'Dances with Wolves' Sequel Goes Into Production

Simon Wincer is set to direct the film.
A sequel to Dances With Wolves entitled The Holy Road has just gone into pre-production with Simon Wincer at the helm. According to Variety, the film will be produced by Moonstone, Amicus Entertainment and Double Eagle Films.

The plot picks up eleven years after Wolves left off. The Comanche tribe is in steady decline, and the threat of white settlers looms on the horizon. The Holy Road refers to the transcontinental railroad. The Indian population saw it as a symbol of evil.

The film doesn't have a set start date at this time.

Sources: Variety

1. Phatlightning

lol gotta love the 7 month later bash, those are the best.

6 years agoby @sxers2k1Flag

2. shred1966

Sorry Moviemaniac, it just clicked! Masters in Literature at 15. Now you really are a wanker. Excuse me while I change my clothes 'cos I just pissed myself laughing.:)

6 years agoby @shred1966Flag

3. shred1966

Moviemaniac, you are a complete tool, bignoting yourself about having a Masters Degree in Literature and not understanding that some stories do take a long time to tell. With your short attention span perhaps you should go back to reading Dr Zeuss. By the way, you may want to check your grammar before posting again......retard

6 years agoby @shred1966Flag

4. btrobinson

they must be aiming at an older age group, cause not to many younger people will even remember dances with wolves, let alone care about a sequel

7 years agoby @btrobinsonFlag

5. Moviemaniack1993

I am hardly retarded. I do not think having a masters degree in Literature qualifies me in any way as being "retarded." I was just simply saying that ANY movie that take that long to tell a story is, in my opinion, not worth watching. And maybe it is just that I really do not care at all for Kevin Costner. Either way, the only 3+ hour movies I will sit through are: King Kong, Titanic, and The Ten Commandments.

7 years agoby @moviemaniack1993Flag

6. wizdome

Dances With Wolves is one of my all-time favourite movies but it doesn't really need a sequel...and especially when the story deals with a completely different tribe instead of the sioux!

7 years agoby @wizdomeFlag

7. Silk

yawn... oh 'Dances' with wolves. Sure make it good tho costner. I just can't get past waterworld. this might have made more of an impact if he did this ten years ago... just a thought. I like costner tho, and i hear he likes me too.

7 years agoby @silkFlag

8. -comrade-

Moviemaniac, What the hell is your problem? "I will never watch the original because it is like 3 hours and 55 minutes." Are you three years old, or just retarded?

7 years agoby @taberjohnson18Flag

9. PUNISHER

Hope it doesnt give the original a bad name.

7 years agoby @cerealkillerFlag

10. ash100

Um, the book, Dances with Wolves, concerned the Comanche people. The movie version, for reasons unknown to me, changed Comanche to Lakota (Sioux). So, is The Holy Road about the Comanche people as stated in the above blurb, or about the Lakota, as in the movie version of Dances? Kinda confusing, huh?

7 years agoby @ash100Flag

11. SpaceCowboy

Dances with Wolves is a terrific film. It dose not need a sequel to help realize that. i agree with you ringwraither. there's just nothing original anymore.

7 years agoby @SpaceCowboyFlag

12. dcinti

My hope is it is as good as the first one. As long as it is based on the book, it should be good

7 years agoby @dcintiFlag

13. Moviemaniack1993

I will never watch the original because it is like 3 hours and 55 minutes. I cannot even begin to imagine how long this one will be. I hope it fails miserably.

7 years agoby @moviemaniack1993Flag

14. Courtney O.

Wow...that's a long gap between movies...

7 years agoby @chickflickFlag

15. RingWraither

CANT THEY COME UP WITH SOMETHING ORIGINAL NOWADAYS!?!

7 years agoby @ringwraitherFlag

16. brew1701

so whats to connect this movie with dances with wolves, is Dunbar in it? ah not too sure about this idea

7 years agoby @brew1701Flag

17. garr2828

Hey Frenzy! Thanks alot for giving away the plot without a "spoiler" warning. Now there's no reason to go see it. Made me laugh. Thx. :)

7 years agoby @garr2828Flag

18. Frenzy2001

HaHaHa, this is so stupid! Yet another shining example of Hollywood being out of ideas. I wouldn't be surprised if "Lt. Dunbar" goes back in time to stop a meteor from ressurrecting a killer robot, that wants to detonate a nuke to start a cold war on Mars.

7 years agoby @frenzy2001Flag

19. wut2c

Dances With Wolves is a great stand-alone-film that does not need a sequel. However, the plotline for this sequel does sound interesting. I will wait for more details before making my finally judgment.

7 years agoby @wut2cFlag

20. Love & Napalm

"Dances with Wolves" was an amazing film. It will be interesting to so how this sequel develops.

7 years agoby @zomb13Flag