got a Name - Jim Croce
- 11. I Giorni Dell'Ira - Rizia Ortolani
- 12. 100 Black Coffins - Rick Ross
- 13. Nicaragua - Jerry Goldsmith Featuring Pat Metheny
- 14. Hildi'a Hot Box
- 15. Sister Sara's Theme - Ennio Morricone
- 16. Ancora Qui - Ennio Morricone & Elisa
- 17. Unchained (The Payback/Untouchable) - James Brown & Tupac Shakur
- 18. Who Did That To You? - John Legend
- 19. To Old to Die Young - Brother Dege
- 20. Stephen the Poker Player
- 21. Un Monumento - Ennio Morricone
- 22. Six Shots Two Guns
- 23. Trinity (Titoli) - Annibale E I Cantori Moderni
For more information please visit:
Django Unchained was released December 25th, 2012 and stars Leonardo DiCaprio, Jonah Hill, Samuel L. Jackson, Jamie Foxx, Kerry Washington, Christoph Waltz, Amber Tamblyn, Zoe Bell. The film is directed by Quentin Tarantino.