BOX OFFICE BEAT DOWN: 'Les Miserables' Earns $18.2 Million on Christmas Day

Quentin Tarantino's 'Django Unchained' finishes in second place with a solid $15 million, while 'Parental Guidance' earns $6.5 million.

CHRISTMAS DAY BOX OFFICE:

Sources: ERC Box Office

1. Corey W.

Despite bad reviews, I thought Parental Guidance looked funny.

Les Mis and Django were both great though. Les Mis was perfect. Django would have been too had it shaved off the final 15 minutes.

1 year agoby @coreyFlag

2. thedude-abides

Les Mis was everything I expected it to be. Easily one of the best films of the year.

1 year agoby @thedude-abidesFlag

No surprise with the top two, though The Hobbit took a harder beating than I'd anticipated. I hope the film manages to hang in there for the long run and keep a steady income, or the studio might start sweating Jackson. Then again, perhaps that's what's needed? Regardless, the top three seem fitting and that's that. What the f*ck is up with Parental Guidance, though?

1 year agoby @narratorFlag

4. ROFLitschristian

The fact that people actually went and saw Parental Guidance blows my mind.

1 year agoby @ROFLitschristianFlag

5. Jbwriter

Just saw Les Miserables. Some great performances, some good performances, some not so good performances and some just plain awful performances. Best performance Anne Hathaway. Second best performance Samantha Barks. Third best performance Aaron Tveit. Fourth, Hugh Jackman. After that, the kids, Sacha Baron Cohen and Helena Bonham Carter. Worst performance Russell Crowe. Good actor, not a great singer; especially for this style of music. Amanda Seyfried. Didn't like her performance. She was only in the role because they wanted someone the audience would know to play the part. Eddie Redmayne. Not the worst performance but there were scenes where it was obvious his singing needed some work. Sets were fantastic. Costumes were great. Overall, my wife and I were disappointed. I even heard some audience members laughing when Russell Crowe sang and occasionally when Eddie Redmayne sang. Some musicals are meant for the stage, some for film and some will work for both. This was meant for the stage.

1 year agoby @jwriterFlag

6. moviegeek

Fantastic numbers all around. I'm shocked that Parental Guidance did so well :P

1 year agoby @moviegeekFlag

7. K.Guy

django was amazing! les miserables is next!

1 year agoby @kguyFlag

8. Monkeyiron 2.0

Wow I blame me for not seeing Django

1 year agoby @monkeyiron2-0Flag

9. ChiRep_1

Django was fantastic, a must see for sure.

1 year agoby @ChiRep-1Flag

There's a surprise

1 year agoby @bawnian-dexeusFlag

11. TheDude1

@felipe-11 Good to hear Django was great. I'm in the middle of this north east snow storm and can't see it until Saturday. But it is good to know it is enjoyable.

1 year agoby @thedude1Flag

12. Replicant

Saw Django last night, LOVED IT.

1 year agoby @felipe-11Flag