BOX OFFICE PREDICTIONS: Will 'The Help' Win This Very Crowded Weekend?

Or will 'Conan the Barbarian' and 'Fright Night' fight it out for that coveted number one spot at the box office?

PREDICTED WEEKEND BOX OFFICE

1. Moviedirector

@thedude1 Yeah October would have been better, horror films tend to do a lot better then, and to be honest even if I still had a choice to see this in 3D I still would've picked 2D just because 3D is not what it used to be for me, the only two movies that have come out this year that I actually liked in 3D was Dark Of The Moon and Drive Angry, Thor's 3D was terrible for me you could barely tell it was 3D at all.

3 years agoby @FilmlegacyFlag

2. TheDude1

@Filmlegacy I agree about the 3D. People are getting tired of it this year since tons of movies have been released in 3D. That and it had a lot of competition this weekend. If it were my decision I would have released the movie in October and that may have brought out a bigger crowd.

3 years agoby @thedude1Flag

3. Moviedirector

@thedude1 You were right, I'm sorry man Fright Night did kinda bomb at the box office, didn't as well as expected, which kind sucks I was hoping for a sequel but whatever, I think it didn't to well because its a remake and 3D and I think people are starting to get sick of both now.

3 years agoby @FilmlegacyFlag

4. moviegeek

Whoa. I just realized that three 3D movies are releasing all on the same weekend. That's a first in movie history if I'm correct.

3 years agoby @moviegeekFlag

5. Ghostman

Box-Office Mojo listed Fright Night opening with 2million Friday....that's uh, pretty bad, yeah really bad...It'll be lucky enough to make it to 10million by Monday.

3 years agoby @ghostmanFlag

6. Moviedirector

@thedude1 I saw it in 2D as it was the only choice I had, and even if I had a choice of seeing it in 3D I still wouldn't have, been dissapointed by 3D lately, and its one of the better remakes I have to say, if it bombs it bombs idc I guess, not like I'm gaining anything from it but I hope it does make a decent amount of money.

3 years agoby @FilmlegacyFlag

7. TheDude1

@Filmlegacy Wow that is a surprise coming from a fan of the original. I was going to see and actually wanted to until I seen the first trailer. After that I wanted to kill the creators of it. I can't bring myself to spend 15 bucks for this in 3D or even 10 bucks in 2D so I will just wait til it hits the dollar theater to see if is actually good like you say.

As for it tanking, well it did. Friday it only made 3 million dollars and is only on pace for 8 million for the weekend. Even with the small 30 million dollar budget that is still a giant bomb unless it does huge overseas.

3 years agoby @thedude1Flag

8. Moviedirector

@thedude1 Fright night was actually good this is coming from a fan of the old one, and its not going to tank, and I hope it gets a sequel and no need to be such an ass about it who cares.

3 years agoby @FilmlegacyFlag

9. TheDude1

Fright Night has beyond tanked!!!! It won't even make more than 10 million this weekend! HAHAHA!!! I am loving it!

3 years agoby @thedude1Flag

10. Replicant

I wish Apes stayed at #1 a couple more weeks, to 100% assure a sequel.

3 years agoby @felipe-11Flag

These spy kids movies....each never passed 40 million in their production budget and at least tripled in sales.

12. ROFLitschristian

Spy Kids Scratch 'n Sniff--$13
    Conan--$11
    ...
    One Day--$4.5

3 years agoby @moviegeekFlag

15. Ghostman

@ROFLitschristian lol, I'd rather have The Help or Planet of the Apes be in the Top Spot, and Spy Kids be number 3 then.

3 years agoby @ghostmanFlag

16. ROFLitschristian

@ghostman No. Kids movies, as sh*tty as everyone knows certain ones will be, always debut in the top 5. Parents are so weak. I wouldn't never let my child sit through Spy Kids 4. That's how you get Father of the Year. Lol.

3 years agoby @ROFLitschristianFlag

17. K.Guy

Spy kids shouldn't be in the top 5.

3 years agoby @kguyFlag

I dunno, but Apes has managed to make more than double it's budget. Sequel is almost inevitable now :D

3 years agoby @dan1Flag

19. The First Avenger: JohnnyBlaze

New Conan looks like Crap. Perfect example of an unnecessary remake.

3 years agoby @johnnyblazetb82Flag

20. Ghostman

1. The Help
    2. Planet of the Apes
    3.Conan the Barbarian
    4. Fright Night
    5. Final Destination 5

3 years agoby @ghostmanFlag

21. justinishulk

ooh Conan 4th place?.... damn.

3 years agoby @justinishulkFlag