BOX OFFICE PREDICTIONS: Will 'The Conjuring' Speed Past 'Turbo' This Weekend?

Or will holdover 'Despicable Me 2' pummel 'Red 2' and 'R.I.P.D.' as we head into this Comic-Con weekend at the box office?

PREDICTED WEEKEND BOX OFFICE:

Sources: Brian Gallagher

1. TheDude1

@therealGoku Glad to hear the positive feedback. I was reading reviews by some critics and they are saying it was one of the worst movies they ever saw. I just knew they had to be full of it.

9 months agoby @thedude1Flag

2. The Real Goku

@thedude1 man I really liked it a lot. It was different from other movies I've seen but not a bad different. I liked it a lot

9 months agoby @therealGokuFlag

3. TheDude1

@therealGoku So how was Only God Forgives?

9 months agoby @thedude1Flag

4. Replicant

@Celestialforthcoming I'll check it out sometime then, I do like horror but there's so much bad stuff that I usually don't even bother, specially if it's from a major studio.

Just came back from Only God Forgives, loved it but definitely not everyone's cup of tea, much like Drive.

9 months agoby @felipe-11Flag

5. Celestialforthcoming

@Replicant @the Real Goku i can assure you first hand it isn't. I can understand your skepticism because nowadays horror are lacking in quality with cheap thrills. The Conjuring succeeds in perhaps lining itself with the classics such as rosemary's and Exorcism. I don't tend to exaggerate either. This films pays homage to those classic in great execution. I rarely get scared with horror films anymore. This one actually put me on the edge because the way it is shot plays with your perspective very well. James wan has found a good balance and that is the highest praise I have given in a long time when it comes to a horror film. I was like you two before i saw it and it blew that expectation. It's smart and creepy. and @the Real Goku, you're a lucky bastard lol. I want to see that too despite the bad reviews. As for Pacific Rim, indeed it does deserve much more than last weekend.

9 months agoby @CelestialforthcomingFlag

6. Moviemaniack1993

Definitely not a cash grab. The reviews show that. In fact it was supposed to be released earlier this year but it tested so well that Warner moved to a summer slot.

9 months agoby @moviemaniack1993Flag

7. The Real Goku

@felipe-11 yeah same here. Pacific rim was really dope to me. And I'm still not sold on conjuring. Maybe if I'm bored and have nothing else to do i will check it out

9 months agoby @therealGokuFlag

8. Replicant

I'm checking out Only God Forgives too, but I really hope Pacific Rim does well, it deserves it.

Can't believe The Conjuring is getting all this hype, I totally dismissed it as another lame horror cash grab.

9 months agoby @felipe-11Flag

9. The Real Goku

@thedude1 will do. Yeah only a few theaters are showing it. But luckily I for f one a few miles away from my house. I can't wait

9 months agoby @therealGokuFlag

10. Moviemaniack1993

Saw The Conjuring last night at 8pm and it was packed. It was excellent. And I am so happy it is certified FRESH. Go and see it, it was a lot of fun. Vera Farmiga steals the show. Hopefully it will win the weekend.

9 months agoby @moviemaniack1993Flag

11. TheDude1

@therealGoku Let us know how it is. Sadly the film is only getting a limited release and is not playing around here.

9 months agoby @thedude1Flag

12. The Real Goku

I'm going to see "Only God Forgives" tonight!! Definitely can't pass on it

9 months agoby @therealGokuFlag

13. Celestialforthcoming

The way everything looks. it all points to the conjuring winning this weekend.

9 months agoby @CelestialforthcomingFlag

14. TheDude1

Hopefully The Conjuring takes the weekend. Looks like a good movie. Going to see it tonight and I can't wait.

9 months agoby @thedude1Flag