'After Earth' Trailer Starring Will Smith and Jaden Smith

We also have the international trailer for this sci-fi epic from director M. Night Shyamalan.
Sony Pictures answer to Universal Pictures' upcoming Oblivion, starring Tom Cruise as the last man on earth, is director M. Night Shyamalan's After Earth, starring Will Smith and his son Jaden Smith as two space pilots exploring an inhabitable planet after the decimation of our own world. Since Universal launched their Oblivion trailer this weekend, it only makes since that Sony would rush to get their trailer seen as well. Watch as father and son go searching for the answers to the universe in this sci-fi epic.

After Earth was released May 31st, 2013 and stars Jaden Smith, Will Smith, Sophie Okonedo, Zoë Kravitz, Glenn Morshower, Kristofer Hivju, Sacha Dhawan, Chris Geere. The film is directed by M. Night Shyamalan.

1. Ali Hassan Xr

so special

1 year agoby @Ali-Hassan-XrFlag

2. Xenon

If this fails, then all parties may have ruined their careers.

1 year agoby @xenon56Flag

3. Xenon

I think that M.Night should be an actor for now on, unless he's terrible at that too. Though I'll watch this to see what it's like.

1 year agoby @xenon56Flag

4. Space101

Directed by M. Night Shyamalan? Hmmm pass!

1 year agoby @space101Flag

5. justinishulk

ok... nothing special

1 year agoby @justinishulkFlag

6. thedude-abides

@diaigma Haha. More than fair, I'd say.

1 year agoby @thedude-abidesFlag

7. Diaigma

@bawnian-dexeus - math never was my strong suit :P

1 year agoby @diaigmaFlag

@diaigma I love your math XD

1 year agoby @bawnian-dexeusFlag

9. Diaigma

@thedude-abides - the fact that they went out of their way and didn't post the production peeps (like, who wrote and directed it) is telling you something. I'll gladly pass unless this is a 95% or better. Since I saw Airbender when it was 5%, I think that's fair :P

1 year agoby @diaigmaFlag

10. thedude-abides

@bawnian-dexeus No doubt. A lot of people don't like it, or group it in with Lady in the Water, The Happening, and Airbender, which is a huge oversight, in my opinion.

1 year agoby @thedude-abidesFlag

@thedude-abides Agreed. The Village was his last great story. Biggest WTF at the time.

1 year agoby @bawnian-dexeusFlag

12. thedude-abides

@dan1 It's a love/hate thing with me. It's hard for me to totally dismiss him as a director given the amazing films he put out early on in his career. But, there again, it's hard for me to look past the fact that his career over the past six years or so has been a complete and total abomination. I'm like you; he's going to have to prove me wrong before I change my mind (assuming that ever happens), and even then I'm going to take some winning over.

1 year agoby @thedude-abidesFlag

13. thedude-abides

@moviegeek Lol. I thought the same thing.

1 year agoby @thedude-abidesFlag

14. moviegeek

I love how they leave out Shymalayan's name... they know..

1 year agoby @moviegeekFlag

15. Ali Hassan Xr

damn smith u r amizng am very whiting the amizng movi

1 year agoby @Ali-Hassan-XrFlag

I haven't forgotten or forgiven for Airbender. And I never will.

1 year agoby @dan1Flag

17. kingbrady

you guys can yap all you want, only reason why this might hit over $100 million in the US is because of Will Smith....Shymalan struggled so damn much and these futuristic movies, he trying to make it look as great as Avatar

1 year agoby @kingbradyFlag

18. Sean

Not interested. Pass.

1 year agoby @themoviefanaticFlag

19. ChiRep_1

Nice try, Shyamalan.

1 year agoby @ChiRep-1Flag

20. fanboy

looks like 10,000 AD to me. I mean wheres all the land marks of man kind, building, roads, etc? And if they arent human then what are they? Another different human race? But Oblivion looks so much better, and it has all my attention. But this does look interesting

1 year agoby @fanboyFlag

21. Christopher Lino

From the looks of the Trailer it literally looks like Jaden Smith does all the Action stuff, while Will chills out.

And at the end of the trailer Will says, "This is Earth."

First thing that came to my mind was, "Well...There went the twist."

1 year agoby @christopher-linoFlag

22. Replicant

Sorry, but I've given up on Shyamalan. This looks cheesy as hell, the poor mans Avatar-esque planet @narrator I agree, the cinematography completely gives away how cheap this actually is.

1 year agoby @felipe-11Flag

23. Roberto Mata

Looks Good, but i will not get to excited for this since Shyamalan is directing, he has done not bad filming but terrible, if he fails with this, it will cost his career.

1 year agoby @Roberto-MataFlag

24. the MovieGhost

I haven't had much exposure to M. Night @narrator, but I certainly agree with the cinematography bit. As cool as some scenes were, they, and Smith's somewhat stilted narration, were just unbelievable.

Although, I did have an interesting idea in regards to the younger Smith; what if somehow during the crash he became mute and went through the rest of this movie without saying a word?

1 year agoby @the-movieghostFlag

25. SpideR-OnE

looks interesting

1 year agoby @spider-oneFlag

26. John2347

M. Night hasn't made a good movie in over a decade. Pass

1 year agoby @john2347Flag

27. thedude-abides

@narrator Couldn't have said it better myself, although I did like the voice, lol. One can't knock Smith in trying to help his childrens' respective careers along; where I take exception is with the fact that he seems to be putting his own career aside in order to do so. Turning down Django is a prime example.

Had this come from any other director, I might have been somewhat excited after watching this. However, as you so perfectly elocuted, given M. Night's recent track record, and by that I mean everything he's directed since The Village, which I loved by the way, I'll remain skeptical until I'm proven otherwise, and with good reason.

1 year agoby @thedude-abidesFlag

28. CelluloidDreams

directed by M. Night Shyamalan. .......pass!

1 year agoby @2movieguysFlag

I'm not liking two things here: Shyamalan and the cinematography. The former has a long ways to go to get me back in his corner, and the latter is clearly digital and makes the film look ridiculously cheap. And Will Smith's new voice might be a complaint of mine as well.

That aside, I actually liked this trailer. Simple, teasing, and the music kicked ass. Even Jaden looked pretty believable, though I notice he didn't really talk the entire trailer. If this were done by some other director and had better cinematography, I know that I'd be pretty damn excited for this film with this cast. As it is, I'm merely unsure and reluctant.

1 year agoby @narratorFlag