Christopher Nolan Says No to 'Justice League of America'!

'The Dark Knight Rises' director claims his final installment of the Batman trilogy is 'the end of our take on the character.'
Christopher Nolan will not be involved in the superhero ensemble Justice League of America
We know that director Christopher Nolan's The Dark Knight Rises is his final Batman adventure, wrapping up the blockbuster trilogy. The filmmaker was recently asked if he would be involved in the DC Comics superhero ensemble Justice League of America, which brings together iconic heroes such as Batman, Superman, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, and many more.

Sadly, the filmmaker will not be involved in any capacity on Justice League of America. Here's what he had to say.

"No, none at all. We're finished with all we're doing with Batman. This is the end of our take on this character."

The director added that rumors of his involvement may have started since he is producing another Warner Bros. superhero adventure, Man of Steel. He also said he has no plans to participate in any further Batman movies Warner Bros. may produce in the future.

"Batman will outlive us all, and our interpretation was ours. Obviously, we consider it definitive and kind of finished. The great thing about Batman is he lives on for future generations to reinterpret, and obviously, Warners will have to decide in the future what they're going to do with him. We've had our say on the character. I've got no plans to do anything more, and certainly, no involvement with any Justice League project."

We reported last month that Gangster Squad screenwriter Will Beall is penning Justice League of America, although no director has been attached yet.

Justice League comes to theaters in 2018 and stars Gal Gadot.

Sources: Associated Press

1. Bronson Smith

All I know is that I am glad Nolan will not be involved in any capacity with a Justice League movie. He is a brilliant director, visionary and innovator but he is not meant for the world of comics. The entire point of the comic book world is to be unrealistic, its a fantasy world. He cant and never will be able to have the vision or direction to make a comic movie that stays true to the core values of a comic book hero, we have seen through marvel that this is possible but Nolan is not the man. Personally I feel like his last three films were awesome action movies, but aside from some familiar names and a certain pointy eared costume they were not like any batman I have come to know. Bruce Wayne in the movies was completely reliant upon Fox for all his tech gear whereas comic book Wayne made the stuff himself. Movie Wayne was very apparent in his self pittying both in the first film and the third film, BRUCE WAYNE DOES NOT SIT IN HIS MANSION LIMPING AROUND FEELING SORRY FOR HIMSELF!!!! So to reiterate Nolan made a great action trilogy but if anything set Batman (at least in a true DC universe "Justice League" capacity) back horribly. The new reboot is going to be compared to Nolans work which in my opinion is not representative of the true Batman (u know, the one we deserve but not the one we need because we have Nolans cry baby one). So to end my rant, Batman is gonna have a tough time succeeding in any film that stays true to his roots from now on just like all those films from the 90's (imagine if those had come out after BB or DKR, lol would have been a hangin. Batman goodluck, long live Superman!!

2 years agoby @Bronson-SmithFlag

2. Zak Lee Ferguson

no batman for league for me that wont work!

2 years agoby @Zak-Lee-FergusonFlag

3. Zak Lee Ferguson

WHY? to make a league series you must intorduce us to Flash, Wonder Women, Though NOlans name is attached to Supes it isnt his own foray into the verse and though hes producing it does not give credit that his series is trying to mold everything else together----- the league must be instigated!

2 years agoby @Zak-Lee-FergusonFlag

4. Mka47

Good! there is so much he can do. Time to move on from superheroes

2 years agoby @mka47Flag

5. Sean

I have a feeling that Zack Snyder will be directing Justice League of America. I think he would be the right person to direct it.

2 years agoby @themoviefanaticFlag

6. Sean

@skywise Who? Christopher Nolan or Zack Snyder?

2 years agoby @themoviefanaticFlag

maybe hes tired of big budgets. I bet he does something smaller next.

2 years agoby @skywiseFlag

8. Sean

@Gv-Nshz Zack Synder could probably direct a Justice League of America movie.

2 years agoby @themoviefanaticFlag

9. Gávĩń Nĩshz

Chris is the only director who can make this wonder.

2 years agoby @Gv-NshzFlag

10. RyanMoran

zack synder baby and why chris your a awesome director

2 years agoby @RyanMoranMitaFlag

11. CBF

Can you say... Jon Favreau anyone?

2 years agoby @comicbookfanFlag

12. Rudy

DC needs to get their sh*t together. Marvel is kicking their asses with all the films they're doing.

2 years agoby @rudyFlag

13. Rudy

Just say No........to drugs.

2 years agoby @rudyFlag

14. thedude-abides

@dan1 Lol. Good point. Will do :)

2 years agoby @thedude-abidesFlag

@thedude-abides And it doesn't hurt that I've been on MW longer, and my tastes tend to run similar to most round these parts. Whereas you are the devil's advocate most of the time, consciously or not. I'm sure that plays into it. But really, who cares? You've carved out your own niche. Wear that vitriol like armor.

2 years agoby @dan1Flag

@thedude-abides You tell yourself whatever you need to, dude :P

2 years agoby @dan1Flag

17. thedude-abides

@dan1 Either that or I softened them up for u, lol.

2 years agoby @thedude-abidesFlag

18. thedude-abides

@dan1 My girlfriend says I'm the man, but whatever :P

2 years agoby @thedude-abidesFlag

@thedude-abides Because I'm the man.

2 years agoby @dan1Flag

20. thedude-abides

@dan1 After reading over the comments, I only have one question: Why is it when you speak the truth, you get nothing but adulation and agreement, but when I speak it, I get reverberations of vitriol spewed in my general direction? Lol.

2 years agoby @thedude-abidesFlag

21. CUPID

@youngrizo Agreed.

2 years agoby @cupidFlag

22. Kashmanthillet

2 be honest, he's right about 1 thing Batman will outlive us all, and our interpretation was ours. Obviously, we consider it definitive and kind of finished. The great thing about Batman is he lives on for future generations to reinterpret, and obviously, Warners will have to decide in the future what they're going to do with him. And Zack Snyder said something the same thing that his Superman won't b in the JL movie. Like @phatalphd said, WB an DC comics need 2 get themselves together in order 2 make this JL movie. I mean Jonah Hex fail due 2 up against Toy Story 3, which we all know that it was gonna lose. Last year some of the Fans didn't feel the Green Lantern movie due of that Ryan Reynolds fit the Green Lantern suit and rumors r saying that they may reboot it, don't know y and care all I hear is John Stewart's turn or $$$$$$. I'm just say that WB and DC r hoping that Nolan's TDKR would make a lot of $$$$$$ what other films fail 2 do, just like its predecessor TDK but more. Plus Nolan is working on the Man of Steel movie with Zack Snyder as a producer and screenwriter. Maybe they could work on The Flash, Aquaman, Captain Marvel, Green Arrow, Hawkman, and other superhero movie that on their mind, because they 're DC and WB hope of make $$$$$. But 2 me I just wanna watch a good movie that I can like and had Enjoyment with. I say don't reboot Batman, leave Batman alone and move long with other things 2 do. Next week we get 2 c how The Legend Ends in The Dark Knight Rises, looking forward 2 c.

2 years agoby @kashmanthilletFlag

23. SherlockHolmes2009

@thedude1 Thats what I was gonna say, hes an example of what Hollywood should be doing

2 years agoby @SherlockHolmes2009Flag

24. MrWhite

@xenon56 I agree with u there.I mean why does it only have 2 be a trilogy when it comes 2 comic book movies.There are so much more stories & villains 2 explore.

2 years agoby @Mr-WhiteFlag

25. moviegeek

Love this guy. His noggin is screwed on right.

2 years agoby @moviegeekFlag

26. Xenon

@kidd Sparks

I know he needs to move on but he could just stay as a producer for Bats. I want to see a 7 film arc.

@phatalphd its the studios that are slow, DC does have a hand in it but there are some directors who want next to nothing with superheroes.

2 years agoby @xenon56Flag

27. Youngrizo

This is good. As much as I like those movies I still dislike his version of the universe. I want to see a less realistic, more faithful to the comics universe. Hopefully Man of Steel will set that tone.

2 years agoby @youngrizoFlag

28. Joshua Hollaway

I read "JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA" almost had a heart attack. Then read "Nolan says No to" and got all sad lol

2 years agoby @Joshua-HollawayFlag