Anne Hathaway Wants a 'Catwoman' Spin-off

'The Dark Knight Rises' star was recently interviewed and discussed the possibility of Selina Kyle going solo.
Anne Hathaway on board for Catwoman spinoff
Anne Hathaway on board for Catwoman spinoff
The Dark Knight Rises star Anne Hathaway has revealed that she is game for a possible Catwoman spinoff.

The actress had this to say about the potential return of Selina Kyle.

"No one's talked to me about it. I would love it. I actually, it's so embarrassing, I was at a press Q & A thing the other night for a screening of The Dark Knight, and the moderator asked me, 'So what was it like to say goodbye to the character?' And I burst into tears, because I miss her. It just makes me cry. I miss her. I love Selena so much and I love her presence in my life and getting to... I'm crying again. So assuming there was enough Kleenex in the world, I would love to do a spin-off."

Nothing has been confirmed, so stay tuned for details surrounding the possible Catwoman solo act.

Sources: Access Hollywood

1. Mka47

no thanks!

1 year agoby @mka47Flag

2. CoreyB

I dont know if i can take a spin-off..she was too sexy and i wont be able to stay in my seat! I'll attack the fregan screen! God when did Hathaway get so hott?

1 year agoby @CoreyBFlag

3. lance123

Cool I hope it happens

2 years agoby @lancelievenseFlag

4. Justhim_sir

They did a spin-off Catwoman with Hallie Berry, if they made that same mistake with you then they would be stupid. I rather see a batwoman movie, or hell how bout Knight Wing.

2 years agoby @justhim-sirFlag

5. Nicholaus XX

@bawnian-dexeus -- The latest post concerning Robin was what really got me. There's spoon feeding, and then there's that.

2 years agoby @XxNickTheFilmCriticXxFlag

6. lance123

Cool

2 years agoby @lancelievenseFlag

7. zeus

Not going happen Anne, forget it!!

2 years agoby @zeusFlag

8. Sean

@Roberto-Mata Oh, i see. Good point.

2 years agoby @themoviefanaticFlag

9. Roberto Mata

@themoviefanatic Robin becomes Batman in the Comics, we learn of John Blake's real name at the end of The Dark Knight Rises it is clear that he becomes Batman, Nolan made the finale for us to decide the faith of Blake in our own way, and I think he truly becomes Batman, it keeps the premise of the trilogy intact, and as Bruce Wayne said to Blake use a mask to protect the ones you love, if he uses Robin, he's birth name, it will definetly ruin the premise, for that not to happen, they need to go with Batman, continue the legend, if the fourth film really happens.

2 years agoby @Roberto-MataFlag

10. Sean

@Roberto-Mata Why would the name "Robin" ruin in the premise?

2 years agoby @themoviefanaticFlag

11. Roberto Mata

@themoviefanatic If it happens, he definetly will play either Batman or Nightwing, but Robin is highly unlikely, the premise of the Trilogy is that anyone could be Batman and if they make a fourth film with JGL as Robin, he's real name, they will ruin the premise, the least they could do is make him Nightwing, is the closest character to Batman. I honestly hope for the best, I Don't want to see this get ruined.

2 years agoby @Roberto-MataFlag

12. Sean

@Roberto-Mata I don't think JGL will play the role of Batman in a future batman movie. If anything, i think he'll play Robin, because of the fact that it is mentioned at the end of The Dark Knight Rises, that he's going to be Robin in the next Batman movie, and that is if there will be another Batman/Nolan movie.

2 years agoby @themoviefanaticFlag

13. ChiRep_1

Yeah yeah, let's all have a nice long discussion then realize it'll never happen. She was great in TDKR but the Nolanverse is over and done with, which includes JGL and the rumors that have been spreading

2 years agoby @ChiRep-1Flag

14. Josh

Why not? She was great as that character and Kyle in the comics has a rich and storied history that could make for a great spinoff film.

2 years agoby @shuabertFlag

15. Zak Lee Ferguson

Well she will not be getting it

2 years agoby @Zak-Lee-FergusonFlag

16. Lee Wise

I'm up for it, I would love to see her do a Catwoman movie in my opinion she is the best Catwoman to date and she is a great actress.

2 years agoby @Lee-WiseFlag

17. Roberto Mata

@themoviefanatic I started thinking about him as Batman in a fourth film, fighting an older Joker, with Chris Bale at his 50's, and Daniel Day Lewis playing Joker, see Gangs of New York, he looks like and older Joker, and the voice just sounds like Joker's older version but as @thedude1 said we could have a reboot, without origins, showing flashback scenes for Bruce past and just focusing on new villains a la Batman: Arkham Asylum or/ and Arkham City, and i could definetly see Leo Dicaprio or Johnny Depp playing The Riddler, (in either the reboot or new trilogy), it will be story driven with action, and we already have the serious, realistic, dark tone trilogy, honestly i want both, we could have reboot first a la Batman: Arkham Asylum/City and then in 10 years have JGL, Chris Bale and the entire cast and crew returning for a new trilogy, we will be on our 30's then, and the impact it will have on us, will be amazing, in my opinion.

2 years agoby @Roberto-MataFlag

18. CelluloidDreams

ROFl....we all saw what happened to Halle Berry after she pulled this crap!!

2 years agoby @2movieguysFlag

19. TheDude1

@Roberto-Mata You make valid points which I agree with. However I would much rather see Jonathan Nolan reboot the franchise. He doesn't have to give us another origins story like with Batman Begins much simply restart it at some other point in time. You wouldn't have to deal with Blake/Robin and Nolan can write great stories with the Riddler and Penguin which tons of people would love to see in a Nolan universe.

2 years agoby @thedude1Flag

20. Sean

@Roberto-Mata What did you think of that scene near the end of The Dark Knight Rises, where it is revealed that John Blake is going to be Robin in the next Batman/Nolan movie if there is a fourth Batman/Nolan movie?

2 years agoby @themoviefanaticFlag

21. Dumbumm

Geez, some woman cry about anything. A bit dramatic statement...

2 years agoby @DumbummFlag

22. Replicant

@greyhame27 loool! not in my house anyway...

I don't think this, or any other characters from the Nolan world will get a spin-off. Just reboot Batman, or any of the characters, but leave the Nolanverse alone.

2 years agoby @felipe-11Flag

23. Roberto Mata

@thedude1 Like Chris Nolan said his Batman story is completed, and honestly I will love to see another Batman movie in the Nolan-verse with Jonathan Nolan directing it or Christopher Nolan returning, but if they continue with John Blake as Batman, in a film two or three years from now, the trilogy won't be the same, they will ruin the realistic world they made, pushing John Blake to be Batman, and I know the premise of the trilogy is that anyone could be Batman, but I will love to see the fourth film set at least 10 years after The Dark Knight Rises, that way it will keep the realistic and dark tone, and maybe see Christian Bale returning as an older Bruce Wayne, and an old Joker returning as well, John Blake confronting the Joker, like the Joker said in The Dark Knight, "You and me are destined to this Forever", and honestly it would be a more interesting story, since it will continue with The Dark Knight legend, at the hands of John Blake, maybe we don't need 10 years, to see this coming, but at least needs a considerably time for the story to impact us like the original Trilogy did, i don't want another Avengers type of universe where they just make more movies for money, not story, let's just put our atention to Man of Steel, since it is clearly a story unfolding in a trilogy, and then we Batman returning, with John Bake.. @themoviefanatic

2 years agoby @Roberto-MataFlag

24. JonSpidey07

I'm not opposed to this, I feel like Anne should have her own story to tell and certainly make up for what failure Halle Berry made
    if they want to do a Venom movie then let's have a rebooted Catwoman

2 years agoby @jonspidey07Flag

25. TheDude1

@Roberto-Mata That would be stupid. Frankly it would be a much better idea to let Jonathan Nolan be the director of the next Batman movie.

2 years agoby @thedude1Flag

26. Sean

@Roberto-Mata Oh, yes that is true. Good point.

2 years agoby @themoviefanaticFlag