85th Annual 'Academy Awards' Winners!

'Argo' takes home three Oscars, including awards for Best Picture, Best Adapted Screenplay, and Best Editing.
The 85th Annual Academy Awards took place earlier today, hosted by Seth MacFarlane. Take a look at all the big Academy Awards winners below.

BEST FOREIGN LANGUAGE FILM:

BEST COSTUME DESIGN:

BEST FILM EDITING

BEST MAKEUP AND HAIRSTYLING:

BEST ORIGINAL SONG:

BEST ORIGINAL SCORE:

BEST PRODUCTION DESIGN:

• Lincoln - Rick Carter (Production Design); Jim Erickson (Set Decoration)
  • Anna Karenina - Sarah Greenwood (Production Design); Katie Spencer (Set Decoration)
  • Les Miserables - Eve Stewart (Production Design); (Set Decoration)
  • Life of Pi - David Gropman (Production Design); Anna Pinnock (Set Decoration)
  • The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey - Dan Hennah (Production Design); Ra Vincent and Simon Bright (Set Decoration)

BEST SOUND MIXING:

• Les Miserables - Andy Nelson, Mark Paterson and Simon Hayes
  • Argo - John Reitz, Gregg Rudloff and Jose Antonio Garcia
  • Life of Pi - Ron Bartlett, D.M. Hemphill and Drew Kunin
  • Lincoln - Andy Nelson, Gary Rydstrom and Ronald Judkins
  • Skyfall - Scott Millan, Greg P. Russell and Stuart Wilson

BEST SOUND EDITING:

BEST VISUAL EFFECTS:

BEST ANIMATED SHORT FILM:

BEST LIVE-ACTION SHORT FILM:

1. thedude-abides

@bawnian-dexeus I don't disagree, I just feel as though they were completely the same, with no variances whatsoever save for the fact that one was good and one was bad.

1 year agoby @thedude-abidesFlag

@thedude-abides I also believe his character this time was more humor driven. Landa had some humor, but that was less of what you would call a definition of humor of a man who can do whatever he wants because he's basically Hitler's right hand man in a way, than Shultz did, like handing the slave a shotgun without thinking twice if he made a mistake or not.

Hope I didn't loose you

1 year agoby @bawnian-dexeusFlag

3. thedude-abides

@bawnian-dexeus Oh, no doubt about it; it was him without the Nazi uniform, for sure. Shultz was a character Waltz could've really taken in a thousand directions, and instead, he chose to take it in the exact same direction as he did Landa, only as a protagonist. Very disappointed in that regard.

1 year agoby @thedude-abidesFlag

@thedude-abides I liked Waltz performance, but deeply, I felt it was him without the Nazi costume. Doubt he'll get another award for years to come, because 2 in a row means locked. Hoffman stole the scene in the hotel with the christian gentleman. DiCaprio could have been a contender and given Waltz a run for him money and really some competition between Hoffman

1 year agoby @bawnian-dexeusFlag

@corey Agreed. The Jaws gag was epic

1 year agoby @bawnian-dexeusFlag

6. thedude-abides

@narrator I agree; Hoffman definitely should've won. It's just sad when mere mortals such as ourselves can come up with a more deserving list of nominees and winners in just about every category.

1 year agoby @thedude-abidesFlag

@thedude-abides That's not a bad hypothesis, and one I'm likely to agree with. We've seen the Academy pull similar stunts before. However, it just doesn't make sense when you look at the list of Supporting Actor nominees this year. DiCaprio underwent a more extreme transformation than all of them and, in my opinion, acted better than all the nominees sans Phillip Seymour Hoffman (who should have won). The snubbing was just unnecessary and making up for it next year will seem equally unjust unless he turns in a hell of a performance for Wolf of Wall Street, which I'm sure he will. Idk, Academy politics confuse me. :P

1 year agoby @narratorFlag

8. thedude-abides

@narrator I know it's still ridiculously early, but I would bet the house he gets nominated for The Wolf of Wall Street and/or Great Gatsby. Much like Argo, he'll be the one getting all the love next year for having been snubbed in 2013.

1 year agoby @thedude-abidesFlag

Agreed, @ChiRep-1, @basquat, and @renodc. Judging by your comments and practically everyone I've talked to that has seen the film, it seems like a common complaint going around is the Academy's snubbing of DiCaprio yet again. While he gets snubbed far too often to really be surprised, I'm sure a lot of us thought that the Academy might have thrown him a bone this time. Shame that wasn't the case.

1 year agoby @narratorFlag

10. renodc

@basquat Well said. DiCaprio and Jackson's performances in Django took intensity and villainy to a new level. They were so good it was disturbing.

1 year agoby @renodcFlag

11. Basquat

@thedude-abides I agree. But you could have probably given an award to anyone from django but the truth is, the one you really remember is DiCaprio. And i'm not a big fan of his but he and Sammy mofo performances are the one that stand out the most.

1 year agoby @basquatFlag

12. the MovieGhost

@justatadmatt Did I say I hadn't seen it? No I didn't. Regardless I wasn't saying her performance in that movie was particularly "bad", but questioning what makes it so special. Everyone's raving about "how good" she was, much like everyone raves about "how great" Breaking Bad apparently is.

In both cases the things in question have been talked up SO MUCH they've become over-hyped to me. @ROFLitschristian and I had talked about this on a different BB thread on MW a couple week ago in fact.

1 year agoby @the-movieghostFlag

13. justatadmatt

@ROFLitschristian i gotcha. No worries

1 year agoby @justatadmattFlag

14. ROFLitschristian

@justatadmatt Oh no. Lol. When I said, "It's like I said," it was more of a reiteration, not a "Did you not just read what I said?" :P My mistake.

1 year agoby @ROFLitschristianFlag

15. T. King (Red Camera Man)

Could've picked out better picks for some of them, but not bad overall.

1 year agoby @redcameramanFlag

16. undeadslayer4

this is a piece of sh*t i want kickass the hobbit and project x to win not this sh*t

1 year agoby @undeadslayer4Flag

17. justatadmatt

@ROFLitschristian i completely agree. sorry if what i said came off wrong...you said you hadn't seen the other nominees so I was just explaining why I thought Lawrence had won.

1 year agoby @justatadmattFlag

18. ROFLitschristian

@justatadmatt It's like I said, the movie didn't really pick up for me until her character came on. To me, that's how I know she was giving as much as she could give.

1 year agoby @ROFLitschristianFlag

19. thedude-abides

Nobody could've predicted Christoph Waltz winning. He didn't even give the best performance in Django, let alone over the people he was nominated with.

1 year agoby @thedude-abidesFlag

20. thedude-abides

@narrator I couldn't agree more with your last sentence. Chastain and Boal should've won, for sure.

1 year agoby @thedude-abidesFlag

21. CelluloidDreams

I still wish Bradley Cooper won!!

1 year agoby @2movieguysFlag

22. SherlockHolmes2009

Im glad Tarantino won Screenplay but he needed to get a Best Director award

1 year agoby @SherlockHolmes2009Flag

23. justatadmatt

@the-movieghost if you haven't seen it then you have no right to critique it...jennifer lawrence was incredible in that role. and @ROFLitschristian it was a seriously tough category where anyone could have won (all the performances were insanely intense), but I think lawrence had way too much momentum to give it to anyone else...

1 year agoby @justatadmattFlag

24. Prime

Ang Lee deserved it, i like so much Life of Pi

1 year agoby @PrimeFlag

25. ROFLitschristian

@the-movieghost She keeps winning because her role in SLP is actually really well done. I haven't seen the other nominees, but Lawrence really made SLP what it was. As soon as her character appeared the movie soared. I think she deserves all the attention she gets for it to be quite honest.

1 year agoby @ROFLitschristianFlag

26. Xenon

I enjoyed it after watching Smash, but I have to admit that Seth isn't funny... only funny looking.
    The only films I could tell before hand that was going to get an Oscar was Life of Pi, Les Miserables, Skyfall and Lincoln, Brave was also nailed it.

Really Anne Hathaway - it's painful to watch her act.
    I still don't understand why Django Unchained won a few, looks like a dumb film. Yet I do detest QT

1 year agoby @xenon56Flag

27. ChiRep_1

Biggest disappointment is still the lack of a DiCaprio supporting actor nomination..

1 year agoby @ChiRep-1Flag

28. Dumbumm

@corey Everyone could tell it was staged. The media just wants to create drama.

1 year agoby @DumbummFlag

Biggest acting rob of the night goes to Phillip Seymour Hoffman, imo.

1 year agoby @narratorFlag

30. Corey W.

Everyone bitching over the We Saw Your Boobs song need to relax too. Theron and Watts were not even upset...if you look back you'll see they were wearing different dresses during their "Angry" and "shocked" reactions to Seth's song....they were apart of the joke. People need to seriously take a breather over that one. I'm reading all over the internet that Charlize Theron looked pissed and probably wants to kill Seth....which is false! I'm surprised I'm the only person who realized it was staged.

1 year agoby @coreyFlag