BOX OFFICE BEAT DOWN: 'The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey' Grabs Another $36.7 Million

'Jack Reacher' takes second place with $15.6 million, with 'This is 40' finishing in third place with $12 million.

WEEKEND BOX OFFICE:

Sources: Box Office Mojo

1. Xenon

@narrator a critic recently wrote and stated that LOTR and the Hobbit was overbolted and continued to state that both were the same film. I tend to think she went in to do her job, had all ready made up her mind in hating it and attacked it after hearing bad reviews.
    I don't listen to critic's because they are narrow minded and full of garbage.

Most fantasy films or horrors don't get awards because of it and are not recognized as good films.

2 years agoby @xenon56Flag

Looks like it will end with a 300 domestic tally

Sorry, @xenon56, but I couldn't disagree more. If anything, he knows this isn't the Lord of the Rings. That's why he made the Hobbit so light and family friendly, because the novel is lighter than the Rings' books. I agree that it was longer than it needed to be, but aside from that, I'd disagree with you and say Jackson gave us an adolescent film for an adolescent novel, not an adult one.

2 years agoby @narratorFlag

4. Xenon

The Hobbit should have been one film all along, the other two should be further back in time. However Peter can and I must say can over do it.
    It's his down fault, however I think he wanted to tell a story from different perspectives putting in things that were not there to being with.
    It's not LOTR - its a hobbit film and he's forgotten that. I expect that he wanted an adult version of it.

2 years agoby @xenon56Flag

5. Basquat

So is 15 million good for a Tom Cruise movie?

2 years agoby @basquatFlag

6. Roberto Mata

The movie is good, has great CGI and Cinematography, I don't know if is Just Me, but the movie was too long, The first one of the original trilogy was long but they took advantage of the running time to tell a good story, in this one there where too many scenes that weren't neccesary, I hope the sequel is better. I mean they did one book into a trilogy, and with this first film of the trilogy it isn't working...

2 years agoby @Roberto-MataFlag

7. ROFLitschristian

Pretty mediocre weekend. Hopefully it picks up this week.

2 years agoby @ROFLitschristianFlag