A Young Bruce Wayne Will Be Featured on 'Batman' TV Series 'Gotham'

Fox is currently casting for this 10-year-old role. The series is set in the early days of James Gordon's tenure.
Gotham is casting for a 10-year-old Bruce Wayne
Gotham is casting for a 10-year-old Bruce Wayne
Set in the early days of James Gordon's police tenure, when he meets a young boy named Bruce Wayne, Gotham and Fox TV have issued a casting announcement for a ten-year-old boy to play the future Batman in this DC Comics-based drama series.

TV Show Auditions broke the news this morning, as the weekly crime series set within the Batman universe begins searching for its primary cast members.

The basis of the show will revolve around Commissioner Gordon having to chase down and capture the villains that have made Gotham City famous over the years. The crime drama was given a direct-to-series order by Fox, who won an intense bidding war for the Warner Bros. Television rights.

The pilot episode is set to begin shooting this March, and will center on Gordon as a rookie homicide detective investigating the double murder of Thomas and Martha Wayne. Future episodes will build and strengthen the relationship between James and the boy the two parents have left behind.

Bruno Heller, who has previously worked on Rome and The Mentalist, will serve as the executive producer, head writer, and showrunner. He will base the show on the works of Bill Finger and Bob Kane, though reimagining the history between Bruce and James, as the two characters didn't meet in the comic books until after Wayne had assumed the role of the vigilante 'The Batman'.

Gotham is being set up as one of Fox's big fall 2014 debuts, mostly likely premiering in October of next year. To find out how you can audition, or be hired as one of the many extras on the upcoming series: Click Here!

We'll be sure to let you know as soon as the next 'Batman' is cast (any ideas on who the ten-year-old equivalent of Ben Affleck is?)

1. Mieko_Siede

@gumperman You're welcome as always. I figure you'd like those given we share similar tastes in television and film.

7 months agoby @mieko-siedeFlag

2. gumperman

@mieko-siede Oh true, because it just started not to long ago huh?! Yeah, I may check them out for sure, thanks for the recommendations.

7 months agoby @gumpermanFlag

3. Mieko_Siede

@gumperman Almost Human being the shortest on the list of course.

8 months agoby @mieko-siedeFlag

4. Mieko_Siede

@gumperman Well I assure you, those are some good shows. If you ever get an opportunity check them out.

8 months agoby @mieko-siedeFlag

5. gumperman

@mieko-siede I haven't seen Black List, Sleepy Hollow, Almost Human or The Americans. I am a fan of Once Upon A Time, but got behind last season.

8 months agoby @gumpermanFlag

6. Mieko_Siede

@gumperman And not to mention, Almost Human and The Americans are pretty strong too.

8 months agoby @mieko-siedeFlag

7. Mieko_Siede

@gumperman I feel quite the same about, The Following. It did start off strong and as you said carried a movie-like tone throughout it but somewhere along the way just lost steam. I'm interested to see what the second season is going to do. Bates Motel I thought was pretty interesting. But Hannibal didn't quite grab me. The Black List though, that to me was pretty gripping. I can't wait for its return to see where it all goes.

Another show that's interesting but loses its footing from time to time is Once Upon a Time. Another that has got me tuning in is Sleepy Hallow. It drew me in most unexpectedly. I for some reason thought it would be campy but it's actually a deep storyline and plot.

8 months agoby @mieko-siedeFlag

8. gumperman

@mieko-siede Oh yeah, I like Grimm too. I got behind somewhere last season and haven't caught up yet, but I've liked what I've seen. Dracula looks interesting, but I haven't seen it. Have you seen Hannibal, Bates Motel or The Following? I like all three but only watched like the first 3 or 4 episodes of Hannibal & Bates Motel, with intention to watch what I missed when I get a chance. The Following I thought was really good when it first started, very movie quality esqe, but then kind of lost steam I felt as it went on. I will probably watch the 2nd season to see where that goes, but I'm not as excited about it as I was when it first started.

8 months agoby @gumpermanFlag

9. gumperman

@writer220 Oh sweet, I will have to check that out. Thank you!

8 months agoby @gumpermanFlag

10. Mieko_Siede

@gumperman Another show that I love when thinking of familiar networks is Grimm. I've even been drawn into Dracula. Those also came to mind when I think of quality.

8 months agoby @mieko-siedeFlag

11. Writer220

@gumperman you don't have to buy it to watch it, it's on TVweb and a few others. What I have is a site that lets it's users to watch for free, my older sister told me about the sites so I can watch both films and TV series that I missed over the years.

8 months agoby @writer220Flag

12. gumperman

@writer220 I own the movie, I think it's great! I even saw that one in the theater. Yeah, it's weird because when the show started, I didn't understand why they would make a tv show based on the movie, and then when I saw the advertisements for it, I wasn't interested in it I guess because it was so different in tone than the movie. It was years later after the show became popular that I realized that Whedon intended Buffy to be what the show was and not the movie. So I missed out on all of that and just never latched on. Since they started releasing tv shows on dvd, it has always been a show on my radar to watch one day, but I still have never got around to it. One day it will be happen. :)

8 months agoby @gumpermanFlag

13. gumperman

@mieko-siede I love American Horror Story & The Walking Dead! Great shows! So yeah, it sounds like you expected or at least hoped as I that they would actually make it a quality show like so many on tv as the shows you mentioned but it didn't seem like they put any effort into like they could have. It seems to have an audience though, so maybe they were never going for that. Oh well, I'll just keep watching the movies instead.

8 months agoby @gumpermanFlag

14. Writer220

@gumperman Buffy is excellent you'll enjoy it.
    When Dollhouse came, I tried it since Eliza was in it but after four episodes I realized it was bad TV.
    On the front of Buffy, if you haven't seen the failed film which by the way ruined Joss Whedon for a number of years. It's worth the see, when he wrote it, it was not to be a comedy.
    Though he turned it around and Buffy became the best thing on TV.
    The 90's had quite a number of female leads two I know of: Buffy and Xena.

8 months agoby @writer220Flag

15. Mieko_Siede

@gumperman It was exactly the reason I wanted to watch the show, to see if they could capture the cinematic film, not just as an extension to The Avengers but other dynamic shows on television like American Horror Story, The Walking Dead, or even Sons of Anarchy where you have the feeling you've stepped into a theater every time you watch it. Not comparing them by theme, just quality. Television has come a long way and with a powerhouse in Marvel Studios I saw no reason for them to fall short of that same quality.

8 months agoby @mieko-siedeFlag

16. gumperman

@mieko-siede Oh okay, thanks for your imput on the show. I was hoping it would have more of a Avengers feel, but it just seemed like a cheap tv show. I know it is a tv show, and looked like what it was from the advertisements, but I was willing to give it the benefit of the doubt since Whedon made Avengers look great and was hoping for that cinematic feel that a lot of shows are vibing off these days. Sadly, they didn't make Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. that way.

@writer220 Thank you too! I liked Firefly a lot, didn't watch Buffy (I hope to watch it one day, just have never started it.) & lost interest in Dollhouse after the first two episodes.

8 months agoby @gumpermanFlag

17. undeadslayer4

@writer220 ull get the hang of it

8 months agoby @undeadslayer4Flag

18. undeadslayer4

@writer220 they did that with dark knight returns

8 months agoby @undeadslayer4Flag

19. Writer220

I would like to have this series as a spin off of Arrow with an Older Bruce. The first episode needs to be set years earlier, a ten year old Bruce making a connection with Jim. Second episode should have an older version of Bruce, but this time, he has the fighting abilities.

8 months agoby @writer220Flag

20. Writer220

@undeadslayer4 the brother and sister I can't stand let alone the female that they recruited in the first episode. It might take me a while longer to actually like it.

8 months agoby @writer220Flag

21. undeadslayer4

@writer220 i dont get how its bad acting but the stories are interesting

8 months agoby @undeadslayer4Flag

Personally, I don't expect Bruce to be present that much. The reason why he forms a partnership with him while being Batman is because of a young Gordon being there for him when his world ended. They can toy around with a teen to a college aged Bruce Wayne to strengthen their bond as well and have him leave and come back at the finale when Batman is born. I can see characters like Penguin, Black Mask, the Red Hood gang, The Falcone Family, The Maroni Family, Tony Zucco, Hugo Strange and the Arkham Facility/Black Gate Prison, Zsasz, Deadshot and an endless pool of villains that are powered by wealth and control of Gotham.

I see endless possibilities and potential for this show.

8 months agoby @bawnian-dexeusFlag

23. Writer220

@undeadslayer4 I get the reason why Clark is there and the lady from ER but the rest of the gang seem like second rake actors who have no idea of how to act. I wish they would pull the plug on it.

Now as of this, I'm not hyped about it. I think I've passed the point of not caring what happens.

8 months agoby @writer220Flag

24. undeadslayer4

@writer220 its actually really good

8 months agoby @undeadslayer4Flag

25. undeadslayer4

@mieko-siede it wont be that bad like aos its great they are midrashing the early days before batman

8 months agoby @undeadslayer4Flag

26. Mieko_Siede

@gumperman I personally don't care for it. There are so many limitations with the Disney/Marvel mess right now that a lot of subject matter, things we know they are eluding to like Mutants without being called mutants or trying to reference to some of the big screen events by name, it's kind of cheap. The budding story lines don't seem to gel. I really don't think it was meant for television adaptation. It feels like a cheaper interpretation of certain things we've already seen on television only with the Marvel stamp. I agree with your assessment, it isn't impressive at all although it has it's moments where it can be interesting. It just falls short.

8 months agoby @mieko-siedeFlag

27. Zak Lee Ferguson

Some things just cannot be left well alone when it comes to TV!

8 months agoby @Zak-Lee-FergusonFlag

28. Writer220

@gumperman It gets better however I'm not a big fan of it yet, it needs a companion TV series to help guild it.
    It reeks of Buffy, Firefly and Dollhouse.
    A companion series needs to be lead by Nolan or Martin Scorsese. Though it might need to be the head runner of 24, that's coming back by the way. I submitted to it

8 months agoby @writer220Flag

29. gumperman

@mieko-siede Agreed. By the way, is Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. any good? I only watched the first episode and wasn't that impressed.

8 months agoby @gumpermanFlag