'Cloud Atlas' 6-Minute International Trailer

Tom Hanks and Halle Berry lead an all-star cast in this ambitious adaptation of David Mitchell's sci-fi novel that spans thousands of years.
Following the first photos released yesterday from Cloud Atlas, today we have a six-minute international trailer for this sci-fi drama, directed by Andy Wachowski, Lana Wachowski, and Tom Tykwer. Tom Hanks, Halle Berry, and Jim Broadbent lead a diverse ensemble cast in this adaptation of David Mitchell's heralded novel, where each actor plays multiple characters, in a story told over thousands of years. Take a look at new footage from this sprawling genre drama.

Cloud Atlas was released October 26th, 2012 and stars Tom Hanks, Halle Berry, Jim Broadbent, Hugo Weaving, Jim Sturgess, Doona Bae, Ben Whishaw, Keith David. The film is directed by Tom Tykwer, Andy Wachowski, Lana Wachowski.

Sources: MTime

1. Diaigma

@kguy - I think so. I never imagined Hanks for this movie, among others :P

2 years agoby @diaigmaFlag

2. gumperman

Oh my god, this movie looks so wonderful! It broke my heart, hugged my eyes and gave me hope. I love the music, especially the first piano theme, which I believe was composed for the movie since they show the character playing it on the piano. I cannot wait for this, so excited! And it comes out in October, only 3 months away. Usually you'll see a awesome looking trailer and then have to wait a year or more to see the movie! Fantastic! :)

2 years agoby @gumpermanFlag

3. K.Guy

@diaigma Does it look like it's doing justice? I'm REALLY excited for this movie!

2 years agoby @kguyFlag

4. Rudy

This one and Noah seem like the most abitious movies right now. Those Wachowski's sure like Hugo Weaving.

2 years agoby @rudyFlag

5. Diaigma

That was downright trippy. Loved the book. This will be a tough film to pull off :P

2 years agoby @diaigmaFlag

6. THE JOKER

@kguy Nice! Yhat makes me even happier!

2 years agoby @mcleve02Flag

7. Justice Kowaleski

And Run Lola Run is the best time loop movie ever and this has that feeling to it but on a much grander scale.

2 years agoby @justice-kowaleskiFlag

8. Justice Kowaleski

This Look like A very Daring Project but I have high hopes for the this I personally like the matrix trilogy and Speed Racer is One of those movies that I dont Own but if it's on HBO I will watch it and laugh at its stupidity. And the Cast on this in absolutely phenomenal.

2 years agoby @justice-kowaleskiFlag

The trailer was incredibly well put together, but I feel that this film will ultimately have too much confusion and narrative for the common moviegoer to handle, and too much drag and visual quirks for critics to hang on too. I hope it's not the case, and even if only I enjoy it, that'll be great, but peoples careers are also on the line with this mammoth project. I hope this works out for everyone.

2 years agoby @narratorFlag

10. Mieko_Siede

I'm not sure what I feel about this just yet. I don't really see it as good or bad, just a hard sell for me. I wasn't familiar with the book so I can't really say anything as to its vision. I'm not particularly a fan of The Matrix Trilogy, loved the first one, but the two that followed fell quite short in my opinion. I saw some comments comparing the look of it to Speed Racer. Can't say that I agree with it, just that I definitely didn't care for the movie itself. The Wachowski's had potential with their style and vision when they first appeared and grabbed our attention with their first big project, The Matrix. But I've long sense lost the enchantment for their work. Sometimes not even a cast as quality as this can save an overall movie. I'll keep my eyes peeled on this one. I may just change my mind.

2 years agoby @mieko-siedeFlag

11. Replicant

My eyes just had orgasms.

2 years agoby @felipe-11Flag

12. Etorken

@kguy Good to know!
    I hope it will be something different and above great, does have the potential.

2 years agoby @etorkenFlag

13. Nicholaus XX

@mcleve02 -- I'm no fan, but to each their own.

2 years agoby @XxNickTheFilmCriticXxFlag

14. K.Guy

@etorken@bawnian-dexeus@dan1@mcleve02 and it's also rated R

2 years agoby @kguyFlag

15. THE JOKER

@bawnian-dexeus I think it will be good!

2 years agoby @mcleve02Flag

16. K.Guy

@etorken@bawnian-dexeus@dan1@mcleve02 Yep, it's officially 2 hours and 44 minutes. I looked it up.

2 years agoby @kguyFlag

After watching the trailer, I can tell it's gonna have a lot of story lines and time periods to keep track of. Oh boy. As for some of the visuals, well, let's see how they fair on the big screen.

18. Etorken

Movies 1,5 hours long tend to have 2,5-3 minute long trailers. From that I'd say this movie will be 3-3,5 hours long. That would be great.

2 years agoby @etorkenFlag

19. THE JOKER

@rufio it is a rather long trailer... most of the good stuff comes towards the end!

2 years agoby @mcleve02Flag

20. Rufio

maybe i missed it. maybe it is selective ADD. but this trailer lost me. about put me to sleep. maybe i'll watch it later and it'll change.

2 years agoby @rufioFlag

21. THE JOKER

@skywise Haha I agree! and it has got to be a little more than 3 hours!

2 years agoby @mcleve02Flag

@bawnian-dexeus@mcleve02 now that is an idea...shrooms!

2 years agoby @skywiseFlag

@dan1 It's slated to be almost 3 hours

24. jasdjqs

I think it wil be like three hours or more, Just has that feel to it.

2 years agoby @jasdjqsFlag

It'll end up being too ambitious, even for the Wachowskis. Is this movie going to be like 5 hours long? Seems like it.

2 years agoby @dan1Flag

26. THE JOKER

@bawnian-dexeus I think it does... They should sell shrooms instead of pop corn at the theater!

2 years agoby @mcleve02Flag

Cloud Atlas + Shrooms = Profits?

28. Dark-White-Knight

Wonderful intro song and the film looks visually amazing and the dialog is beautiful

2 years agoby @Dark-White-KnightFlag

29. THE JOKER

@thedude-abides I did lose hope in them for a bit, so this makes me happy! @XxNickTheFilmCriticXx They do taste good on pizza!

2 years agoby @mcleve02Flag

@thedude-abides Another one of those few movies where I walk out of the theater