Adam West to Cameo in 'The Dark Knight Rises'?

The star of the campy 60s 'Batman' TV series has been spotted on the Nottingham set of Christopher Nolan's last Bat-sequel.
Adam West may make a cameo in The Dark Knight Rises
Adam West may make a cameo in The Dark Knight Rises
Amidst a flurry of rumors that original Batman TV series star Adam West was recently seen on the Nottingham, England set of director Christopher Nolan's The Dark Knight Rises comes the news that the actor is actually appearing in the film.

This cameo rumor comes from Floss Magazine's Twitter feed, but it has neither been confirmed or denied by Christopher Nolan's camp or anyone at Warner Bros.

Here is the news:

"Hollywood big wigs confirmed actor Adam West (Batman on the TV series) will make a cameo on "The Dark Knight Rises " set to open July 20, 2012."

Surely some will welcome this idea if it is true, and others will balk as Adam West offered one of the campiest renditions of the Bruce Wayne character ever committed to film. There is no mention as to what character the actor will be playing. Anyone who has seen Baadasssss! knows that Adam West is capable of giving the weighted dramatic realism that Christopher Nolan demands in his Batman movies, so this might be fun.

The Dark Knight Rises was released July 20th, 2012 and stars Tom Hardy, Christian Bale, Anne Hathaway, Liam Neeson, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Gary Oldman, Marion Cotillard, Morgan Freeman. The film is directed by Christopher Nolan.

Sources: Floss Magazine

1. Xenon

I wish that the next film stays within this reality but slightly change it to suite the DC universe for future films. As of this news/rumor I wouldn't object to past actors returning as long their either villains, cops and what not.

The only thing I hate the most is when the industry kills off the villains, their like supporting characters that are meant to further Batman's torment and his need to avenge them at all costs. That's one of the reasons why I liked it when Joker wasn't killed.

3 years agoby @xenon56Flag

2. RojoDiablo

Bane 5000 I couldn't agree more, Keaton would make a perfect older Batman, if Miller ever makes a Dark Knight Returns!

3 years agoby @rojodiabloFlag

3. Nicholaus XX

This would make an awesome cameo if it happens.

3 years agoby @XxNickTheFilmCriticXxFlag

4. Replicant

@mka47 Thank you.

I doubt he'll be in the film anyway, he's probably just visiting the set, as many actors do.

3 years agoby @felipe-11Flag

5. JasonKat

ok so keaton will never b in any of these batman films, not even reboots, but wat about "batman & beyond" or 1 of those singled movies that has nothing to do w norlan's And it b great too if keaton (batman) used the same batmobile used in batman-batman returns!

3 years agoby @jasonkatFlag

6. Andrew Thompson

man wonder how it would've turned out wih keaton directed by nolan ? jack nicolson i think would be a cool older decrepid joker years later or a dream scene man that would be cool! what you guys think ?

3 years agoby @andrew-thompsonFlag

7. The Dark Knight

why not Cameo Val Kilmer....ahhh nevermind

3 years agoby @thedarkknight23Flag

8. The Dark Knight

Nice he will be great

3 years agoby @thedarkknight23Flag

9. ChiRep_1

Doesn't seem like a Nolan thing to do, can't see a way you can include him in a scene without taking the audience out of the story or interrupting the pacing. But who knows.

3 years agoby @ChiRep-1Flag

10. Mka47

one past batman character is quite enough. no need to turn this into a circus

3 years agoby @mka47Flag

11. JasonKat

Yea thats what im trying to get to. having familiar faces from past batman films, Would b great And u know wat would b funny as hell. if 1 of those batman actors, was a bad guy. lol like kilmer, or cloney as a villain, lol but not keaton, i wanna c him as a good guy, maybe he can be sumbody who built the new wayne manor or sum thing. i dunno.
    Imagin having the villains making cameos too? omg i would love it!, like jack nicloson, danny devito, Michelle Pfeiffer, tommy lee jones, jim carry, Uma Thurman (even tho i hate her) lol but my point is, having faces like these not reprising their roles but rather just making cameos, kinda like Arnold Schwarzenegger did with the expanables,

3 years agoby @jasonkatFlag

12. Bane5000

@jasonkat...I think anybody from the previous Batman films, as well as anyone who has played Batman already that would be accepted back by fans without a doubt would be Michael Keaton, other then Bale, Keaton played the best Batman ever, seeing him putting the Bat-suit back on would be iconic....Kilmer did ok in my book, as for Clooney...nuff said.

I would like to see Jack Nicholson return as well, but not as The Joker, Heath's stamp is already on this franchise. Maybe he could come back as a mobster like Rupert Thorne. Imagine if Jack had been Maroni or another mob figure in TDK an had scenes with Ledger's Joker, another thing that wouldve been iconic. Have them dealing with eachother for a bit like Joker did with the Chechen when he burned the money and getting face to face, having a stare down, with Jack calling him " A Freak " :D

3 years agoby @bane5000Flag

13. bipolarmassive

I hear he's going to play Great-Uncle Batman!

3 years agoby @addictionnonfatelFlag

14. TheDude1

A Michael Keaton cameo would also be epic especially since the movie is being filmed in his hometown of Pittsburgh, PA.

3 years agoby @thedude1Flag

15. Ghostman

@movie-nut, yeah ur rite, George Clooney never existed in the Batman universe..my bad.
    @jasonkat It would be great to have all those cameos, it'll be the Batman film that celebrated everything that is Batman! But I know it might not happen :(

3 years agoby @ghostmanFlag

16. Bane5000

@movie-nut@brady1138...True about Clooney, he was never Batman, just...well..Clooney, he didnt even change his pace when he was in and out of the suit, he just played himself through the whole film

3 years agoby @bane5000Flag

17. Rich Ebersole

a bit wried!

3 years agoby @Rich-EbersoleFlag

18. LuxoIII

That would be cool! I think a Micheal Keaton cameo would be cool too, but NOT a George Clooney.

3 years agoby @brady1138Flag

19. JasonKat

@ghostman lol i mentioned this months ago and just today, again, a few rows down. YEA having all batman actors in this film doing lil cameos would b kool. but it would never happen i like to think having kim come back as vicki vale, would b awesome as hell. or even Robert Wuhl as knox again, even tho nobody would care about him, but having faces seen in older past films like 1989 (batman) would really b sweet if added to future batman films, who knows maybe even jack nicleson who played joker, could do alil cameo him self, not as joker tho but as sumbody else,

3 years agoby @jasonkatFlag

20. Major Tom

@ghostman I like that idea! except, can we trade Clooney for Kilmer? I like to think Clooney was never Batman.

3 years agoby @movie-nutFlag

21. Chris

they should have Micheal Keaton and Adam Weston in this movie now that'll be great.

3 years agoby @unknown21Flag

22. Ghostman

Imagine if they had Adam West, Michael Keaton, George Clooney, and other famous Batman stars from previous media/movies cameo in this film! that'd would be so cool.

3 years agoby @ghostmanFlag

23. JasonKat

nORMALLY I HATE REPLACEABLE ACTORS, BUT i would not bitch if keaton ever returned as batman. hes sumbody who i could care less if he came and went because to me he will always be my 1st batman, but even if he never were to suit up again, as my dark kight, i would still love to c him in any batman film placing sumbody else, even if its sumbody cheap like a homeless, man, window cleaner or moping floors, lol i just know his name would bring in ratings,

3 years agoby @jasonkatFlag

Nolan didn't say anything, so I have no opinion yet.

3 years agoby @ejk1Flag

25. ROFLitschristian

Perfect. I see Batman looking for someone at a Costume party on Halloween and Adam West dressed as him, blackout drunk. XD

3 years agoby @ROFLitschristianFlag

26. Bane5000

cameo as a politcian, a judge or the new mayor maybe...just throwing some thoughts out there

@jasonkat@newtron@rojodiablo...I always thought if they did make a Frank Miller Dark Knight Returns or Batman Beyond film, Keaton would be perfect to come back as the older, bad attitude having Bruce Wayne :]

3 years agoby @bane5000Flag

27. Pjwolsker

ha thats awesome!!!

3 years agoby @pjwolskerFlag

28. RojoDiablo

I'd also rather see Keaton over West but I trust Nolan completely so I'm sure it will work out in the end.

3 years agoby @rojodiabloFlag

29. Newtron

@jasonkat: I agree completely. I would prefer that there be no cameos whatsoever. But if they had to do a cameo of some sort, let it be Michael Keaton. I think throwing Adam West in there as a cameo references the campiness that the old series was known for, and such camp will never fly in Chris Nolan's Bat universe.

3 years agoby @newtronFlag

I'd be all for it. It's fun spotting cameos like that.

3 years agoby @dan1Flag