Are 'Robocop 3-D' and 'Rocky 7' on the Horizon for MGM?

MGM's Mary Parent suggests a few films that may be coming in the future.
Indiewire is reporting that MGM's new chairperson Mary Parent announced at Cannes the possibility of a new Robocop going into production, which is old news. The interesting part of this story is that she claims the remake may be shot in 3-D.

Parent stated, "Robocop would be great in 3-D, as would something we're hoping to announce soon." She then announced that there may even be more Rocky Balboa sequels on the horizon. When she asked for a show of hands as to who was excited by that news, a number of individuals proved to be quite vocal, but the majority of the crowd kept quite.

While no formal announcements have been made, Parent seems quite enthusiastic about keeping these two franchises going well into the future.

Dont't forget to also check out: Robocop

Rocky Balboa was released December 20th, 2006 and stars Sylvester Stallone, Burt Young, Antonio Tarver, Geraldine Hughes, Milo Ventimiglia, Tony Burton, A.J. Benza, James Francis Kelly III. The film is directed by Sylvester Stallone.

Robocop was released January 1st, 1987 and stars Peter Weller, Nancy Allen, Dan O'Herlihy, Ronny Cox, Kurtwood Smith, Miguel Ferrer, Robert DoQui, Ray Wise. The film is directed by Paul Verhoeven.

Sources: Indiewire

1. Stallones #1 Fan

Okay, a movie is just an escape from reality, like a fantasy land you drift off to. You feel every motion, you think like that character, you even put your own feet in their shoes, and in someways you want to be that character. Obviously, Sylvester Stallone still got what it takes to go the distance. So, why not make another movie, blow everyones mind, and prove everyone wrong once again. This time with a knockout!!

5 years agoby @katielove702Flag

2. awhitey

I think robert, rocky's son should box and Rocky couldd be his manager/trainer. That could set up a great plot for Rocky 7

6 years agoby @awhiteyFlag

3. Vamp

No five was probably one of the best ones. I think the weak link of the series is probably the 3rd one, but I liked them all really, and with movie fans the Rocky movies are on the edge. Half of us like him, the other half doesn't.

6 years agoby @vampire2000Flag

4. Saquin Turok 'X'

However, you do have a point Vamp, Rocky as a trainer again. But better than 5, thought that was the weak link of the series.

6 years agoby @teesterxFlag

5. Saquin Turok 'X'

The Rocky series has been great, mostly, and Rocky Balboa was ok, but like I said, the nostalgia trip's over and done with. Any more would be getting a bit embarrassing, and wouldn't take the series forward. Play an old Rocky movie on you DVD player, and enjoy that instead.

6 years agoby @teesterxFlag

6. Vamp

I don't know Teester'X' I kind of want to see it. I love the Rocky movies, I mean it doesn't need to take the direction of being in the ring again, but it could go like Rocky V did you know?

6 years agoby @vampire2000Flag

7. Saquin Turok 'X'

Ok, Stallone looked amazing for a guy in his 60's for Rocky Balboa (even though it was with Pypebomb's favourite substance:- steroids). But a 7th? ffs! This would be ludicrous, a boxer in his 60's taking on more world champions? Stop it now. The 6th gave Rocky fans a nostalgia trip, leave it there.

6 years agoby @teesterxFlag

8. natedg184

i heard sylvesters doin another over the top....the guy jus never dies...tho rambo wasnt a bad movie...

6 years agoby @natedg184Flag

9. Vamp

Another Rocky? Wow Sylvester Stallone never tires does he?

6 years agoby @vampire2000Flag

10. Darko

The first Robocop rocked, then it was straight to video for the francise. I wouldn't mind seeing a fresh new look but not in 3-D. As for new Rocky, Rocky Balboa was a perfect way to end the series. Sly will never agree to another one. I think he's still focused on doing one more Rambo though.

6 years agoby @brokenweldFlag

11. They call me ITCHY BALLS

"When she asked for a show of hands as to who was excited by that news, a number of individuals proved to be quite vocal, but the majority of the crowd kept quite."

LMAO

6 years agoby @danbrchFlag

12. natedg184

yea robocop sucks....hes a gay version of IronMan

6 years agoby @natedg184Flag

13. Marcusx

i dont like robocop. always found him annoying. why is it that people are entertaied by the lamest ideas? nothing about a cop cyborg android thing interests me. not at all

6 years agoby @marcusxFlag

14. sirmetro

Balboa was the last I saw.I saw it out of pity and it turned out ok.But to go as far as a seventh version is pretty f*cked up if yu ask me. And i think Robocop might be good,but in 3D,come on suckers,this won't work.

6 years agoby @sirmetroFlag

15. 4weston7

a robocop 3-d film might be good but making more rocky films might be pushing it

6 years agoby @4weston7Flag

16. T.Clark

Why do filmmakers think it's a good idea for movies to be in 3D. I'd rather watch a movie the normal way instead of having to wear uncomfortable glasses

6 years agoby @insertusernamehereFlag

17. Space101

Ok...Can you be even more fuct up!?! And they think it's gonna work? There crazy! Robocop 3d? Common! More Rocky Balboa sequelS? That's it Hollywood...keep pushing it! That writer's strike made you guys coucou's!

6 years agoby @space101Flag

18. artkid04

a remake of Robocop would be cool marcusx, but more rocky films, come on, the only reason they are doing sequels and remakes though i guess is because there has been a decrease in people going to the movies, a friend told me this to why Hollywood is so desperate for ideas

6 years agoby @artkid04Flag

19. Marcusx

and robocop has always been gay. we dont need that sh*t either

6 years agoby @marcusxFlag

20. Marcusx

thats the understatement of the century phat. who gives a sh*t about rocky? the first one was good, but i must say that all the others went down hill. we didnt even need a 6th. now we mite get a 7th? and she said "sequels" which means at least more than one. therefor we are looking at an 8th rocky? WTF

6 years agoby @marcusxFlag

21. Phatlightning

seriously, the ratio of remakes to originals right now is ridiculous.

6 years agoby @sxers2k1Flag

22. The Kwisatz Haderach

Thats just nuts, people out there obviously are out of ideas and the consenses is rehash old sh*t and make more money. This is bullsh*t.

6 years agoby @the-kwisatz-haderachFlag

23. ed_wood

Rocky Balboa was a nice ending to the series, let it go. Robocop is a great movie, it doesn't need a remake, there's nothing wrong with it. Write something new and original!!

6 years agoby @ed-woodFlag

24. CelluloidDreams

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! "Robocop"...Re-Make in 3-D!?!?!? WHY!!! I wonder how Paul Verhoeven feels how about this!?!?! If I was him, I would get my lawyers out and see if I can stop this madness!!

"Robocop" dosen't need to be Re-Made! It still stands the test of time!! It already has spawned merchandise, two sequels, a television series and a comic book adaptation....how much more do we need!?!?!

"Robocop" was nominated for an Academy Award for Film Editing and an Academy Award for Sound. It won the Academy Award for Sound Effects Editing. In 2007, Entertainment Weekly named " Robocop" the #14 greatest action movie of all time.

TOP THAT!!!!

& Rocky Balboa....PLEASE....I never liked them...how much further can this go?? What Rocky 14!?! Stupid!!!

6 years agoby @2movieguysFlag

25. BIGMAN1220

ARE YOU KIDDING ME WITH ANOTHER ROCKY LOL. MY GOD WHOS HE FIGHTING NEXT PAULIE COME ON HE NEEDS TO GIVE IT A F*CKIN REST. AND I WOULD ACTUALLY LIKE TO SEE A REMAKE OF ROBO COP IT SHOULD BE GOOD WITH ALL THE TECHNOLOGY.

6 years agoby @bigman1220Flag

26. Phatlightning

well good for parent, unfortunately for her, my .45 disagrees. He will be holding counsel with her shortly.

6 years agoby @sxers2k1Flag

27. moviedirector88

No, No, No, No, Noooooooo!
    I really hope that the people in charge of al the different studios have started/start to read what people have answered about these kinds of Id&#232es on different movie sites!

Cause why the hell do they want to make another Rocky movie????!!
    The last one was a good ending on the entire Rocky series.
    PLEASE! PLEASE! dont f**k up this!
    And Robocop, maybe but then again why cant they just do something original??

What has happend to Hollywood lately?
    It seems like each time I go on one and another movie site and you read whats the latest news: Everything theses days are just remakes remakes.
    What the hell?!
    Where is the originality?????

6 years agoby @moviedirector88Flag

28. Stiles

Can someone please write and make something original?

The original Rocky & Robocop films (not the increasingly rubbish sequals) were both near perfect films.

Let's just leave it at that eh?!

If MGM want to pay me, I'll write them an original screenplay.

6 years agoby @stilesFlag

29. Yogi Pogi

Oh cmon! why they want to ruin the rocky legacy by stretching the series for few bucks. They did end it fairly well with the latest sequel. As for robocop, it would be great to see him back with new graphics and technology. But it would kinda feel repeated after watching iron-man.

6 years agoby @yogeeeFlag

30. They call me ITCHY BALLS

I want to see ROCKY VIII: PUNCH MY SAGGY BALL SACKS. Yeeeee Haahhhhh!!!

6 years agoby @danbrchFlag