11th 'Green Lantern' TV Spot

A new photo has also been released featuring the Guardians of Oa from Martin Campbell's upcoming DC Comics adventure.
Warner Bros. has released the 11th TV spot for the highly-anticipated superhero tale Green Lantern, which hits theaters nationwide on June 17. Click on the video player below for this new footage of Sinestro (Mark Strong) and Kilowog (Michael Clarke Duncan). A new photo from Green Lantern also debuted in the Green Lantern DC comic book today, which features the Guardians of Oa. Click on the photo below the TV spot to access our gallery.

Green Lantern Guardians of Oa Photo

Green Lantern was released June 17th, 2011 and stars Ryan Reynolds, Blake Lively, Peter Sarsgaard, Mark Strong, Temuera Morrison, Jenna Craig, Jon Tenney, Mike Doyle. The film is directed by Martin Campbell.

Sources: Warner Bros., Bleeding Cool

1. Corey W.

@skywise@dan1 F*ck yeah guys! Thor has become one of my favorite superhero flicks because of the cosmic outline. The Realms, Asgard's bridge, everything Science-fiction about it made it feel so different. GL is going to be just as fantastic, if not better. Or at least I hope.

3 years agoby @coreyFlag

2. bruce_ha

@dan1 BTW, have you seen trailer 3? It was the greatest trailer I've ever seen for a superhero movie. Especially the introduction of the trailer when Geoffrey Rush talks about the core. Got chills when he said "...must be without fear" and the soundtrack was perfect.

That in itself made me really excited for this trilogy.

3 years agoby @bruce-haFlag

@bruce-ha Haha, okay man :)

3 years agoby @dan1Flag

4. bruce_ha

@dan1 I'm all about speaking my mind and not being a blind fanboy so i critique alot. That's why I disagree with "You either like it or you don't". I'ts not like I'm bashing the movie itself. I like what I'm seeing from the story and all the characters but it's the CG that I think looks cartoonish and not the entire movie. I'm critiquing the effects, not the movie itself. Heck I've been excited for this movie since the day they announced it.

I like GL aswell >=O

3 years agoby @bruce-haFlag

@skywise Exactly man. It IS young, and I laugh in anyone's general direction that thinks the genre is a dying breed. Ha, far from it. This has all been the warm up game, people.

3 years agoby @dan1Flag

well..damn @dan1 what self loving male doesn't enjoy watching hot women kick some ass? Hell they dont even have to kick ass...they can just kick and i will be ok with that. =P

But ya i know its an easy cliche to fall back on and it will happen time and again becuase it is something that is easy to relate to, but the superhero genre is basically young at this point. The skies the limit and if they want to remain valid they will have to find new ways to tell those old stories.

3 years agoby @skywiseFlag

@skywise Another thing I like, that you sort of mentioned, is the no damsel in distress thing with GL. Though I'm betting the first movie will have a bit of that (they do show Parallax about to attack Carol Ferris), in the future installments we could get the star sapphires, Arisia, Booddikka, Soranik Natu, etc, etc. Why do I give a sh*t about that? Because I like watching hot babes kick some ass :P

3 years agoby @dan1Flag

@xander21c Another error in space that movies tend to make?

9. Nautical

Yep...still excited.

3 years agoby @nautical05Flag

10. Xander21c

it's me or GL's hair move while he on space close to the sun

3 years agoby @xander21cFlag

11. SomethingMore

This looks good!

3 years agoby @SomethingMoreFlag

12. SomethingMore

Time is coming close

3 years agoby @SomethingMoreFlag

@dan1 hell ya! Right back at ya sir.

3 years agoby @skywiseFlag

@skywise F*cking high five, man.

3 years agoby @dan1Flag

@dan1 I was going to m ention Thor and i think that now the studios are going to realize that there IS an audience for the cosmic style heros. I mean i dont mind the "saving the city" or "saving the girl" or "saving the planet" plotlines but those have been done and been done very well. They have also been done to DEATH. There is so much more to explore in these univeresed so that is the main reason i am looking forward to GL.

Well that and he is my fav DC hero. Always has been.

3 years agoby @skywiseFlag

@skywise Exactly why I loved Thor. It's cosmicness. I'm anxious for comic book movies to get the hell off Earth already and explore literally other worlds.

3 years agoby @dan1Flag

@diaigma AGREED! This is the type of superhero story that i reallly have been waiting for. I love that cosmic tone and hope that this does well enough so that some of our other superheros get their chance to get off planet (like they should have done with Dark Phoenix) but only time will tell.

3 years agoby @skywiseFlag

Well i have seen enough trailers and tv spots i wont be watching anymore. I cant wait to see how this turns out...like many of you.

3 years agoby @skywiseFlag

19. Diaigma

@bawnian-dexeus - I only need one ring, man. Gives me all the "power" I need :P

3 years agoby @diaigmaFlag

@dan1@diaigma You guys want to own the same GL ring as much as I do?

@diaigma That's all it boils down to. You either like what GL is all about, or you don't.

3 years agoby @dan1Flag

22. Diaigma

@dan1 - me too. It's a movie that would be impossible to make without an over-abundance of CGI. Take it or leave it. For what it is, I think it looks fantastic.

3 years agoby @diaigmaFlag

@bruce-ha@diaigma I think I'm about done having the argument over this movie and it's "cartoonness".

3 years agoby @dan1Flag

24. bud2fresh

Or maybe Duck Dogers .......In blackest day or brightest night
    Watermelon, cantaloupe, yadda yadda
    Erm... superstitious and cowardly lot
    With liberty and justice for all!

3 years agoby @bud2freshFlag

25. bud2fresh

Nice! Could Martian Manhunter have a cameo in this after credits???

3 years agoby @bud2freshFlag

26. CUPID

Cant wait.

3 years agoby @cupidFlag

27. Diaigma

@bruce-ha - I wouldn't know. I never got past the covers. GL looked so silly. Thanks to @dan1, I've been introduced to the universe of universe cops :P

3 years agoby @diaigmaFlag

28. bruce_ha

@diaigma Comcis looked great, atleast the ones i've read. Somewhat inconsistent throughout the story but the art was really nice in Sinestro Corps War.

3 years agoby @bruce-haFlag

29. Diaigma

@bruce-ha - yep. Sure does. I always thought the comics looked ridiculous, so at least they're being consistent with the source material, right? :P

3 years agoby @diaigmaFlag

30. bruce_ha

@dingusthebrave Touche!

@diaigma It does, it does look better than a CG character that was created more than 5 years ago.

3 years agoby @bruce-haFlag