'A Dangerous Method' Trailer

David Cronenberg directs Viggo Mortensen and Michael Fassbender in this tale that pits Sigmund Freud against Dr. Carl Jung in a love triangle.
David Cronenberg directs Viggo Mortensen, Michael Fassbender, and Keira Knightley in the new drama A Dangerous Method, which looks at the love triangle between renowned Dr. Carl Gustav Jung and newcomer Sigmund Freud, who both fall for a beautiful, yet severely unbalanced patient. The first trailer for this Oscar contender has been released, which you can analyze below.

A Dangerous Method was released November 23rd, 2011 and stars Keira Knightley, Viggo Mortensen, Michael Fassbender, Vincent Cassel, Sarah Gadon, André Hennicke, Arndt Schwering-Sohnrey, Mignon Remé. The film is directed by David Cronenberg.

1. CUPID

Looks okay.

3 years agoby @cupidFlag

Looks great

3. Mr_Jellyfish

David Cronenberg does it again! I can't wait for this

3 years agoby @mr-jellyfishFlag

4. K-Man

This looks great, though.....I'll definitely be checking it out. Viggo's the man, too! Both actors are really going to knock it out of the park!

Keira, on the other hand, even though I think she is a great actress, I'm not yet sold on the accent. Hopefully it's just the trailer that makes it sound.....well, not quite Russian. Time will tell.

3 years agoby @k-manFlag

5. K-Man

Man, Michael Fassbender is all over the map......and it's AWESOME!! He's such a talented guy, as well as a HUGELY diverse actor......I find it remarkable how fast this guy has risen to the top of the list of "most sought after actors" in Hollywood. It well deserved!

The best part is that I feel this is only the beginning....I'm pumped to see what he does in Prometheus, with THE Ridley Scott directing him. Holy balls, that's going to be something special.

3 years agoby @k-manFlag

6. Lautarous

Looking fine.

3 years agoby @LautarousFlag

7. Josh

The trailer lived up to my expectations. Huge Cronenberg fan here, and equally huge Viggo and Fassbender fan. I can't wait.

3 years agoby @shuabertFlag

@insertusernamehere Lol, I like that description. Black Swan was my 2010 movie, so to make a comparison like that, gets me pretty hyped up.

3 years agoby @dan1Flag

9. T.Clark

This year's Black Swan in terms of awkwardness in the theater, psychological drama, Vincent Cassel, a Natalie Portman less-hot look-a-like, and a director who hates happiness? Perhaps.

Looks great, though haha

3 years agoby @insertusernamehereFlag

10. CelluloidDreams

WOW!! David Cronenberg directs Viggo Mortensen again!! I'm so their!

3 years agoby @2movieguysFlag

11. Cripple

Incredible. Can't wait to see this. Love this cast and the director.

3 years agoby @crippleFlag

12. Rufio

wow... that was much more intense than i anticipated. and like @thedarkknight23 said- great for those into psychology/anthropology/sociology (and, yes, even theology). knightly looks awesome in this, too. it's like she took her familiar character (from all her movies) and made it creepy/disturbed. i will be seeing this.

3 years agoby @rufioFlag

13. The Dark Knight

Now we are talking Oscars a movie about Sigmund Freud and Carl Jung. Awesome movie for Psychology roots

3 years agoby @thedarkknight23Flag

14. ZanyZap

Oscars indeed. Fassbender may receive a nod, especially with his excellent turn in X-Men. The academy likes multiple good performances in a year.

3 years agoby @zanyzapFlag

15. thedude-abides

Well, this would be news to me if I hadn't had it as one of my 2011 Best Picture candidates since January, which by the way, I have a complete list of if anyone feels compelled to check out :)

3 years agoby @thedude-abidesFlag