David Duchovny Wants Fans to Ask for 'The X-Files 3'

The franchise star is encouraging fans to write letters to the the studio if they want a sequel.
David Duchovny Challenges fans to ask Fox for a third The X-Files movie
David Duchovny Challenges fans to ask Fox for a third The X-Files movie
David Duchovny has been campaigning to bring The X-Files 3 to fruition. He appeared on Wednesday's episode of The Tonight Show with Jay Leno and challenged fans to write letters to Fox if they want to see the project come to life.

Here is what he had to say.

"We always want to, Chris Carter and Gillian Anderson and I, we're always on board. You want to write Fox and get 'em going, you could wheel me out. I'll play Fox Mulder forever."

David Duchovny starred in both movies and the episodic series that aired on Fox. He is currently starring in Showtime's Californication. Gillian Anderson hasn't had trouble finding work either, appearing in a number of shows including BBC's The Crimson Petal and the White and The Fall.

The X-Files 3 is in development and stars David Duchovny, Gillian Anderson.

1. Michael Kolesik

HA HA HA
    Not after how badly us fans were betrayed by the first two movies.
    Just.

1 year agoby @Michael-KolesikFlag

2. Metalsfury

@rudy Well maybe, but what if they do both this final film and lead it into a TV Series continuation in the X-Files Universe.. ?

1 year agoby @metalheadfuryFlag

3. Josh

I'm still baffled as to why, when they got a chance to make a film after the ending of a series that had no conclusion, they didn't make a film that WAS a conclusion.

1 year agoby @shuabertFlag

4. Rudy

@metalheadfury They don't have to be young new characters, just NEW characters. Like a show with just Dogget and Reyes or a spin-off tv show like Fringe, but set in the X-Files universe.

1 year agoby @rudyFlag

5. sylar

RIDLEY SCOTT PLS

1 year agoby @sylarFlag

6. Xenon

the last film felt week.
    I'm a big fan of it since I have all the comic books, cards, two books - I know, and both films.
    I just want it in the right hands

1 year agoby @xenon56Flag

7. Xenon

I can understand why Fox doesn't want to do it however finishing the trilogy to bring in new life - no not new characters - just the idea of a solid story line about the Invasion actually happening might open it up a lot more.

J.J Adram's has that sort of feel, I know he's busy but with the right director it could be awesome.

1 year agoby @xenon56Flag

8. SherlockHolmes2009

If it goes back to its roots then im in

1 year agoby @SherlockHolmes2009Flag

9. Metalsfury

REOPEN IT I SAY- X-Files is still one of the best shows ever. X-Files 2 was great. I think some of you saw rediculous reviews. At same time, it was not as great as the first one. They understand their two mistakes. One: don't make a movie that's not about the mythology, and two: don't open the same weekend close to that of The Dark Knight or top Box Office contenders. I've been following, they get it but I still don't understand moving on. I've still yet to see a TV Series as good as this one.. Hey it's still the team playing just a lack of enough loyal fans.. I say make X-Files 3.. It could be their last chance as this will most likely be the last one.. Oh and passing the torch is going to be difficult... They were meant to Mulder and Scully, I don't some young replacement f'ing it up!!!

1 year agoby @metalheadfuryFlag

Let it go

1 year agoby @skywiseFlag

11. Replicant

Isn't there a kick-starter campaign or something? I'd love to see another one, but like @bawnian-dexeus said, only if it picks up the mythology story with aliens.

@xenon56 Sorry but that sounds like a terrible idea...

@brady1138 It opened the same weekend or the one after The Dark Knight right? There was no chance it'd do well. This movie would do great around August-September.

1 year agoby @felipe-11Flag

12. Xenon

they need to move on - X-files had it's day besides I would rather see a mini series of it than a feature film. It's just needs to be updated and with new characters that shine and if the mini series does really well then make a new series based on two new characters.

1 year agoby @xenon56Flag

Only if there are aliens this time -_-

1 year agoby @bawnian-dexeusFlag

14. Kirill2785

So... which facebook page do we need a lot to like?

1 year agoby @kirill2785Flag

15. moviegeek

Yea well the second film sucked so maybe you guys should stop while you still have something of a good rep.

1 year agoby @moviegeekFlag

16. LuxoIII

Tell the fans to actually go to the movie this time, as well. I can see why Fox wouldn't want to make another X-Files after the last one flopped. Still, I'd like to see a third!

1 year agoby @brady1138Flag