'86th Annual Academy Awards' Nominations!

'12 Years a Slave', 'American Hustle', 'Captain Phillips' and 'Gravity' are among the Best Picture contenders. Take a look at the full list of nominees!
Actor Chris Hemsworth and Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences President Cheryl Boone Isaacs announced the nominations for the 86th Annual Academy Awards this morning at the Academy's Samuel Goldwyn Theater in Beverly Hills, California. Take a look at the full list of Academy Awards nominees below.

BEST FOREIGN LANGUAGE FILM

BEST EDITING

BEST PRODUCTION DESIGN

BEST COSTUME DESIGN

BEST ORIGINAL SCORE

BEST ORIGINAL SONG

BEST VISUAL EFFECTS

BEST MAKEUP AND HAIRSTYLING

BEST SOUND MIXING

BEST SOUND EDITING

BEST ANNIMATED SHORT FILM

BEST LIVE-ACTION SHORT FILM

The Academy Awards episode 62.1, "The 86th Annual Academy Awards" stars Jennifer Lawrence, Matthew McConaughey, Leonardo DiCaprio, Jared Leto, Emma Watson, Benedict Cumberbatch, Kristen Bell, Amy Adams.

Sources: Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences

1. undeadslayer4

@themoviefanatic well that explain it

6 months agoby @undeadslayer4Flag

2. RonnyRAGE

Only category where I saw all the movies was Best Animated Movie I'd take the Croods but I'd take Frozen for Music. The Hobbit The Desolation of Smaug should be movie of the year!!!

6 months agoby @ronnyrageFlag

3. Sean

@redcameraman I was a bit surprised about that as well.

6 months agoby @themoviefanaticFlag

4. Sean

@undeadslayer4 There is some parts where they did have cgi in the movie, but not like extremely cgi heavy though if you know what I mean? Some of the parts that have cgi in them, was the part where a train falls down off a track down from a cliff. Another part was those crazy hungry rabbits. Also, The part where they are on top of a train while it's moving involved cgi as well. There are more scenes to mention of that have scenes with cgi added in in post production, but there is too mnay to name. Also, I've noticed that each of the scenes that had cgi in them weren't as cgi heavy as say Pirates 2 and Pirates 3 are in certain scenes. So, That's why it's actually harder to notice which scenes had cgi and which scenes didn't.

6 months agoby @themoviefanaticFlag

5. undeadslayer4

@themoviefanatic the lone ranger was nominated for visual effects wtf when did they have cgi

6 months agoby @undeadslayer4Flag

6. T. King (Red Camera Man)

How incredibly dumb that "Pacific Rim" was NOT nominated for Best Visual Effects, and that "Monsters University" was NOT nominated for Best Animated Feature. W...T...F?

6 months agoby @redcameramanFlag

7. Sean

@justatadmatt That's true.

6 months agoby @themoviefanaticFlag

8. justatadmatt

@themoviefanatic just a personal opinion...we'll find out March 2nd :)

6 months agoby @justatadmattFlag

9. K.Guy

Art Direction...?

6 months agoby @kguyFlag

10. thedude-abides

@thedude1 Indeed, they have. All four deserve to be there. Any combination should make for a great superbowl. But yeah, Broncos and 9ers would be really cool because of the Manning storyline.

6 months agoby @thedude-abidesFlag

11. TheDude1

@thedude-abides Personally I would like to see a Broncos and 49ers Super Bowl. But Brady and the Patriots have been on fire.

6 months agoby @thedude1Flag

12. thedude-abides

@thedude1 Lol. Funny thing is, I picked Seattle over Denver before the season began... But now I'm thinking it'll be San Fran over New England. If I were an odds maker, I'd make the latter small road favorites this weekend.

6 months agoby @thedude-abidesFlag

13. TheDude1

@thedude-abides Tell me who is going to win the big football games this weekend. LOL!

6 months agoby @thedude1Flag

14. JasonKat

what happened to the super hero movies they said were gonna be big this year? all i saw was iron man3, no avengers, thor, captain america, kick ass2, man of steel, spiderman?

6 months agoby @jasonkatFlag

15. Celestialforthcoming

so no one thought to at least include Joaqin Pheonix to be nominated for best actor? just me?

6 months agoby @CelestialforthcomingFlag

16. Ledouchee

I love the nom for Bad Grandpa! i hope Knoxville shows up to the awards in full Irving Zisman makeup

6 months agoby @ledoucheeFlag

17. Sean

@justatadmatt Oh, I see. Thanks.

6 months agoby @themoviefanaticFlag

18. thedude-abides

Overall, I'd say these nominations are pretty spot on. I usually have a list of about 10 or 12 snubs every year when nominations are announced. This year, it'll be hard to list more than 5.

6 months agoby @thedude-abidesFlag

19. thedude-abides

5/5 in my supporting actor and actress predictions, 4/5 in my lead actor and actress predictions, 5/5 in my best director predictions, and 8/9 in my best picture predictions.

That's it. I'm moving to Vegas.

6 months agoby @thedude-abidesFlag

20. Ghostman

Think this is the first time Pixar was not nominated for best animated feature (Monsters University). chances are, Frozen will win in that category and best original song.

My bet is it will be a tie between DiCaprio and Bale for best actor. Gravity will most likely win in the technical awards and possibly for Best Director, and it will be a race between 12 Years a Slave, American Hustle, and Gravity for Best Picture, and having Wolf of Wall Street be the dark horse to win that award if it does.

6 months agoby @ghostmanFlag

21. justatadmatt

I have no idea who they would switch out, but Tom Hanks not being nominated is horrible. His performance was absolutely incredible in Captain Phillips.

@themoviefanatic My guess is that Gravity will receive awards for VFX and Cinematography, director will be either Cuaron or McQueen, and Picture will be either 12 years or American Hustle.

6 months agoby @justatadmattFlag

22. Replicant

@arrington I was thinking the same thing. Say what you want about Man of Steel, but it had some of the years most impressive visuals. It wasn't even on the Oscars' shortlist! It doesn't matter because Gravity will win any way.

6 months agoby @felipe-11Flag

A few snubs in this list, but it's pretty good overall.

6 months agoby @bawnian-dexeusFlag

24. Time

For visual effects they put Lone Ranger over Man of Steel. Really! Not saying Man of Still would have won but the visual effects are fare better then Lone Ranger.

6 months agoby @arringtonFlag

25. Sean

I'm looking forward to see which movie will win best picture and which movie will win best visual effects.

6 months agoby @themoviefanaticFlag

26. John M

Can't agree with American Hustle getting so many nominations, and certainly not with Gravity the most overrated film of the year.

The Academy gave nominations to films like American Hustle, Gravity, and Wolf of Wall Street, but not films like All is Lost and Inside Llewyn Davis which didn't get a single nomination.

I don't understand that, but I guess that's why I don't get a vote in who and what gets nominated.

6 months agoby @john-mFlag

Overall there are not too many surprises although a few snubs like those mentioned below.

I really want Fassbender to win supporting role, he was amazing in 12 Years a Slave. His only competition in my opinion is Leto. That is a tough call and the academy definitely has its work cut out. Cant wait to see the outcome of that particular category.

6 months agoby @skywiseFlag

28. slysnide

Idris Elba should've made the best actor list for Mandela. He was amazing in that.

6 months agoby @slysnideFlag