Bradley Cooper and Elizabeth Olsen Confirmed to Be in Talks with Marvel Studios

Cooper will voice Rocket Raccoon in 'Guardians of the Galaxy' while Olsen is up for the role of Scarlet Witch in 'The Avengers: Age of Ultron'.
Bradley Cooper and Elizabeth Olsen are confirmed to be in talks for Rocket Raccoon and Scarlet Witch, respectively
Two earlier rumor stories are now confirmed to be true, as The Hollywood Report announces both Bradley Cooper and Elizabeth Olsen are in talks with Marvel Studios to take on two popular characters.

Marvel is in early talks with Bradley Cooper to voice Rocket Raccoon in Guardians of the Galaxy, a role both Adam Sandler or Jim Carrey were previously rumored to be up for. News of Bradley Cooper's casting broke last night.

Elizabeth Olsen's talks are much further along, with the actor up for the role of Scarlet Witch in The Avengers: Age of Ultron. The role was tailor-made for actress Saoirse Ronan, according to director Joss Whedon, who wrote the script with her in mind. When Ronan passed on the project, Marvel next sought out Elizabeth Olsen.

Guardians of the Galaxy is currently shooting in London, with a cast headlined by Chris Pratt, Dave Bautista and Zoe Saldana. Vin Diesel is currently in talks for the other main voice role of Groot. Unlike Rocket Raccoon, his character only has one line of dialogue. It's not likely that either actor will be performing motion capture as the film continues to shoot.

At this time, Marvel has no comment.

Guardians of the Galaxy comes to theaters August 1st, 2014 and stars Chris Pratt, Dave Bautista, Zoe Saldana, Michael Rooker, Ophelia Lovibond, Lee Pace, Glenn Close, Karen Gillan. The film is directed by James Gunn.

Avengers: Age of Ultron comes to theaters May 1st, 2015 and stars Chris Hemsworth, Jeremy Renner, Robert Downey Jr., Scarlett Johansson, Chris Evans, Samuel L. Jackson, Cobie Smulders, Mark Ruffalo. The film is directed by Joss Whedon.

Sources: THR

1. Zak Lee Ferguson

@2movieguys ahaha amen brother

8 months agoby @Zak-Lee-FergusonFlag

2. Zak Lee Ferguson

Rocket Racoon should be mo-capped. Itsj ust a hunch. Make a Racoon look fit as f*ck would be quite something.

8 months agoby @Zak-Lee-FergusonFlag

3. CelluloidDreams

Bradley Cooper Yes......Elizabeth Olsen No!!

8 months agoby @2movieguysFlag

4. BERSERKER

@xenon56 - Glad you agree :). Alot of fans think Jensen would also be a good Hal Jordan (http://natuvalo.deviantart.com/art/The-War-Of-Green-Lanterns-288986342, http://skinnyglasses.deviantart.com/art/Justice-League-Poster-389113881). Not really, you just have to have a vision and stick with it. Casting is tough but once you have your finally script casting after that should be pretty easy if you ask me. Out of those two Jensen has the look, Bale has the acting chops needed for the character. If I had to pick I would go with Jenson because I think he hasn't really had the opportunity to show us all his chops, which Daredevil may be able to bring out of him and plus like I mention before he has the look of Murdock.

8 months agoby @Number1WolverineFlag

5. Xenon

@Number1Wolverine I never thought of Jensen Ackles as Ghost Rider, he would be a great choice.
    it's a hit and miss for the Industry to pick actors for parts, however when the audience sees a fit like Jensen for either Batman or Ghost Rider, he fits for both. But the Casting directors or directors, just don't see it.
    Who would you think would be the better Dare Devil? Jensen or Bale.

8 months agoby @xenon56Flag

6. BERSERKER

@corey - It's crazy to us since we love the genre, but some actors just aren't interested in superhero films.

8 months agoby @Number1WolverineFlag

7. BERSERKER

@masterofthemoon - Cooper being cast as Ant-Man would be cool.

8 months agoby @Number1WolverineFlag

8. BERSERKER

@xenon56 - I don't see Cooper as an older Spider-Man, but he defiantly could be Deadpool. I was just telling @themoviefanatic that I think Bradley would make an excellent Dr. Strange. When thinking of Ghost Rider I always picture Jensen Ackles from Supernatural.

8 months agoby @Number1WolverineFlag

9. Xenon

I would like to see Bradley as an older Spiderman, he has that charm about him that seeks cheekiness or he could be Dead Pool. Besides that nothing else, unless he tries Ghost Rider but I find it needs someone much younger.

8 months agoby @xenon56Flag

10. David garcia

I don't know, in my perspective, I think Cooper should be doctor strange or some other marvel character living in New York.

8 months agoby @David-garcia-67788063Flag

11. Fry_3000

I'd rather see cooper get the role of Quicksilver

8 months agoby @Fry-3000Flag

12. masterofthemoon

I see Bradley more as Ant-Man, but that's just me.

8 months agoby @masterofthemoonFlag

13. Cheetoboy

I really hope Cooper signs on and also I've seen Martha Marcy May Marlene, and I think Elizabeth Olsen will become even bigger in this.

8 months agoby @cheetoboyFlag

14. OhhmeohhMy

Bradley cooper not a bad chose? Don't know if the best. And Olsen. Ahh hell no please!!!!!

8 months agoby @OhhmeohhMyFlag

15. Corey W.

Why would Ronan pass on Scarlett Witch? Like...what the f*ck is she doing with her career where she can't star in a Marvel?

Actors who take no interest in the superhero genre need to realize it'll put them even bigger on the map. No common sense....

8 months agoby @coreyFlag

16. Bane5000

Gary Oldman wouldve been perfect casting for Rocket...I dont mind Cooper, so long as he doesnt go to over the top like in The A Team

8 months agoby @bane5000Flag

17. LilZook

wtf

8 months agoby @lilzookFlag

18. MillerFarrow

@eddie584 Agreed. Gary Oldman would have been a better choice who was rumored.

8 months agoby @MillerFarrowFlag

19. Eddie584

love Bradley cooper, but not sure how I feel about this.... I like the idea of a tough, gruff, british accent for the voice of rocket.

8 months agoby @eddie584Flag