BOX OFFICE BEAT DOWN: 'Immortals' Wins the Weekend with $32 Million

'Jack and Jill' takes second place with $26 million and 'J. Edgar' debuts in fifth place with $11.4 million.

WEEKEND BOX OFFICE:

Sources: Box Office Mojo

1. Corey W.

Well the last 20 minutes was ok, but not enough for me to really like the film.

3 years agoby @coreyFlag

2. Corey W.

Just saw Immortals. I didn't like it at all.

3 years agoby @coreyFlag

In a matter of days, Immortals will break even and begin making profits

4. Fat_Jesus

Tower Heist got significantly better reviews than J. Edgar?

Oh, good Lord.

3 years agoby @fat-jesusFlag

5. m2

Well at least that piece of s*** Jack & Jill didn't make #1. And as for J. Edgar I was a bit let down, overall it was just a decent film which for me I'll forget about it once award season comes around and unfortunately that includes Leo's performance that was great but not great great. Sorry.

3 years agoby @m2Flag

6. CelluloidDreams

"Immortals" was ok ...I would give it a C+!!! Not much of a plot...tedious towards the end!

3 years agoby @2movieguysFlag

7. Replicant

@ChiRep-1 Definitely. Even so, they can bash the film if they want, but DiCaprio's performance is still an Oscar contender.

3 years agoby @felipe-11Flag

8. SupernaturalFreak

I can't believe J. Edgar only debuted in fifth. I went to see it and it was a great movie. Maybe there wasn't alot of action in it but it didn't need it. It was telling an intriguing story. Leo's performance was great but I also think that Armie Hammer as Clyde Tolson was amazing as well - not to mention kinda sweet. I really liked the slight love story between J. Edgar and Clyde. It was very interesting. I think Leo should get an Oscar for his performance - and I think Armie Hammer should get an Oscar or at least a nomination for his performance. Don't listen to those cynical reviewer hacks!!! J. Edgar deserves to be seen!!!

3 years agoby @supernaturalfreakFlag

9. ROFLitschristian

Jack and Jill made $26 mil? Bummer...

3 years agoby @ROFLitschristianFlag

10. ChiRep_1

@thedude-abides Agreed, it fell to the subject of "critical hype" meaning critics assumed this was a best picture contender and DiCaprio's performance as Oscar worthy.

3 years agoby @ChiRep-1Flag

11. The First Avenger: JohnnyBlaze

Im officialy done with Society, The fact that Jack and Jill made any kind of money proves that consumers litteraly have NO BRAINS. F&%# you Sandler! and Your God forsaken hold on mindless idiots!

3 years agoby @johnnyblazetb82Flag

12. Replicant

Really, society? Jack & Jill at #2?
    I can understand Immortals, Puss in Boots, Tower Heist, but Jack & Jill? You've really disappointed me this time.

3 years agoby @felipe-11Flag

13. thedude-abides

Visually pleasing with little to no substance whatsoever? I could'a guessed this would be #1.

And J. Edgar's 41% I find to be the victim of a hoity toity reviewer base with preconceived expectations of excellence solely because of DiCaprio's performance. 41% is ridiculous. There's no way it's that bad.

3 years agoby @thedude-abidesFlag

3% just makes me laugh.

3 years agoby @ejk1Flag

15. Ghostman

Well, we didn't see that coming...hopefully this gives Henry Cavill more star power in anticipating Man of Steel :)

3 years agoby @ghostmanFlag

Least the wrong movie didn't make it number 1

17. Corey W.

Cool. Didn't see either number 1 or 2 this weekend...yet. Seeing Immortals tonight and hoping Jack and Jill pops up online sometime this week.

3 years agoby @coreyFlag

18. Josh

Is Paranormal Activity 3 the most profitable film of all time? It has to be up there.

3 years agoby @shuabertFlag