'Captain America''s Red Skull Holding the Cosmic Cube!

Check out the first photo of Hugo Weaving's Red Skull holding the mystical device that has ultimate power and transforms wishes to reality.
Inside the latest issue of SFX Magazine is the first image of Red Skull (played by Hugo Weaving) holding the Cosmic Cube in Captain America: The First Avenger.

Hugo Weaving holding the Cosmic Cube in Captain America

The Cosmic Cube is a mystical device capable of ultimate power and transforming wishes into reality. The cube is said to also appear in the upcoming Thor as one of the items in Odin's vault.

Captain America: The First Avenger was released July 22nd, 2011 and stars Chris Evans, Hayley Atwell, Sebastian Stan, Tommy Lee Jones, Hugo Weaving, Dominic Cooper, Richard Armitage, Stanley Tucci. The film is directed by Joe Johnston.

Sources: SFX Magazine

1. Remy72883

i will keep an open eye on this cause simply i dont know know a whole lot about this universe

3 years agoby @remy72883Flag

2. Zyclops

@nerblesmcgee
    cowboys & aliens

3 years agoby @zyclopsFlag

Well,first thing I have to say is kudos to you, @Narrator, for sticking to your opinion, and hold it until you are proven right or wrong. Last night, I said basically the same about X-Men:First Class. I know you and I have a somewhat different outlook on trailers, but I respect your opinion, no matter what. It's too bad some don't feel that way.

Now, on to what really matters--The Avengers. You threw out a lot of names that we both discussed in earlier threads(and not surprisingly, were in total agreement), but you left out the one that I believe will be used. So here's my theory: Assuming that The Avengers will spawn a series of sequels other than IM3, there is no reason to use the heavy hitters(Thanos, Ultron, Kree v. Skrull). Remember that this is the origin of the team--there will be friction in trying to meld the personalities together. A lesser evil needs to be used so the team can learn cohesiveness. Let's face it, a newbie team vs. a galactic empire or the Mad Titan for its first mission is not feasible. Instead, an earth-bound villain(s) should be used. This is why my pick for the villains in The Avengers is Hydra, who allows Loki to convince them to try and utilize the Hulk for their own benefits. I know, I know, it's not a sexy pick, but it's the right one. Marvel has done a great job building up to this point, and it would be a potential waste of billions of dollars of profit to lead with a big bopper. The first Avengers movie is a sure thing in terms of profit; they won't need to dazzle us with an out of this world villain. At the end of The AVengers, they can begin building for Avengers 2 by showing a sinister shadow, hearing a malevolent laugh, etc. In short, Marvel needs to continue to think small short term, and big long term.

3 years agoby @ejk1Flag

@Frenzy, well, it baffels me how some folk can judge the majority of films on their trailers, but when a trailer for a film they anticipate looks like crap, they tell others to hold off judgement 'till they actually see the film. I have a feeling you might be one of those people.. just a feeling. :P

Seriously man. Trailers and such are released to tease the audience, and to be judged by them, so the viewer can decide whether he'll/she'll see it or not. As for knowing nothing about the film: I know enough about Thor and the potential the film adaption had, to know that the film will prove entertaining to most, but will overall be a disservice to those expecting more. This isn't fact, but opinion, based off of facts. Too bad not all of us think and comment that way. Individuals like you, willing to settle on anything that looks half way decent, or cool, or whatnot, are exactly part of whats wrong with Hollywood. But no worries, we're all f*ckups, so you it right in.

Also, this film has a huge chance of failing as well, but since I have seen no footage (unlike Thor) of any kind, I can't really judge yet. Also, unlike Thor, the still pics released on the film look far more authentic than those of that possible blockbuster mishap. Either way, I'll see both films, and judge both films. 'Till then, I'm gonna stick with my THEORY (that's all it is). I'm not some random troll who dislikes comic book films and such. I base my opinions on facts, not loose opinion, like those *ssholes on that one Spider-man Reboot thread.

So not only was your comment based off of an anthill (when I say, *cough* I say it in a joking manner), but it shows how badly you really want to play grown up. Get over yourself man.

@ejk, true. I don't see Thanos being the villain in The Avengers either, but I think they might have a more up front use for the cosmic cube. Some say Ultron, while some say Kree/Srull. I say all of the above options are too big for them too tackle off the bat. We'll see.

3 years agoby @narratorFlag

Yes, @Narrator, thank you for pointing out that I called this last week, and I always love being right(who doesn't?). While I am not ready to call Thanos the villain for The Avengers yet, there should now be no doubt in anyone's mind that the Mad Titan will make his presence felt in this series.

3 years agoby @ejk1Flag

6. Shadow Of The Day

Cool.

3 years agoby @asifFlag

7. nerblesmcgee

when the f*ck is the trailer coming out? ya'll realize this summer is going to be the best summer ever for movies. X-men, captain america, green lantern, thor, f*ck what else.....transformers, pirates of the Nar-ibean. sh*t, better start saving

3 years agoby @nerblesmcgeeFlag

8. Frenzy2001

@The Narrator, You diss Thor like you have seen it already. It baffels me how people can sh*t on something that they know nothing about. I personally don't like who's playing Captain America, but I'm not going to say he;s crap untill I see the movie.

3 years agoby @frenzy2001Flag

Yes! @ejk is gonna be glad to know he was right.

I really hope this film gets it right, unlike *cough* Thor *cough*.

3 years agoby @narratorFlag

10. Daveactor7

Well hopefully it is good. I cant trust director Joe Johnston still. But hopefully it will change here.

3 years agoby @daveactor7Flag

11. Dr.Carter

@ bane I absolutley agree with you that Thanos is the villian for The Avengers. For starters the Cosimc Cube and the Infinity Gaulnet. These are both items Thanos seeked to control in the past. Not to mention that director Joss Whendon is no stranger to space adventures. A movie about the Avengers having to deal with Thanos, the Kree, and the Skrull is not that far from becoming reality.

3 years agoby @dr-carterFlag

12. Cripple

I am so pumped for this.

3 years agoby @crippleFlag

13. Buriblazing

cool

3 years agoby @buriblazingFlag

14. moviegeek

I hope it's better than Thor AND Green Lantern.

3 years agoby @moviegeekFlag

15. bud2fresh

I've have been waiting for this movie since i was a child !!!! CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 years agoby @bud2freshFlag

16. ed_wood

Really looking forward to this one. I'd rather wait to see the transformation in the movie but I know that won't happen.

3 years agoby @ed-woodFlag

17. Cartman

@Supes - on ur side mate!!! he'z not transformed in to red skull in this shot!!,.. i've seen the pics of how he looks after the transformation!! its insane!!

3 years agoby @c-a-r-t-m-a-nFlag

18. T.Clark

His skull looks disappointingly non-red...

Just kidding.

3 years agoby @insertusernamehereFlag

19. Worth5Bucks

i dont care who you are you gotta love hugo weaving

3 years agoby @mattbierwagenFlag

20. Bane5000

I say bring on the Cosmic Cube...bring on the Infinity Gaunlet...and finally BRING ON THANOS :]

3 years agoby @bane5000Flag

21. justinishulk

can't wait

3 years agoby @justinishulkFlag

22. fanboy

@Supes
    agreed, looks better than Thor

3 years agoby @fanboyFlag

Kick ass! Can't wait for this movie. I have much higher hopes for this than Thor.

3 years agoby @dan1Flag