Alice Eve Circling 'X-Men: First Class'' Emma Frost

The 'She's Out of My League' actress is in talks for the role.
Alice Eve in talks to play Emma Frost in X-Men: First Class
Alice Eve in talks to play Emma Frost in X-Men: First Class
We reported earlier this month that actress Rosamund Pike was in talks for an icy superhero role and now it seems another actress is in talks for the part. Deadline New York is reporting that She's Out of My League actress Alice Eve is in negotiations to portray Emma Frost in X-Men: First Class.

While it was originally speculated that Pike was in talks to portray Frost, it was revealed a week later that she was actually in talks to portray Moira McTaggert, the assistant to Professor X, who will be played by James McAvoy. If Eve signs on, she would join a cast that also includes Michael Fassbender as a young Magneto and Benjamin Walker as a young Henry McCoy, a.k.a. The Beast.

Matthew Vaughn will direct the film from a script by Zack Stentz and Jane Goldman. We'll be sure to keep you posted with any further updates on X-Men: First Class as soon as we have more information.

X-Men: First Class was released June 3rd, 2011 and stars James McAvoy, Laurence Belcher, Michael Fassbender, Bill Milner, Kevin Bacon, Rose Byrne, Jennifer Lawrence, Beth Goddard. The film is directed by Matthew Vaughn.

1. Diaigma

k then what?

4 years agoby @diaigmaFlag

2. Emmytt

k then

4 years agoby @emmyttFlag

I know that @IAMFRATSON,and I am hoping it is a reboot. The series really needs one.

@todd, Cyclops, Iceman, etc... their the core of the X-men. So why would you want a movie without the basic main characters. Just because they sucked in the last installment, or were changed severely, it doesn't mean the characters can't be interpreted properly.

4 years agoby @narratorFlag

4. Xenon

I knew about the rights but what I heard was a rumor and nothing more. I had my doubts about him directing it.

4 years agoby @xenon56Flag

5. Masta_Chiefed

@Todd89 Spielberg's studio bought the rights to Halo. Doesnt mean he is directing. Have you seen his upcoming projects on IMDB? My guess is he'll be some sort of producer.

As for this news. Im all aboard the Alice Eve express.

4 years agoby @masta-chiefedFlag

6. Dparks

Eh - if they're going to saturate the stinking market with Marvel this and Marvel that, why not?
    I've got $5 that says Stan Lee drops his "Uncanny Hairline" as a flower peddler in this one. Anyone else? Or maybe a disgruntled cab driver. Who's in?

4 years agoby @dparksFlag

7. Xenon

Stephen Spielberg is directing Halo, well that's what I heard.

As long this is an X-Men film and not an Ice-man, Cyclops or anything else kind of film then I'll still watch.

4 years agoby @xenon56Flag

8. Moovy

How about a story with Kevin MacTaggert and Joseph MactTaggert (minus Sean Cassidy)? Having Kevin possessing people (especially the people holding a grudge) and watching them decompose while doing his reality-altering thing is like Stephen King meets the X-Men, spooky stuff.

4 years agoby @moovyFlag

9. Monkeyiron

Yea they gonna make her a student......I mean she is too young to be Magneto's love interest,I think she will be Beast Love interest,seeing that they are both intelligent wouldn't you agree @Dedpool

4 years agoby @monkeyironFlag

10. Dedpool

MMMM Yummy! But on a serious note I'm curious as to how they'll handle her? Will she be a student? Will she be Magneto's love interest and Moira be Charles'? Will she be her own woman, running her own academy? I just hope she dresses in her somewhat revealing attire.

4 years agoby @dedpoolFlag

11. Bazinga21

Alice Eve kinda looks like Emma Frost. So she gets my vote for the role!

4 years agoby @katherine2007Flag

12. Monkeyiron

If u look very closely u can see Emma's clevage

4 years agoby @monkeyironFlag

13. I AM FRATSON

@frenzy - right there with ya with the halo comment!!

4 years agoby @iamfratsonFlag

14. Frenzy2001

Another thing to keep in mind, is the fact that the movies area a new take on the comic books everyone loves. The X-Men movies by no means follow any paticular series of the various incarnations of the comics. So by no means does the Hellfire Club have to lead to the Phoenix Force. It may piss off the diehards, but I don't care what they do, so long as the movies are good and entertaining. (I'll probably eat those words if they ever make the Halo movie, than I'll be the diehard bitching.)

4 years agoby @frenzy2001Flag

@Frenzy2001, the main reason to bring in the Hellfire Club is the Phoenix Force. If they start with this type of story, it could prove to be detrimental. The Phoenix was a big subject of X-3, and using it in this movie could feel redundant. Again, I want to see Emma Frost, but I want this to be the start of a new series as well. In my opinion, saving the Hellfire Club for the second film would be better, as it would allow for Magneto and Xavier to take center stage, showing their relationship and how it fractured.

4 years agoby @ejk1Flag

16. Frenzy2001

I noticed some people saying she shouldn't be in this movie, that she isn't an original X-man, or that she should be introduced later as a member of the Hellfire Club. I havn't seen anywhere in the stories about casting Emma Frost, that she is going to be an X-man. For all we know putting her in the Hellfire Club, or making her a villian, is exactly what they are going to do.

4 years agoby @frenzy2001Flag

17. Monkeyiron

Your welcome

4 years agoby @monkeyironFlag

Thanks for pointing that out Monkeyiron.

4 years agoby @ejk1Flag

19. Monkeyiron

Hey in that picture of Emma Frost.She has some BIG BOOBS

4 years agoby @monkeyironFlag

20. Monkeyiron

Ok she would be very good Emma Frost.I'm not saying that because She's hot and all comic books Emma is totally hot or anything bout that

4 years agoby @monkeyironFlag

21. I AM FRATSON

unless this is a complete reboot i dont see how they can have iceman as a main character. he was basically a child in the first 3 xmen, a student still. i always felt the same when it came to angel also since he wasnt seen until the third.

4 years agoby @iamfratsonFlag

I'm with @ejk. Emma shouldn't be in this flick. I say stick to the premise of how Mags and Professor got where they are, and the introduction to the actual first class of X-Men (Iceman, Beast, angel, Cyclops, Marvel Girl). Thats my two cents.

4 years agoby @narratorFlag

23. Mmm_mmm

bbbbbbBBBBBBBRREEEEEEEAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSTTTTTTTTS

boobs.

4 years agoby @mmm-mmmFlag

I think she is a great choice for Emma Frost, but I don't think Emma should be in this film. She wasn't an original X-Men member, and she has never been associated with Magneto. Emma should be introduced in the sequel, assuming there will be one, as a member of the Hellfire Club. They could be the main villains of the second movie, in the process utilizing characters and stories the previous trilogy completely ignored.

4 years agoby @ejk1Flag

25. JonSpidey07

she'd be a great choice
    perfect sex appeal

4 years agoby @jonspidey07Flag

26. I AM FRATSON

im all in for her playing frost. they needed a sexy blonde. HELL YA PLEASE BE TRUE!!!

4 years agoby @iamfratsonFlag

27. Moovy

Eve? No. Pike, either role. Emma Frost has a sophisticated brain and looks to match.

4 years agoby @moovyFlag

28. T.Clark

I'm interested in hearing what exactly the story for this movie is.

4 years agoby @insertusernamehereFlag

Those boobs are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to big, not that I'm complaining

30. IamBATMAN

i liked rosamund pike for this role... i LOVE Alive Eve for it.... PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!

4 years agoby @iambatmanFlag