Bruce Willis Set to Cameo in 'The Expendables'

The 80s action star will join Sylvester Stallone and Arnold Schwarzenegger on screen.
In a recent interview with MTV, 80s action star Bruce Willis let it slip that he will indeed be making a cameo appearance alongside two other major stars of that decade, Sylvester Stallone and Arnold Schwarzenegger, in Stallone's all-star action extravaganza The Expendables. The actor is specifically leaving time in his busy schedule to appear in the highly anticipated film.

Willis will appear along such action heavyweights as Jason Statham, Jet Li, Mickey Rourke, and Randy Couture. Willis stated in the interview, ""I want to send best wishes to Sly, and the Governor of California, my old pal Arnold." When asked if he'd filmed his scene yet, Willis said no, "I haven't united with them. I'm waiting for a call from Sly about when we're going to try and make that happen. I don't know anything about [my character] yet, haven't seen any pages yet. But I'm excited about it."

When asked if all three action icons would be appearing on screen together, Willis confirmed, "That's the concept. That's the plan." The Expendables is set to explode across theater screens on April 23rd, 2010.

The Expendables was released August 13th, 2010 and stars Sylvester Stallone, Jason Statham, Jet Li, Dolph Lundgren, Eric Roberts, Randy Couture, Steve Austin, David Zayas. The film is directed by Sylvester Stallone.

Sources: MTV

1. Vanboy

The Fallen, Mel Gibson roles: Braveheart, The Patriot, We Were Soldiers, Payback, Mad Max, The Road Warrior etc. Do these movies not qualify him?

5 years agoby @vanboyFlag

2. Vanboy

Yeah the fallen, I noticed Dolf right after I sent that.

And Chat don't feel so disopointed about being right because you aren't. True these modern action guys are in it fine, but the conversation that was going on earlier was about the action guys from the eighties in particular. But overlooking the other guys in that conversation was, I guess me wishing that only the ones from my favorite '80s movies were in it. It's still going to be the most awesome, in-your-face, Kickass, badass, movie ever made, if they don't screw it up.

And The Dark Knight, you're right, Willis is more than just an eighties star. Arnold is too, but, that was their "Heyday", when they called the shots and people jumped.

Either way, I will be in the theater to seeing this!

The fallen, why wouldn't Mel fit in there?

5 years agoby @vanboyFlag

Mel would not fit in here, and Dolf is in this. Check the cast. ;)

5 years agoby @narratorFlag

4. Chad Vital

Honestly, the only one I would love to see join this film but he already said no would be Kurt Russell. I love that guy.

5 years agoby @chad-vitalFlag

5. Chad Vital

You do realize that you guys are making no sense right? These aren't 80s action stars, only a few so somehow you have now said that Sam couldn't be in it cause he's not an 80s star? Wtf just happened? Jason Statham, Jet Li, Mickey Rourke, Couture, Stone Cold, and Terry Crews are all modern action stars let alone stars from the 90s and 2000s decades so obviously Samuel Jackson could easily be apart of this. I almost hate being right haha.

5 years agoby @chad-vitalFlag

6. The Dark Knight

Willis isnt just an 80s action star hah

5 years agoby @thedarkknight23Flag

7. Vanboy

Yeah SparkyDarky. People can say that those movies are for meatheads. It's because they just didn't get it. Those were man movies. No matter how impossible it was for Arnold to bust that pipe off the wall and throw it into Bennett's gut before he could shoot Arnold, it was still freakin' cool as Hell. "Let off some steam, Bennett"!

5 years agoby @vanboyFlag

8. Vanboy

Yes Messenger, those two were the best ones of the franchise. Rocky Balboa is up there with them as well. I was pleased with that. I didn't like at all that Talia Shire got killed off though. She was Rocky's "Rock".

5 years agoby @vanboyFlag

9. Vanboy

Sorry Chad Vital, but that was not Sam Jackson's era. He only really came about after his small Jurassic Park role. We're talking about the action heavyweights from the '80s!

I do agree with 4quiles. Bring in Van Damme! Also Carl Weathers, Dolf Lungren, Jesse Ventura, Kurt Russell, Mel Gibson (gotta have The Road Warrior), Danny Glover and maybe even Michael Ironside. Even though this movie is going to be awesome, it would be even more kick-ass with those in there!

Bill Duke would be good, but is he still alive? I thought I remember hearing about him dying. I could be wrong about that.

5 years agoby @vanboyFlag

10. 4quiles

LET'S BRING VAN DAMME TO THE MIX!!!

5 years agoby @4quilesFlag

11. SparkyDarky

I really cant see how anyone wouldn't be looking forward to this movie. It looks like one of those classic '80's films that makes you feel good to be a man, like Predator, Rambo and Universal Soldier!

5 years agoby @sparkydarkyFlag

12. Messenger

Anyone who things Rocky 1 and 2 are bad films knows NOTHING about film.

5 years agoby @messengerFlag

13. Chad Vital

That's cool Fallen, I tried to watch it but wasn't really interested in the first place so yeah :/

5 years agoby @chad-vitalFlag

Rocky Balboa got me and my pop bonded closer after a few internal family matters, so yeah it was worth it. I like Stallone and he is a piece of Hollywood to me that is so special. The day he dies is a day part of my childhood dies.

5 years agoby @narratorFlag

15. The First Avenger: JohnnyBlaze

kingbrady: last time i checked this was the most anticipated movie of next year. with an massive cast like that how can you possibly have doubts? an Stallone makes great movies. granted Rocky 5 was crap but his last 2 were awsome guy flicks, how can you not like em? unless you have a vagina....

5 years agoby @johnnyblazetb82Flag

16. Chad Vital

Bruce! Haha all they need now is Samuel Jackson lol.

5 years agoby @chad-vitalFlag

17. AnnoyingFilmCritic

This is one of my most anticipated movies to see next year...hell yeah!

5 years agoby @annoyingfilmcriticFlag

18. kingbrady

wow "first avenger" sorry but you are a total douche, this will not even be close to a great movie, anything stallone directs doesnt have what it takes to be great, however i enjoy the ensemble and i hope it will be a good watch

5 years agoby @kingbradyFlag

19. The First Avenger: JohnnyBlaze

its official: this is the greatest movie ever made!!!!!!!!

5 years agoby @johnnyblazetb82Flag

Wow. "all thee action icons would be appearing on screen..."
    I just jizzed my pants. This is going to be awesome man.

5 years agoby @narratorFlag

21. Jimthar

i cant wait for this!!!! the cast is amazing, sly is a great director. this movie is going to kick some major ass next year!!! it just keeps getting better and better. april cant come fast enough.

5 years agoby @jimtharFlag

22. peanuts and other poisons

Wow this movie really has a pretty nice cast.

5 years agoby @vendetta1Flag

23. Raoul Duke

Awesome.

5 years agoby @raoulduke33Flag

24. Newkill3000

They better not kill him stupidly like they did in Charlies Angels.

5 years agoby @newkill200Flag