Brad Pitt Talks 'World War Z' Sequel

The actor was recently interviewed and discussed the future of Paramount Pictures' upcoming zombie sequels.
Brad Pitt recently sat down with Variety at the Toronto International Film Festival and offered a brief update to the state of Marc Forster's possible World War Z sequels. Check out what he had to say.

"We're certainly talking about it, yes. We have so many ideas on the table from just the time we spent developing this thing and figuring out how zombie worlds work. We have so many ideas and so much information, we think we have a lot of stuff to mine from. We're going to do our best and see what we get out of it. We gotta get the script right first to determine if we go further."

The project has brought in over $500 million since it's release in June, so the sequel and a possible trilogy is very likely to happen.

World War Z was released June 21st, 2013 and stars Brad Pitt, Mireille Enos, Daniella Kertesz, James Badge Dale, Ludi Boeken, Matthew Fox, Fana Mokoena, David Morse. The film is directed by Marc Forster.

Sources: Variety

1. undeadslayer4

@Brizzy dkr was even horrible than im3 10000x worse by its lack of realism and its overuled stored

10 months agoby @undeadslayer4Flag

2. Josh

I'm certainly on board for a sequel. WWZ was my biggest surprise of the year so far, really well done.

10 months agoby @shuabertFlag

3. Brizzy

@undeadslayer4 dkr was last year. dumbass. and it was 1000 times better than IM3. Everyone knows that, even the marvel fanboys.

10 months agoby @BrizzyFlag

4. Anguslovesducks

@Pablo-A-66926665 Sadly Brad Pitt probably doesnt read these comments...LOL

10 months agoby @AnguslovesducksFlag

5. undeadslayer4

@Brizzy and dkr and oblivion

10 months agoby @undeadslayer4Flag

6. Pablo A.

I've got some script ideas. Hey Brad, have your people contact my people.

10 months agoby @Pablo-A-66926665Flag

7. Brizzy

@2movieguys The worst film of 2013 was Iron Man 3, actually.

10 months agoby @BrizzyFlag

8. CelluloidDreams

"World War Z" was crap!!! Worst film of 2013!!!! We don't need sequel!

10 months agoby @2movieguysFlag

9. CoreyB

@OhhmeohhMy Yeah I really have no excuse...Im a huge Pitt fan just never got around to going this summer. Bluray for sure I'll rent.

10 months agoby @CoreyBFlag

10. OhhmeohhMy

@CoreyB it was really good I thought. But I'm sure they will come out with a sequel. Because they way the movie played out till the end. I don't what to say why. Cause I don't want to ruin it for you. But the movie plays out up till the end only leaves room for a sequel. But hopefully they will come up with some good ideas.

10 months agoby @OhhmeohhMyFlag

11. CoreyB

i still havent seen the movie

10 months agoby @CoreyBFlag

12. Rexorthedestroyer

I like Brad Pitt, I liked World War Z - does this movie need a sequel? I don't think so, it looked like they had the zombie infestation wrapped up, Brad should do something else, also I think people are getting a little bored of zombies.

10 months agoby @RexorthedestroyerFlag

13. Xenon

haven't seen the first one yet, I heard it did really well.

10 months agoby @xenon56Flag

14. David

This film was fantastic. Let it be the film it is, and not a sub-par series.

10 months agoby @davidmFlag

15. David garcia

If they want to make a sequel, they should do it about the battle of Yonkers, an epic siege where the united states armed forces tries to beat back a thundering horde of the undead. That they should do.

10 months agoby @David-garcia-67788063Flag

16. JasonKat

Going the Resident Evil, Dawn of the Dead, Land of the Dead, Night of the Living Dead.. route, is not the direction this thing needs or "should" go. because its been done over n over n over. And we really never see life after (an) infection.
    Movies like...Contagion, The Invasion, I Am Legend, ect. leave a window open for what happens next. How does life form again, does the virus die for good, is everybody taken care of (vaccine) wise. and all these lil things.
    Which is where world war Z: 2, comes in , they wanna go that direction. So this should be good.

10 months agoby @jasonkatFlag