Beyonce Sets Her Sights on 'Wonder Woman'

The pop-star/actress wants to take on the role of DC's Amazon princess.
Wonder Woman
Wonder Woman
Beyoncé has turned her sights from her award-winning pop career back to film - and not just any film, but she now has one of DC Comic's biggest superheroes in her sights. It was recently revealed to the LA Times that Beyoncé is hoping to take on the lead role in Wonder Woman.

"I want to do a superhero movie and what would be better than Wonder Woman? It would be great. And it would be a very bold choice. A black Wonder Woman would be a powerful thing. It's time for that, right?" she revealed.

The pop star says that she has met with representatives from both DC Comics and Warner Brothers to express her interest in taking a major role in an upcoming superhero film. Having previously worked on Dreamgirls and Cadillac Records, Beyoncé turned her sights to superheroes.

"After doing these roles that were so emotional I was thinking to myself, 'OK, I need to be a superhero,'" Beyoncé said. "Although, when you think about the psychology of the heroes in the films these days, they are still a lot of work, of course, and emotional. But there's also an action element that I would enjoy."

While her primary interest is in the Amazonian princess, who originally came to life in the form of Linda Carter, the pop star is open to other superheroic ideas, especially considering that the Wonder Woman film has been stalled for some time. Asked what character she had in mind, she laughed "I'm open to suggestions!"

Wonder Woman is in development .

Sources: LA Times

LOL

2 years agoby @dan1Flag

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH WOW!!!!! Can't believe I never saw this

3. THE JOKER

its clear i think Kate Beckinsale would be the best choice by a long shot. And Sophia Bush i think would be good as well. Just No Beyonce.

6 years agoby @mcleve02Flag

4. CBF

No Beyonc&#233, it's not time for that. Stick to watching films in your multi-million dollar mansion or $200,000 yacht with Jay-Z and let the real actresses take a shot at bringing DC's third biggest property to the silver screen.

6 years agoby @comicbookfanFlag

5. T.Clark

You're right on that lol

6 years agoby @insertusernamehereFlag

6. T.Clark

You can't be serious. Graham is too old. She's 41 and you can tell. People aren't going to be attracted to her. Look at my avatar and tell me that isn't Wonder Woman.

6 years agoby @insertusernamehereFlag

7. The First Avenger: JohnnyBlaze

2 words: Lauren Ghaham.

6 years agoby @johnnyblazetb82Flag

8. SPetnAZ

Now if only the producers paid attention to these sites.

6 years agoby @spetnazFlag

9. T.Clark

YES, Sophia Bush. No maybes...bee-yaw lol

6 years agoby @insertusernamehereFlag

10. The Cryptkeeper

Oh, no. Not Beyonce.

Maybe Sophia Bush, VIS. lol. I can't really think of anyone that would be good in this role...

6 years agoby @americanpsychoFlag

11. RodimusKnight

Don't let the producers go with her first coming ti America if they choose Beyonce, because the whole coming to stand up against the Nazis' in World War II would be out. And if they do that might as well buiry the series. You are removing what Wonder Woman was first about and a segergated world with a black woman walking about doing what ever she wanted doesn't fit.

6 years agoby @rodimusknightFlag

12. T.Clark

Yep, yep, yep haha

6 years agoby @insertusernamehereFlag

13. SPetnAZ

To AGENT VIS: Sofia Bush is a NICE choice. She would suit a young Wonder Woman very nicely.

6 years agoby @spetnazFlag

14. SPetnAZ

To THE JOKER: I meant no offense dude. I also got my info from the comic books, wikipedia is just the most common place for info for those who haven't read the comics of any kind. I'm glad to hear that you've read the comic books - they're great. PEACE?

6 years agoby @spetnazFlag

15. TPOJ

No...just no. Wonder Woman being black goes against the DC univers (no offence). Wonder Woman has always been white, and her people.

6 years agoby @tpojFlag

16. T.Clark

......SOPHIA BUSH!

6 years agoby @insertusernamehereFlag

17. T.Clark

I have found my Wonder Woman, and no, it's not Megan Fox:

Sophia Bush

Google it...bee-yaw!

Now, before anyone says anything, I don't watch "One Tree Hill." Some of you might be like, "well, then how do you know her." Well, I was googling brunette actresses on the off chance I'd find a woman I couldn't remember but would make a good WW. Vuala!...I found Sophia. Also, before you say "she was on a CW show, she can't be WW"...Lauren Graham-Gilmore Girls. Nuff said.

Just google images her, please. She's 26(older than Megan, not by much, put to satisfy the people who think WW should be "older"). I don't get why you'd want her to look old. Graham is f*cking 41 and you can tell. Bush is old enough. Besides, they were going to have a model play WW in JLA, at least Bush has done acting.

6 years agoby @insertusernamehereFlag

18. T.Clark

Vamp thinks she'd be a good choice, too. I don't see a gilmore girl playing Princess Diana, sorry. I don't see Hathaway being her, either. She's hot and a good actress, but that big ass smile just doesn't scream "wonder woman" to me. McAdams looks way too cute, I guess is the right word, to be Diana

6 years agoby @insertusernamehereFlag

19. THE JOKER

Holy crap i know her i didnt even think of her. She would prolly be the best. Good job Mr. Blaze

6 years agoby @mcleve02Flag

20. The First Avenger: JohnnyBlaze

U all seem 2 4get the most appropriate Woman for the role... Lauren Graham has the look and style. google her image if u dont believe me.

6 years agoby @johnnyblazetb82Flag

21. THE JOKER

Anne Hathaway, Rachel McAdams or Kate Beckinsale are the three that should get it

6 years agoby @mcleve02Flag

22. RodimusKnight

I heard a rumor of Ann Hathaway, from Get Smart and the Princess Diary movies. I must agree with that suggestion. She has a look that goes more towards the comic book.

Also, she has more of a Greek look, I guess.

6 years agoby @rodimusknightFlag

23. ctg123

Beyonce need to stay in the music buzz cause she's not the greatest actress and in my eyes if she took on this role there would be a lot of unhappy comic book readers. I'll let you in on a little secret but you can't tell anyone else............. keep to basic of the superhero thats what makes them a great movie!!!!!!

(Vote Megan Fox for Wonder Woman)

6 years agoby @ctg123Flag

24. Evil Resident

They just need a name to make money and I agreed with everyone on here she should stick to singing and for the record its not because she look better then me I know that but she will suck for WW like Hallie Berry for Catwoman

6 years agoby @curvyaloneFlag

25. THE JOKER

I think they should stick with the proper race. The actors are out there to do all the roles.I mean if they made a John Henry movie wouldnt the crowd be shocked if they made him a white guy. Same thing stick to the comics. And nicely put about the wikipedia. i hate people who think they understand comics from reading that crap

6 years agoby @mcleve02Flag

26. The First Avenger: JohnnyBlaze

Say what U will about race. but the fact alone that she cant act worth a dam was proven when she overacted the "foxy" cleopatra in austin powers. yeesh

6 years agoby @johnnyblazetb82Flag

27. T.Clark

Sam's Nick Fury is based off Fury from 'The Ultimates,' which is based off Sam no less. It makes sense.

I liked Daredevil. Like I said, it was a good choice to make Kingpin black cuz what big, bald, white actor are you gonna find that you can actually take seriously?

"If you don't believe me check Wikipedia." People who know their sh*t don't have to

6 years agoby @insertusernamehereFlag