Christopher Nolan May Direct 'Bond 24'!

'The Dark Knight Rises' director has reportedly met with producers Barbara Broccoli and Michael G. Wilson for informal talks.
Christopher Nolan has been approached to direct Bond 24
Christopher Nolan has been approached to direct Bond 24
Producers Barbara Broccoli and Michael G. Wilson are currently seeking a director for Bond 24, after Sam Mendes (Skyfall) turned down their offer to make the sequel back in March. The Dark Knight Rises filmmaker Christopher Nolan has been approached by the producers to direct the latest installment of their James Bond franchise.

Nothing is official as of yet, since talks are still in very early and informal stages, but the filmmaker recently met with the producers.

We reported in October that the producers are seeking a fall 2014 release date for this 007 adventure, which may pose a scheduling conflict for Christopher Nolan. He is currently in pre-production on his next movie, Interstellar, which has been set for a November 7, 2014 release.

Here's what an insider had to say about the informal discussions.

"It does no harm for Broccoli and Wilson to talk with Nolan, even if nothing happens this time round."

Daniel Craig is locked in to return as James Bond, with Skyfall co-stars Ralph Fiennes (M), Naomie Harris (Moneypenny), and Ben Whishaw (Q) slated to reprise their roles as well.

Bond 24 comes to theaters November 6th, 2015 and stars Ralph Fiennes, Daniel Craig, Naomie Harris, Ben Whishaw. The film is directed by Sam Mendes.

Sources: The Daily Mail

1. EmmyttWolfe

@CoreyB I fully agree.

1 year agoby @EmmyttWolfeFlag

2. CoreyB

@EmmyttWolfe You dont hear many opinions like that...but you're entitled to it. Lets hope, whoever does the next Bond....that its as good as they've been in recent history.

1 year agoby @CoreyBFlag

3. The Cryptkeeper: Resurrected

I don't think it'll happen sadly... But I hope it does!

1 year agoby @cryptFlag

4. EmmyttWolfe

@CoreyB Yes he is a great filmmaker...when It comes to his own material. When it is a franchise like Batman no. I liked The dark knight.. but BB and TDKR were pretty bad movies. I just do not trust him with franchises or properties like Batman or James Bond. That is my opinion.

1 year agoby @EmmyttWolfeFlag

5. CoreyB

@thomasclarke Yeah I doubt it...He is going to be so busy w/Interstellar that this next Bond movie wouldnt come out until like 2016.

1 year agoby @CoreyBFlag

6. CoreyB

@EmmyttWolfe Yeah after he made one of the most successful Comic book/action/movies of all time yeahhh I would feel weird w/him taking over for Bond...You're right the reviews and fan reactions to TDKR were horrible...Bond is too big for him. Wait what am I saying? What world do you live in? Chris Nolan is one of the most gifted filmakers of our time... TDKR stands as #8 on the top Worldwide movies of alltime in terms of $. People loved it. And have you seen the other Batmans that he directed? What about that lil movie Inception...Memento? Prestige? Cmon pal get w/it eh.

1 year agoby @CoreyBFlag

7. Thomas Clarke (Kiion)

I really doubt that this will happen, it would be great but very very unlikely.

1 year agoby @thomasclarkeFlag

8. Fry_3000

That would be pretty cool to see happen, but doubtful

1 year agoby @Fry-3000Flag

9. Josh

This ain't gonna happen, schedule-wise. Plus, Mendes hasn't even completely written it off yet. He's just put off by the aggressive schedule.

1 year agoby @shuabertFlag

10. SherlockHolmes2009

Skyfall was great and with Nolan directing we can get a great follow up to the film

1 year agoby @SherlockHolmes2009Flag

11. Nicholaus XX

@redcameraman -- I like that idea.

1 year agoby @XxNickTheFilmCriticXxFlag

12. T. King (Red Camera Man)

Good. Make it an improvement over "Skyfall."

1 year agoby @redcameramanFlag

13. Mr.K

Nah. As much as I like Nolan, he would never do a Bond movie. He's just not right for this material.

1 year agoby @mr-kFlag

14. ChiRep_1

Nolan's invested in Interstellar atm, which means he wouldn't get started on Bond until 2015 which mean we wouldn't see it on-screen until 2017. Craig would be 50 at that point, no thank you.

As great as this would be, Nolan should stay away from Bond (Besides, he can't direct combat sequences)

1 year agoby @ChiRep-1Flag

15. phatalphd

ehhh, I was hoping he'd take on an original script next. Bond is too watered down and played out. I don't think Nolan could really do much that hasnt been tried in the 23 (damn that sounds rediculous) sequels.

1 year agoby @phatalphdFlag

16. EmmyttWolfe

After what he did to the dark knight rises I am against this.

1 year agoby @EmmyttWolfeFlag

17. Sean

I'm definitely open to the idea of Christopher Nolan directing Bond 24. That will certainly be something interesting to see on screen. I just hope he does not use the same actors and actresses from the Dark Knight trilogy and from Inception. That would just be lazy on his part.

1 year agoby @themoviefanaticFlag

18. Dark enV

@ghostman I did sir. (head drops in shame) lol couldn't find the original article

1 year agoby @dark-envFlag

19. Diaigma

@corey - If Nolan were to have his own cast ...

Joseph Gordon-Levitt as Bond
    Cillian Murphy as The Baddie
    Tom Hardy as The Muscle
    Marion Cotillard as The Girl
    Michael Caine as Q ...

I'm only saying this since Nolan tends to have his favorites :P

I'd still watch a Nolan Bond, though I thought Skyfall was the best Bond I'd seen since Goldeneye.

1 year agoby @diaigmaFlag

20. Ghostman

@dark-env you totally took that last paragraph off of Wikipedia :P

1 year agoby @ghostmanFlag

21. Ghostman

@c-a-r-t-m-a-n Yes, Steven Spielberg was set to direct Interstellar back in 2006, but eventually dropped out and Christopher Nolan took over.

As for your misunderstanding of TDKR's ending, let me explain it for you. Yes, Batman set autopilot on The Bat that flew the bomb into the lake/ocean or whatever the f*ck it was. He then took the clean slate from Selina Kyle to erase both his and hers identities where they vacationed/married(?) in Florence where Alfred does in fact see them in reality, not fantasy like you think.

Why you ask? Because in his original fantasy, Alfred never imagined Bruce with Selina; it was some other unknown woman, he also stated that he was unsure if it was actually Bruce or a look-alike. With that said, in the end, he did in fact see the real Bruce Wayne with Selina Kyle. Their eyes met, and gave a shake of the head.

1 year agoby @ghostmanFlag

22. Writer220

Still not totally impressed with TDKR however it's growing on me.
    A Nolan Bond film, I'll be waiting for sure but until then I'll watch other films. Besides I love his films.

1 year agoby @writer220Flag

23. Dark enV

@c-a-r-t-m-a-n I think we're now seeing eye to eye here. I love the Dark Knight Trilogy, but I'm not going to say TDKR was the best movie ever, I think TDK was a good bit better. As far as I know the story was written by Kip S. Thorne and Spielberg liked the theory of the his story and a few months later Jonathan Nolan came up with an idea to turn it into a screenplay and wrote it. That was back in 2007 but Spielberg's schedule was too busy to actual start up the project so it was in limbo till January of this year when Chris Nolan got attached to the project. Spielberg is staying on as a producer as far as I know. Here's the excerpt I found on it.

In June 2006, Steven Spielberg announced he would direct a scientifically accurate film about "a group of explorers who travel through a worm hole and into another dimension", from a treatment by Kip Thorne and producer Lynda Obst. In January 2007, screenwriter Jonathan Nolan met with the studio to discuss adapting Obst and Thorne's treatment into a narrative screenplay. The screenwriter suggested the addition of a "time element" to the treatment's basic idea, which was welcomed by Obst and Thorne. In March, Paramount hired Nolan as well as scientists from Caltech, forming a workshop who will begin adapting the treatment after completing the script for Warner Bros.' The Chicago Fire. The following July, Kip Thorne said there was a push by people for him to portray himself in the film Interstellar. On January 9, 2013, it was announced that Christopher Nolan would take over direction of the project. According to The Hollywood Reporter, it is "unclear if Spielberg will remain involved"

1 year agoby @dark-envFlag

24. dess

maybe he will redeem this series.

1 year agoby @dessFlag

25. CUPID

Cool, but he should do Bond 25.

1 year agoby @cupidFlag

I thought there was going to be an interesting debate going on when I saw the comment count. Nope.

1 year agoby @dan1Flag

27. ridgl

Yeah its not going to happen.

1 year agoby @ridglFlag

28. Cartman

@dark-env finally someone being honest, yes i too agree tdkr was a fantastic entertainer with plot holes. You know what the so called CN fans would say? "its the best movie ever after tdk" which is some lame sh*t,,, and my point is he is just directing someones story, not his own original stuff. SS had wrote the story, developed the screenplay and directed the movie all by himself A-Z of it,. which CN hadnt done so far. The word ORIGINAL doznt go well with CN,,

1 year agoby @c-a-r-t-m-a-nFlag

29. Adamsandlerfggot69

I like Nolan but holy crap the last 2 Bond movies bored me to death. Not sure if I'm going to get the Mrs. to sit through another one even with him directing.

1 year agoby @adamsandlerfggot69Flag

30. thedude-abides

@bawnian-dexeus Now that'd be sweet.

1 year agoby @thedude-abidesFlag