WINNERS TAKE HOME:
- Half Baked
- Undercover Brother
- Dave Chappelle's Block Party
to join the party!
Celebrate with Dave Chappelle in this uncensored, unforgettable and unbelievably hilarious full-length movie about throwing the ultimate block party. Join Dave as he travels through the heartland and makes a special stop in his hometown to pass out invitations to attend the event of the decade. It's a front-row seat for outrageous laughs with music from today's hottest artists. Be a part of what Dave Chappelle calls "the best single day of my career!"
Comic genius Dave Chappelle takes his explosive humor and raw energy on the road in a freewheeling and heartwarming journey from small-town Ohio to the vibrant streets of New York City in Dave Chappelle's Block Party, coming to DVD June 13, 2006 from Universal Studios Home Entertainment. Available for the first time in an unrated, extended DVD version, Dave Chappelle's Block Party features over 20 minutes of additional material not shown in theaters plus more than 45 minutes of bonus features that give viewers a chance to go behind-the-scenes of the most outrageous event of the decade.
Directed by Academy Award® winner Michel Gondry (Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind), Dave Chappelle's Block Party follows the funnyman as he treats a Brooklyn neighborhood and a group of out-of-towners to a hilarious, no-holds barred, once-in-a-lifetime celebration. The unforgettable daylong party that results is loaded with humor, as well as a historic showcase of today's most influential musical artists, including Kanye West, Mos Def, Erykah Badu,Common, Jill Scott, the Roots plus the legendary Fugees, who reunite for the first time in eight years!
Dave Chappelle's Block Party is available in Unrated and Rated DVD versions; both are priced at $29.98.
Irreverent, innovative and brilliant, Dave Chappelle, revolutionized television comedy with the gleefully subversive humor of the Emmy®-nominated "Chappelle's Show" on Comedy Central. On the home entertainment front, Chappelle's Show: Season One and Chappelle's Show: Season Two have become two of the three best-selling TV DVDs of all time.
Reviewers Join the Revelry:
Dave Chappelle's Block Party caused nationwide celebration, as the country's film critics delivered their compliments to the host. Ebert and Roeper gave the film "two thumbs up," while Bruce Newman of the San Jose Mercury News called it "insanely and eternally funny." Manohla Dargis of The New York Times celebrated, "an exhilarating new film," and GQ's Mickey Rapkin proclaimed, "A kick-@$$ block party!"
For more information please visit: www.chappellesblockparty.com
Cast & Filmmakers:
- Director: Michel Gondry
- Produced By: Dave Chappelle and Bob Yari
- Cast: Dave Chappelle, Kanye West, Mos Def, Talib Kweli, Dead Prez, Common, Erykah Badu, Jill Scott, the Roots, the Fugees
- September in Brooklyn: Making of Block Party: Go behind-the-scenes to experience what it took to create this unprecedented event.
- Extended Music Acts: Through icon-driven branching, fans can extend the film even more by watching extended musical acts.
- Ohio Players: The Bus Ride: A special featurette which chronicles Dave's adventures in his hometown of Yellow Springs, Ohio; population 3,761.
- Run Time: 2 Hours 6 Minutes
- Aspect Ratio: Anamorphic Widescreen (1:85:1), Full Frame (1:33:1)
- Rating: Unrated
- Audio: English Dolby Digital 5.1; English SDH; French and Spanish Subtitles
Dont't forget to also check out: Dave Chappelle's Block Party
Dave Chappelle's Block Party was released March 3rd, 2006 and stars Dave Chappelle, Erykah Badu, Isaac ben Ayala, Bilal, Lil' Cease, Cody ChesnuTT, Keyshia Cole, Common. The film is directed by Michel Gondry.