AMC Networks, which owns and operates AMC, IFC, Sundance Channel, WE tv and IFC Films, announces the launch of YEAH! YEAHTV.com, the first streaming movie service that is an entirely new way to watch movies online. Each YEAH! film is enhanced with interactive features including 400-500 individual pieces of original content curated from in-depth research. The new bonus content is displayed on-screen seamlessly without obscuring the movie, offering fans a choice of unique extras to engage with such as:
- Intimate, never-before-seen, exclusive interviews with filmmakers and stars - with just a click the movie pauses and the interview plays
- Little-known facts about characters and scenes minute-by-minute throughout each film
- Quizzes that test how well you really know your favorite movies
YEAH! launches today during the South by Southwest Conference and Festival with films immediately available for rent online at YEAHTV.com. A YEAH! iPad app will be introduced this summer.
YEAH! features iconic genre films -- including sci-fi, horror and action-adventure. By renting films on YEAH! you'll:
- Hear Richard Donner describe how Marlon Brando wanted his Superman character "Jor-El" to look like a bagel
- Watch Juliette Lewis and Tom Sizemore disagree on how his nose was broken while filming Natural Born Killers
- Learn from Michael Madsen how Quentin Tarantino and Lawrence Tierney nearly came to blows on the set of Reservoir Dogs
- Find out real-life events that inspired Wes Craven to create A Nightmare on Elm Street
- And discover so much more about the films you love to watch... and then watch again
Here's what Lisa Judson, General Manager of YEAH!, had to say about the new service.
"YEAH! is the ultimate movie viewing experience. The films on YEAH! are curated by a team of Emmy Award winning producers who are true movie fans. Two months of in-depth research goes into every film curation to create an entirely new way for fans to enjoy their favorite movies."
Films that will be available for rent on YEAHTV.com in the coming months include: Scream, Reservoir Dogs, 300, The Terminator, Clerks, A Nightmare on Elm Street, The Crow, The Exorcist: Director's Cut, Superman, The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2, Kill Bill Vol. 1 & Kill Bill Vol. 2, Child's Play, No Country for Old Men, Pulp Fiction, The Expendables, Blade Runner: The Final Cut, Mad Max Road Warrior, Dirty Dancing, The Shining, Watchmen, This is Spinal Tap, The Blair Witch Project, Jackie Brown, Pee-Wee's Big Adventure, Apocalypse Now Redux, From Dusk Till Dawn, Natural Born Killers, Hannibal
YEAH! films cost $4.99 at YEAHTV.com and are currently available for 48 hours.