BOX OFFICE BEAT DOWN: 'Jack the Giant Slayer' Wins with $28 Million

'21 and Over' takes third place with $9 million while 'The Last Exorcism Part II' finishes in fourth place with $8 million.

WEEKEND BOX OFFICE:

Sources: Box Office Mojo

1. Nicholaus XX

@thedude-abides -- I sure as hell hope so, because I'm actually looking forward to it.

1 year agoby @XxNickTheFilmCriticXxFlag

2. thedude-abides

@XxNickTheFilmCriticXx I'm sure it will. It'll be the first "real" movie of 2013, in my estimation.

1 year agoby @thedude-abidesFlag

3. Nicholaus XX

Too sad..

@thedude-abides -- Hopefully, it'll break the cycle, and be the first 'good' movie of 2013. I've seen nearly every movie this year, and none of them have been able to achieve even the most basic admirable mark.

1 year agoby @XxNickTheFilmCriticXxFlag

4. Adamsandlerfggot69

Jack looks so dumb and mediocre from the trailers I could not believe it even came out on top of the box office. And it may be just because I was forced to watch About a Boy, but Hoult's face still looks weird to me.

1 year agoby @adamsandlerfggot69Flag

Disappointing numbers

1 year agoby @bawnian-dexeusFlag

6. ROFLitschristian

@ejk1 Ending definitely didn't leave any signs, or hope, for a sequel. It was really a stand alone film. Anything that attempts to be considered a sequel is already a dumb idea, especially with the way they ended it. But I guess you'll have to see it to understand.

1 year agoby @ROFLitschristianFlag

7. ROFLitschristian

Super lackluster weekend. Jack was only so entertaining, and even then I don't think it was worth the 11 bucks...

1 year agoby @ROFLitschristianFlag

8. moviegeek

I can't believe people went and watched Jack..

1 year agoby @moviegeekFlag

9. The Cryptkeeper: Resurrected

At least Last Exorcism Part II made it's budget back already... Hahaha

1 year agoby @cryptFlag

10. DeanIsNotMyName

@ejk1

200 million budget... No way it makes that back, worldwide perhaps.

1 year agoby @deanisnotmynameFlag

11. thedude-abides

I'll wait 'till The Place Beyond the Pines later this month. Ironically, the first two (of four) Gosling movies will be my first two trips to the cinemas this year.

1 year agoby @thedude-abidesFlag

Heard from multiple sources that Jack wasn't a bad film, just not original. Basically, if you went in only hoping to be entertained, you got your money's worth. With a $28 million dollar take on the first weekend in March, Singer may have a franchise on his hands (if the ending allows for sequels; admittedly I had no desire to see this in theaters, opting to wait for Oz to come out before spending my theater money).

1 year agoby @ejk1Flag

13. Replicant

can we please get to the good movie season already? This is unbearable...

1 year agoby @felipe-11Flag