'Lincoln' Comments

1. Mm61675

great movie!!!

2 years agoby @mm61675Flag

2. IlikePie202

Besides the awful kid actor, a fantastic movie

2 years agoby @Ilikepie202Flag

@thedude-abides Hehe, I can totally see him as a poet in that movie, good guy or bad guy

4. thedude-abides

@bawnian-dexeus Maybe he and Meryl Streep will make cameos in Expendables 3, LOL.

@XxNickTheFilmCriticXx The trailer doesn't do him justice, in my opinion. It's a closer reflection of the film than it is his performance. It could, however, be a case of what happened last year with Leonardo Dicaprio. I personally believe he gave the best performance of 2011 in J. Edgar, but because of the film's lackluster showing, it cost him a bid for an Oscar. There could be a similar dynamic at work this year with Lincoln and DDL's performance.

Oh, you know I love The Shining. I completely agree that Jack's performance is one of the best ever given on film. As do I the respective performances of Marlon Brando in Streetcar, Waterfront, and Godfather, De Niro in Raging Bull, James Dean in Giant, as well as a handful others. I just see DDL's as possibly the two most immersive performances ever given. However, it should be said that all the other films with great performances I mentioned are classics, which Lincoln won't be, so it should be interesting to see how his performance holds up in years to come.

2 years agoby @thedude-abidesFlag

@thedude-abides@XxNickTheFilmCriticXx Wonder what else Mr. Lewis will do. He seems to pick specific roles. Not like we will ever see him do something mainstream. Curious

6. Nicholaus XX

@thedude-abides -- Really? He was THAT good? I mean, I love Daniel-Day Lewis, but based on the trailers of "The Master", Joaquin Phoenix was mind-blowing. Not that I don't think Daniel-Day Lewis will give an incredible performance; it's just that I didn't see anything outstanding in the trailers. Terrible comparison, but that's my speculation.

That's a bold statement, man. Not saying I disagree with you, per se, but the performance by Jack Nicholson in "The Shining", and Javier Bardem in "No Country For Old Men" were so outstanding, that I personally couldn't find myself making a claim, in either case.

Needless to say, add Daniel-Day Lewis' performance in "There Will Be Blood", and you have my top-three all-time favorite performances. Brad Pitt in "Fight Club" would also make the list. Even if I had a gun to my head, I personally couldn't narrow down, in chronological order, the top-three given performances.

More closure for you, more power to you.

Damn! I really need to see "Lincoln", in that case.

2 years agoby @XxNickTheFilmCriticXxFlag

7. thedude-abides

@XxNickTheFilmCriticXx Yeah, man; you called it all along. I was right there with you, but I was willing to give it the benefit of the doubt because it was Spielberg and DDL. I remember after seeing the trailer, I said it was now a two film race for Best Picture between The Master and Les Miserables, and, after seeing the film, I stand by that statement.

I do, however, think DDL will beat out Joaquin for Best Actor. The guy was simply spectacular. I've been on record countless times as saying I think his performance in There Will Be Blood is, hands down, the single greatest performance ever. Now, I don't think it would be out of the question to say he just might have the two greatest performances ever.

2 years agoby @thedude-abidesFlag

8. Nicholaus XX

@thedude-abides -- Lol. What did I tell ya man, what did I tell ya.

2 years agoby @XxNickTheFilmCriticXxFlag

@thedude-abides It remains to be seen. I'll let you know on Sunday...well, my review will

10. thedude-abides

@bawnian-dexeus LOL. If you thought The Master left you feeling uninspired, wait 'till you see this.

2 years agoby @thedude-abidesFlag

@thedude-abides Jajajajaj, talk about straight to the point

12. thedude-abides