Anne Hathaway to Join 'Spider-Man 4'?

According to the rumor mill she has been approached by the film's producers.
Anne Hathaway to Join Spider-Man 4?
Anne Hathaway to Join Spider-Man 4?
Deadline Hollywood reports that Anne Hathaway might be entering the comic book realm with a turn in Spider-Man 4. Here is what they wrote:

Sony Pictures insists no decisions have been made, sources tell me that the producers have approached Anne Hathaway to star in the film.

Deadline Hollywood also wrote that:

All I know is that she's wanted for a starring role, and she won't replace Kirsten Dunst who's also cast in the Spidey fourquel.

Some other actresses who have been said to possibly be up for a role in this film are Julia Stiles and Rachel McAdams.

While nobody knows what role any of these possible actresses could be up for the one most talked about is that of The Black Cat.

Director Sam Raimi is slated to begin production on Spider-Man 4 in 2010, with the fourth Spidey installment tentatively scheduled to hit theaters in May 2011. The film will be released in IMAX.

Spider-man 4 is in development .

1. CBF

Holy hell she DOES NOT resemble a Felicia Hardy, I will be royally PISSED if she gets hired to play Felicia. Royally.

Of all names mentioned, McAdams was the best pick. But I definitely would not consider any actress who didn't resemble Ms. Hardy first, so those actresses would be out anyway. I thought Scarlett Johanssen and Elisha Cuthbert were good choices, but not Eliza Dushku. And Scarlett is now Black Widow from IM2 and Avengers, so my choice would be Cuthbert. But I'm just being biased. Show me a woman who resembles Felicia, I mean come on, have they even seen Cat in the books?

5 years agoby @comicbookfanFlag

2. Err

i'd like to play with her boobs.

5 years agoby @err2005Flag

3. Diaigma

I like Anne and all, but Rachel would make a better Black Cat.

5 years agoby @diaigmaFlag

4. 24

I wantty

5 years agoby @newkiller1234Flag

5. Chad Vital

what about Kristen Bell?

5 years agoby @chad-vitalFlag

6. joekerr2e

Okay, I thought about it a bit. She could pull off the whole emotionally desturbed side of Felicia, but she needs to put on some muscle.

5 years agoby @joekerr2eFlag

7. joekerr2e

Black Cat has an ego that goes with her skills... Hathaway is a great actress, but always comes of as akward and unfamiliar with herself in her roles... If you want that, you might as well get Kristen Stewart to satisfy the teen crowd and screw this whole movie. I just can't see her pulling it off. On the other hand, if she's in to replace Dunst, give her some red hari and I'm all for it.

5 years agoby @joekerr2eFlag

8. djfamily1972

Never thought of Mila Kunis, very interesting.

5 years agoby @djfamily1972Flag

9. Cripple

Interesting. I like Hathaway, but not for Black Cat. I would say Mila Kunis for Black Cat.

5 years agoby @crippleFlag

10. djfamily1972

Agreed, she could be really good with Cat character. We'll see what happens if all is true.

5 years agoby @djfamily1972Flag

11. T.Clark

She's a good actress. I could see her as Cat if that's the road they're going down.

5 years agoby @insertusernamehereFlag

12. IamBATMAN

i loved mcadams as black cat... i would love hathaway even more if that is the role she will be taking on

5 years agoby @iambatmanFlag

13. JonSpidey07

hmmm
    we alread know McAdams is out
    but who could Anne play IF she was going to be in the movie?

5 years agoby @jonspidey07Flag

14. knobie09

kirSten dunst. sorry.

5 years agoby @knobie09Flag

15. knobie09

a blond(kirten dunst)playing a redhead,a redhead(bryce dallas howard)playing a blond,and now(possibly)a brunette playing a snow white haired cat burglar? oooooh!!! that raimi!!!

5 years agoby @knobie09Flag

16. firstonetodieloses

Eh I could see her as Black Cat, especially since they're mixing elements of both spider-man and ultimate spider-man. This one better not disappoint thought or its for sure the end of the franchise, 3 was so hyped up and Venom aka Topher Grace sucked...well like someone mentioned before too much cheesyness overall. I get Raimi wants to give it a comic-book feel but he really pushed it.

5 years agoby @firstonetodielosesFlag

17. Rufio

i hope this rumor is true... i love anne hathaway! she's a fantastic and highly underrated actress!!! as good as she is, though - she can't save that franchise if they put out another crappy sequel like #3 was...

5 years agoby @rufioFlag

18. iatehisliver

and hopefully they come up with a better score than the 3rd the music was just horrible

5 years agoby @iatehisliverFlag

19. Batman Rules !!!

I rather have anne replace dunst. Dunst is a complete retard

5 years agoby @the-fallenFlag

20. Chad Vital

Yeah, having a girl hero/villian is only to sell sex. Which I think is bullsh*t. Even if it's a "family film" that's what she would be there for, eye candy. Waste of screen time really. We watch Spidey for Spidey and the villians, nothing else.

5 years agoby @chad-vitalFlag

21. thereisnoname

Don't even want to see black cat in the movie, and not with hathaway

5 years agoby @thereisnonameFlag

22. parkour24

Has anyone seen the site www.caperchronicles.com? It's really sweet. What do you think?

5 years agoby @parkour24Flag

23. Yahzee

Hold on a sec. Marvel really? Don't you mean Disney? They will screw it up and by the way, the first two movies from the franchises you just named are among the best comic book films made.
    And yeah, rumors everyday, I'd like that Movieweb makes a section specially for all this uncofirmed stuff, and leave real news on another section, that way we could know what is what

5 years agoby @yahzeeFlag

24. Bane5000

i cant wait for marvel to get the rights back to its characters, then we can forget bout sony and fox and see good movie versions of the spidey and the x-men universe

5 years agoby @bane5000Flag

25. T.Clark

It's like the TDK sequel. Can't believe much of anything anymore.

5 years agoby @insertusernamehereFlag

26. incmob

I DONT LIKE THIS ONE BIT :(

5 years agoby @incmobFlag

27. Illuminati

just like SPIDEY 3, seems that rami doesn't know what TONE to keep for this film too.

It will be all over the place; i'm expecting more musical dance numbers, song interludes, mixed storylines, underdeveloped characters and cheesy dialouge. Oh and of course peter crying like a little bitch, again!
    This series will be campy-kiddie-crap till the rights come back to marvel after the sony 5 picture deal is over! Till then i couldn't care 2 sh*ts about a spidey movie!

5 years agoby @illuminatiFlag

28. Bane5000

Last Son Of Krypton--speaking of topher grace as venom, i wonder how his audition went to the point that that raimi actually thought he did a good enough job to play venom,i mean how much more horrible did the competition do for of all people topher to get the role, just imagine it for a second... ... ... now cringe in disgust and yet laugh of how lame of an idea that was to begin with :]

5 years agoby @bane5000Flag

29. Last_Son_Of_Krypton

As long as Julia styles dosnt get the role I should be happy but Sam raimi did cast topher grace as Eddie Brock

5 years agoby @last-son-of-kryptonFlag