Bill Murray Rumored to Hate 'Ghostbusters 3' Script

Dan Aykroyd and Harold Ramis may make the sequel without the actor, after he sent them a box with shredded contents of the new script.
Bill Murray reportedly shredded the Ghostbusters 3 script
Bill Murray reportedly shredded the Ghostbusters 3 script
It has been long believed that actor Bill Murray is the main roadblock in gettting Ghostbusters 3 off the ground. A new report reveals Bill Murray, who has script approval for the sequel, sent actors Dan Aykroyd and Harold Ramis a box containing shredded contents of the latest script draft, and the following note.

"No one wants to pay money to see fat, old men chasing ghosts!"

The report indicates both Dan Aykroyd and Harold Ramis were furious over Bill Murray's actions, and have vowed to make Ghostbusters 3 without him.

These new developments fall in line with Dan Aykroyd's comments from August, when he revealed they may make Ghostbusters 3 with or without Bill Murray. Of course, none of this has been confirmed as of yet.

It still isn't known if director Ivan Reitman will return to make Ghostbusters 3 or not.

Ghostbusters comes to theaters in 2016.

1. Monkeyiron 2.0

This gotta be a fake

2 years agoby @monkeyiron2-0Flag

2. Michael Jamie Morley

I honestly don't know if this story is a crock of sh*t? Or one of the biggest letdown's in film sequel history! Especially if the main center stage actor Bill Murray is dissing his most successful film to date. Even though he didn't like the script? He should of at-least had some creative input rather then shredding it like some sown-so! If I was Bill Murray? I'd think long and hard over something I loved so much, but over the fact I really hated the script to the new sequel, I would at least say it needs a bit of this or it needs a bit more of that. Giving some of his own thoughts on how it should be played out. Rather then being a prick! Especially to his caring friends Dan & Harold who have waited for him to say he wants to do it so they can finally make the deadline happen for it to be in pre-production. But they have being waiting for so long because they care about us the audience that's why it's taken so long to made. Because of you Bill Murray! You gotta think about that.

2 years agoby @Michael-Jamie-MorleyFlag

3. sirdiddymus

Three reasons why this story is fake:
    1. The GB3 script was sent to Murray by Ivan Reitman, not Aykroyd and Ramis. If he was going to return it, it would be to Reitman -- who he has a lot of respect for.
    2. Murray's friendship for Aykroyd goes beyond Ghostbusters. He would never do anything this blatant to such a close friend. Murray may be unpredictable, but not hurtful.
    3. This story, if you do your research, was first reported by the National Enquirer.

2 years agoby @sirdiddymusFlag

4. Xenon

Murry hasn't been in anything good in a long time, his films since then have been either awful or just laughable to watch.
    An actor that shreds a script and posts a little letter like that has something wrong with them.
    I've met nicer actors than him.

2 years agoby @xenon56Flag

5. Newtron

Wow. I don't know if this is true, but if it is, it doesn't sound like he's not happy with the script, it sounds like he's not happy with the idea of making a Ghostbusters 3. To me, his actions are more in line with, "Come on guys. This was over 20 years ago. That was then, and now it's over. Move on."

2 years agoby @newtronFlag

6. Mr_Jellyfish

I hope this doesn't happen, there doesn't need to be a third film

2 years agoby @mr-jellyfishFlag

7. Mr_Jellyfish

@Jeronimo-Mico Surely it's the guy's who actually want to revisit a franchise from their youth that are suffering from a Mid-Life crisis!

2 years agoby @mr-jellyfishFlag

8. Twisted Smile

@Laura-White You are so wrong about that place. It's bullsh*t and by the way missy, I saw you at the club the other night covered in SPAM! YOU SPAMER! SPAMY, SPAM, SPAM,SPAMER! The only service your dating site provides is a waste of time.

2 years agoby @twistedsmileFlag

9. Twisted Smile

This is from the National Enquier and if you are going to believe anything this paper says then you will definitely believe this....I am the sexiest man alive....actually, that is quite true.

2 years agoby @twistedsmileFlag

10. Jimthar

i personally dont care if this movie gets made or not. i didn't like part 2 and i dont have high hopes for a part 3, 20 years later. sorry.

2 years agoby @jimtharFlag

11. Jeronimo Mico

Bill Murray is obviously suffering from Mid-Life crisis lol.

2 years agoby @Jeronimo-MicoFlag

12. Movieguy650

on the other hand. I'm not seeing any kind of source behind this report, so it may just be as the headline says "a rumor"

2 years agoby @movieguy650Flag

13. MovieManiac

Just make it without him. Murray is just being a little prick.

2 years agoby @moviemaniac66Flag

14. ROFLitschristian

@slysnide That makes sense to me. Also there's the chance that every thing you've learned from pop culture in those years can make or break the film; you can either make a movie 100x better than the firsts, or you can completely trash it.

2 years agoby @ROFLitschristianFlag

15. Gonzo23

Damn. Huge fan of this franchise. Would love for Murray to be in this!!! I would defiantly pay money to watch these guys back in action. This would be one of those movies that you wouldn't care if it tanks, you would just love to see those characters again.

2 years agoby @gonzo23Flag

16. Movieguy650

Yeah? Well no one wanted to pay to see Bill Murray ham-it up with an elephant. But he made that movie didn't he...

2 years agoby @movieguy650Flag

17. slysnide

I guess he views it as trivial to go at it again after all these years, like with Indy4. What's the point in sitting on ghostbusters3 for two and a half decades only to randomly return to it.

2 years agoby @slysnideFlag

18. Luc Eccles Biron

Ghostbusters are nothing without Bill Murray, I always liked him and I trust his judgement towards the script. It's not just the studios that need script approval from Murray, me too!

2 years agoby @luc-eccles-bironFlag

19. Diaigma

No Murray. No Ghostbusters. Period.

But for the record, I WOULD pay to see fat old men chasing ghosts :P

2 years agoby @diaigmaFlag

20. Gandoff

I love Bill Murray. He is a down to earth person, with the need to make others laugh. He lives in upper New York, up the Hudson River. Meet him once, and was very kind, and gracious. But I think some might think his comedy, which is meant to come out as egotistical, might take him wrong. But, why couldn't 6 months of a strict diet, exercise, and some hair coloring for some make it okay? Bill never really did anything real physical in either of the two films anyway. But, if all rumors on the script being, to bring in young guys to take over, and to put Ghostbusters in line for more films, I don't understand why they would be doing allot anyway. Maybe a opening sequence with them doing stuff, they shouldn't do for their age and health, making them decide to hire young guys to handle it all, and sit back as office people or retire. Maybe be involved in the end of movie ghost battle. But I just don't think I want to see it with out at least ALL the originals back for the start. Make Murray get crippled in a building collapsing busting a ghost in the beginning, forcing him to be behind the desk for the rest of the film. I really don't care, as long as he is in the movie, not killed off.

2 years agoby @gandoffFlag

21. JasonKat

when he said "fat old guy" he was talking about Dan Aykroyd. lol. thats why dan wants to do it w/out him.

2 years agoby @jasonkatFlag

What? No Expendables jokes? :P

23. TheFury

Bill Murray is the voice of reason.

2 years agoby @TheFuryFlag

24. SpideR-OnE

I want to pay money to see fat, old men chasing ghosts! :D but only with all crew from the previous parts.

2 years agoby @spider-oneFlag

25. Etorken

I understand if the old ones are in the movie, but they are too old to be the ones to do the ghostbusting. New and younger ones should be doing that instead...
    So the old ones bust till they die of old age, and then there is no one to continue their work?
    Inside the world of Ghostbusters. Considering the kind of job it "is" there would be a massive amount of candidates.
    I understand it is fantasy/sci fi but make it realistic!

2 years agoby @etorkenFlag

26. JasonKat

I never liked Bill Murray anyways, he thinks hes sum kinda hot shot, Just because hes an icon in this movie, doesnt make him needable if he doesnt wantin, thats fine, same sh*t with megan fox, she hated transformers, so they dropped her. Yes this movie would b great w bill. but if he doesnt like it then its best to be w/out. The rest of the cast will b making big bucks and maybe bomb the weekend boxoffice w/out the bastard.

2 years agoby @jasonkatFlag

I really don't see the need for this from Murray's point of view. While Akroyd may want it to get one more run in the spotlight, this really is not worth Murray's time, especially if it is an unworthy script.

2 years agoby @ejk1Flag

28. Dragon1991

It seems that this movie will never be made.

2 years agoby @Dragon1991Flag

29. moviegeek

This is such a rumor :P Please. No one is that overdramatic.

2 years agoby @moviegeekFlag

30. TheNewDrug89

You can't make "Ghostbusters 3" without Murray. Either have all of them, or don't make it at all.

2 years agoby @thenewdrug89Flag