To launch Harold and Kumar's own version of the twelve days of Christmas, students in twelve cities will select their college/university via Twitter (using specific hashtags for their schools - details can be found at www.twitter.com/wbpicturs and Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/HaroldandKumarMovie starting Wednesday, October 12th. The campus with the most votes/highest volume of activity in each participating market will earn a visit from the Munchies Truck.
The Munchies truck will feature a special A Very Harold & Kumar 3D Christmas menu and/or signature item. Students will enjoy free munchies and have the chance to get fun prizes, including advance-screening passes (while supplies last). Cities and schools participating in the twelve-day tour include:
- Sat., 10/22 - Los Angeles: UCLA vs. USC
- Mon, 10/24 - San Francisco San Francisco State University vs. San Jose State University
- Tues., 10/25 - Phoenix: Arizona St. University (Main) vs. Arizona St. University (Downtown)
- Weds., 10/26 - Denver: University of Colorado Boulder vs. Colorado State University
- Thurs., 10/27 - Austin: Texas A&M vs. University of Texas
- Fri., 10/28 - Miami: University of Miami vs. Florida International University
- Sat., 10/29 - Atlanta: Georgia Tech vs. Georgia State University
- Mon., 10/31 - Columbus: Ohio State University vs. Columbus State
- Tues., 11/1 - Philadelphia: University of Philadelphia vs. Drexel University
- Weds., 11/2 - Baltimore: John Hopkins University vs. Towson University
- Thurs., 11/3 - Boston: Emerson College vs. Boston University
- Fri., 11/4 - New York City: Hofstra University vs. Columbia University
John Cho and Kal Pennreprise their title roles in A Very Harold & Kumar 3D Christmas, which picks up six years following their last adventure.
After years of growing apart, Harold Lee (John Cho) and Kumar Patel (Kal Penn) have replaced each other with new friends and are preparing for their respective Yuletide celebrations. But when a mysterious package mistakenly arrives at Kumar's door on Christmas Eve, his attempt to redirect it to Harold's house ends with the "high grade" contents-and Harold's father-in-law's prize Christmas tree- going up in smoke. With his in-laws out of the house for the day, Harold decides to cover his tracks, rather than come clean. Reluctantly embarking on another ill-advised journey with Kumar through New York City, their search for the perfect replacement tree takes them through party heaven-and almost blows Christmas Eve sky high.
The third installment is the first to highlight the guys' hilarious mishaps in 3D. The 2004 cult hit Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle launched the franchise, followed by Harold and Kumar Escape From Guantanamo.
It would not be a Harold and Kumar film without Neil Patrick Harris, who returns along with Paula Garcés, Danneel Harris, Eddie Kaye Thomas, David Krumholtz and Bobby Lee. Joining the ensemble are Thomas Lennon, Danny Trejo, and Patton Oswalt.
A Very Harold & Kumar 3D Christmas was released November 4th, 2011 and stars Patton Oswalt, Isabella Gielniak, Kal Penn, Austin Bickel, Inga R. Wilson, John Cho, Bobby Lee, Thomas Lennon. The film is directed by Todd Strauss-Schulson.