A New Spider-Man Suit May Appear in 'The Amazing Spider-Man 2'

The superhero's suit will reportedly be more faithful to the Marvel comic book costume in director Marc Webb's sequel.
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 will feature a new Spider-Man suit
The Amazing Spider-Man 2 will feature a new Spider-Man suit
It seems Andrew Garfield's Spider-Man will be sporting a different look in the upcoming sequel The Amazing Spider-Man 2. A new report reveals that the Spider-Man suit will be more faithful to the costume featured in the Marvel comic books.

We have no specific details about what the suit will look like, but hardcore fans will likely be pleased with this new superhero costume. It isn't known if they will still use the web shooters featured in The Amazing Spider-Man, which was just released on Blu-ray 3D, Blu-ray, and DVD this weekend.

Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone will return as Peter Parker and Gwen Stacy in this highly-anticipated sequel. Shailene Woodley and Jamie Foxx are in talks to play Mary Jane Watson and the villainous Electro. Roberto Orci, Alex Kurtzman, and Jeff Pinkner wrote the screenplay, based on an original draft by James Vanderbilt. Production will begin in early 2013.

The Amazing Spider-Man took in a whopping $750 million worldwide during its theatrical release this summer.

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 was released May 2nd, 2014 and stars Andrew Garfield, Emma Stone, Jamie Foxx, Dane DeHaan, Colm Feore, Felicity Jones, Paul Giamatti, Sally Field. The film is directed by Marc Webb.

Sources: Nuke the Fridge

1. Monkeyiron 2.0

maybe he'll have the web gliders under his armpits

2 years agoby @monkeyiron2-0Flag

@XxNickTheFilmCriticXx Not many. Its a good design. They should improve his shoes though

3. Nicholaus XX

@bawnian-dexeus -- How many different Spider-Man suits could you possibly introduce?

2 years agoby @XxNickTheFilmCriticXxFlag

4. Eddie584

just as long as they get rid of the yellow eyes on the mask, that actually really bugged me.

2 years agoby @eddie584Flag

5. Reno Rozay

Cant wait i liked the amazing spiderman i hated the original spiderman movies how many times did i really have to watch mj get kidnapped

2 years agoby @Reno-RozayFlag

@XxNickTheFilmCriticXx If I recall, Lizard slashed Parker quite a bit. Or I'm mistaken, and the studio wants to do like Iron Man and Dark Knight and introduce a new suit

7. Nicholaus XX

@bawnian-dexeus -- It was?

@the-crow2k -- Really? The movie was pretty damn mediocre, I'll agree on that.

2 years agoby @XxNickTheFilmCriticXxFlag

8. The_Crow2k

The first one was so bad that i've given up hope on the sequel.
    But a new suit will definitely be an improvement, the first one was hideous.

2 years agoby @the-crow2kFlag

9. Writer220

Robert Picardo as Vulture.

2 years agoby @writer220Flag

10. Writer220

This spidey just doesn't grab me like Raimi's did, man that was and still is one of the best films. I bet that Goblin comes in the third film and kill's Gwen just like in the comic's.

2 years agoby @writer220Flag

11. Writer220

It shouldn't be about the suite, it should be about keeping the mask on. Small issue and I bet the suite rides up, Toby complained about it when he was spidey.

2 years agoby @writer220Flag

12. SpaceCowboy

This is starting to feel more and more like Nolan's Batman trilogy

2 years agoby @SpaceCowboyFlag

13. Upsmann44

I loved the suit in the first one. I hope they don't change it too much. This is a movie not a comic book.

2 years agoby @upsmann44Flag

14. supermanvenom

I like it. They did that with the other spider-man movies, you would think he would want to change up the suit a bit.

2 years agoby @supermanvenomFlag

15. Corey W.

@jasonkat It's headline news because MW likes to keep us updated on every movie in production, especially big summer blockbusters like this.

2 years agoby @coreyFlag

16. ROFLitschristian

It makes sense. I mean honestly, how many times can you stitch a suit torn by a massive lizard before it gives out completely?

2 years agoby @ROFLitschristianFlag

17. LuxoIII

I say they should just stick to their guns. So what if some purists off to the side lines are whining about that one extra blue strip on his left arm?

2 years agoby @brady1138Flag

18. Stallone Jackson

I dont know, the suit in this one was pretty bad ass. Once you see the upclose shots of his suit on bluray you actually see how awesome the texture of the suit was. Hey going with the traditional suit is dope but make the blue a more vibrant blue. The original blue spidey suit was a close to light blue color. They did an amazing job with this film, i expect better in the next.

2 years agoby @Stallone-JacksonFlag

19. Brandon S. Todd

I'm hoping they go with the traditional costume in the sequel. The suit used in the Amazing Spiderman was pretty awesome, but it's only right that they use the traditional look in the next one.

2 years agoby @brandon-scott-toddFlag

20. JasonKat

i think this is kinda stupid because Spiderman would be expected to have a new suit, maybe even 2-3, just like batman in every movie, Iron man, and all super heros are updated w new suits, guns, props and stuff, So this shouldnt even be headline news.
    I mean its not like we really wanna see him in the same ol' suit, in which it prob wasnt comfortable to wear, So this time around, they may wanna use a diff texture/more relaxing (less cgi or whatever. So with that in mind, why not put a new color/suit on him, i mean he might have the same suit from his last film, but will prob get messed up badly that he has a new1,

2 years agoby @jasonkatFlag

The suit was alright in the first one.

2 years agoby @skywiseFlag

22. Bane5000

Liking the idea of a more traditional costume...but MW needs to stay up to date with news, this was reported since last Thursday on other sites..C'mon MW, keep up :]

2 years agoby @bane5000Flag

23. Corey W.

Loved the suit in the first movie. Major upgrade from the one Maguire used to wear. But, I'm down for a new look in the second movie.

2 years agoby @coreyFlag

24. Julián Dylan

Ah! And they told me that the new villain will be the Lizard's son.

2 years agoby @Julin-DylanFlag

25. Julián Dylan

I talked often with the producers and they never thought in change the suit.

2 years agoby @Julin-DylanFlag

26. Joker926

I dug the new look! But if there's a new outfit, I wouldn't be mad.

Perhaps with a new job at the Bugle, that will afford Peter for more to work with; PERSONALLY... I would love to see a black and red color scheme, the cartridge belt, and arm webbing like the original Ditko Spidey.

2 years agoby @joker926Flag

Well, it did get ruined so...

28. Roberto Mata

I Liked the first film's suit, I hope they have a good reason, to changed and I'm still not convinced Jamie Foxx should be Electro

2 years agoby @Roberto-MataFlag

29. Replicant

Too bad, I really loved this suit. If it's done for story/practical reasons like TDK I don't mind, I just hope they don't change it just because.

2 years agoby @felipe-11Flag

30. JasonKat

Yea just dont add a belt, lol

2 years agoby @jasonkatFlag