'70th Annual Golden Globe Awards' Nominations

'Argo', 'Django Unchained', 'Life of Pi', 'Lincoln', and 'Zero Dark Thirty' are up for Best Motion Picture - Drama.
70th Annual Golden Globe Awards nominations announced
70th Annual Golden Globe Awards nominations announced
Jessica Alba, Megan Fox, and Ed Helms joined the Hollywood Foreign Press Association President Dr. Aida Takla-O'Reilly at the Beverly Hilton Hotel this morning to announce the nominations for the 2013 Golden Globe Awards.

Golden Globe winner Tina Fey (30 Rock) and Golden Globe nominee Amy Poehler (Parks and Recreation) will host the 70th Annual Golden Globe Awards, live on Sunday, January 13, 2013. The show will air live on NBC coast-to-coast from 5-8 p.m (PT) and 8-11 p.m. (ET) from the Beverly Hilton in Beverly Hills.

Produced by Dick Clark productions in association with the HFPA, The Golden Globe Awards are viewed in more than 160 countries worldwide and are one of the few awards ceremonies to include both motion picture and television achievements.

The 2013 Golden Globe Nominations are as follows:

FILM

BEST ORIGINAL SCORE

ORIGINAL SONG

TV

BEST PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTOR IN A TELEVISION SERIES, COMEDY OR MUSICAL

BEST PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTRESS IN A TELEVISION SERIES, COMEDY OR MUSICAL

BEST MINISERIES OR MOTION PICTURE MADE FOR TELEVISION

BEST PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTOR IN A MINISERIES OR A MOTION PICTURE MADE FOR TELEVISION

BEST PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTOR IN A SUPPORTING ROLE IN A SERIES, MINISERIES, OR MOTION PICTURE MADE FOR TELEVISION

BEST PERFORMANCE BY AN ACTRESS IN A SUPPORTING ROLE IN A SERIES, MINISERIES, OR MOTION PICTURE MADE FOR TELEVISION

Golden Globes episode 70.1, "The 70th Annual Golden Globe Awards"

Sources: The Hollywood Foreign Press Association

1. RyanMoran

looks pretty good going to watch it

1 year agoby @RyanMoranMitaFlag

2. justatadmatt

I'm digging all the nods for Django...also, very excited to see Moonrise Kingdom up for Best Picture...most underrated movie of the year IMO.

1 year agoby @justatadmattFlag

3. The Cryptkeeper: Resurrected

The only one I have a problem with is Ang Lee for best director, because the directing for Life of Pi was not that great.

1 year agoby @cryptFlag

4. SherlockHolmes2009

Thas all Skyfall gets is a Best Music nod? They better make up for that at the Academy Awards. Now for Django Unchained and Zero Dark Thirty, both havent been released yet and they get Best Picture nods, im so looking forward to both

1 year agoby @SherlockHolmes2009Flag

5. moviegeek

Hotel Transylvania? lol. Okay...

Considering that this is the Golden Globes, there really aren't that many surprises. I mean, this is the same crew who nominated Johnny Depp, Angelina Jolie, and their movie The Tourist...

1 year agoby @moviegeekFlag

6. ChiRep_1

Sooo, looks like it's gonna be the Kathryn Bigelow show with a side of Daniel Day Lewis? The rave Zero Dark Thirty's getting is ridiculous.

1 year agoby @ChiRep-1Flag

7. zeus

Just noticed no Anthony Hopkins. So sad!!

1 year agoby @zeusFlag

8. thedude-abides

@shuabert Lol. Thanks. And I agree, Beasts/Southern Wild was excellent. I'm at a loss as to how Quvenzhane Wallis wasn't nominated.

1 year agoby @thedude-abidesFlag

9. Josh

@thedude-abides Good call on The Master. I haven't seen it yet, so I didn't even notice its absence. What a joke. Like...Extremely Loud best picture nomination level joke.

1 year agoby @shuabertFlag

10. Josh

I'm disappointed Argo was nominated over Beasts of the Southern Wild. It was quite a good film, but certainly not Best Picture-worthy. And what are Fringe and Mad Men not doing nominated for TV drama? Sh*t like this is the reason no one takes the Golden Globes seriously.

1 year agoby @shuabertFlag

11. thedude-abides

@narrator I've yet to see it either, but you may be right. You should check out my Oscar predictions lists. I'm still working on a few. I'm going to post something in the forums in just a bit.

1 year agoby @thedude-abidesFlag

I haven't seen Les Mis, yet, @thedude-abides, so I can't say whether or not Hooper's latest film has earned him a nod. I am surprised, though. Perhaps because the Academy gave him a premature win against Fincher (still smarting over that, but w/e), he's no longer on the list for the Golden Globes.

Honestly, I think the tightest competition will be between Best Actor - Drama, and Best Supporting Actors. Everything else will likely fall into place accordingly.

1 year agoby @narratorFlag

13. Dumbumm

Good to see Jennifer Lawrence nominated!

1 year agoby @DumbummFlag

14. sa

salmon fishing? salmon fishing!?! is that a joke? this movie is the biggest bore of the year. *yawn*

1 year agoby @sa-86947828Flag

Claire Danes better win for Homeland. She has been amazing, just like season 1.

All these other choices sound accurate.

1 year agoby @dan1Flag

16. Divesh Deathstar

how come Django is nominated? movie aint out yet!!

1 year agoby @divesh-deathstarFlag

17. The Knight Has Risen

@the-movieghost I hate arguing with people who fall asleep on shows.

1 year agoby @thehost91Flag

18. Space101

@CelluloidDreams Good point, where the hell is Walking Dead??? Can't believe it's not even listed!

1 year agoby @space101Flag

19. CelluloidDreams

Congrats to both Jessica Lang and Bradley Cooper!

I can't believe that either: "American Horror Story: Asylum" or "The Walking Dead" get a nod for "BEST TELEVISION SERIES, DRAMA" .....PURE BS!!!

1 year agoby @2movieguysFlag

20. the MovieGhost

@thehost91 As far as I'm concerned, Breaking Bad can KISS my ass. It's so played out it's ridiculous.

1 year agoby @the-movieghostFlag

21. The Knight Has Risen

@the-movieghost Hey! Breaking Bad kicks ASS! Want proof? Just watch the show!

1 year agoby @thehost91Flag

22. the MovieGhost

I'm honestly getting sick and tired of Breaking Bad being in EVERYTHING. Why not give some much-deserved attention to Game of Thrones or Sons of Anarchy? Especially for Sons' most recent Season and Jimmy Smits' standout performance. Change it up for once, for the love of God.

Everything else looks promising. I'm particularly hoping Adele takes it for "Original Song", but that's probably just me.

1 year agoby @the-movieghostFlag

23. Corey W.

Huh, no love for Hopper on Les Mis?

1 year agoby @coreyFlag

24. Corey W.

Everything looks about right except for Salmon Fishing in the Yemen. Fell asleep during that one.

1 year agoby @coreyFlag

25. Roberto Mata

Argo, Lincoln, Zero Dark Thirty, are my choices for Best Picture
    Daniel Day Lewis for Best Actor, Jessica Chastain for Best Actress, Leo Dicaprio for Best Supporting Actor( if he accepts since, he didn't accept his supporting actor nomination in 2007 for The Departed) and Anne Hathaway for Best Supporting Actress!

1 year agoby @Roberto-MataFlag

26. thedude-abides

And where the f*ck is Tom Hooper?

1 year agoby @thedude-abidesFlag

27. thedude-abides

Zero Dark Thirty and Django Unchained are by far the biggest winners here. Glad to see Dicaprio, Phoenix, and Amy Adams among the list of nominees despite receiving zero SAG nominations.

Again, no love for P.T. Anderson or the Master, despite completely annihilating the competition at Venice to the point that they had to give some of their awards back for receiving too many. Same goes for Quvenzhane Wallis, who I thought was supposed to run away with the Oscar for Best Actress, only to be given the shaft once again.

1 year agoby @thedude-abidesFlag