'Halloween II' Comments

1. Salem6777

this was a mediocre movie

3 years agoby @Salem6777Flag

2. DoubleR0522

THIS ONE WAS NOT GOOD :(

4 years agoby @doubler0522Flag

3. Michael West

Its a build up. the mask is getting more distorted and so is Myers.

And the movie is all in a different perspective itd be EXACTLY the same if it was script by script. You can't compare&contrast perspectives.

4 years agoby @michael-westFlag

4. BigJorge91

The first remake was ok. But this one was really disappointing. Why would you change Michael's classic appearance into a hoodie and a practically half torn mask? And why would you attempt to kill him off?? Sorry RZ. Not a good one.

4 years agoby @bigjorge91Flag

5. Emmytt

this movie was stupid fun

4 years agoby @emmyttFlag

6. Michael5

I thought this was worse then the first one. Very disappointing.

5 years agoby @michael5Flag

7. devilguy32

just rented the DVD. couldn't believe how bad it was.

5 years agoby @devilguy32Flag

8. Batman Rules !!!

Biggest piece of crap ever made

5 years agoby @the-fallenFlag

9. halloweenkayla

Saw Halloween II in theaters, and I must say I was highly disappointed. You can tell by my profile that I am a bit of a Halloween buff considering I work for a Halloween Costume Website. The first of these retellings was excellent. It added new depth to characters that were lacking in portrayal and took new turns into unexplored territories of the franchise. This newest installment did nothing of the sort.

I felt the original gave the appearance that the film was set in the 70s and then perhaps the 80s, however in this they have cell phones, make references to Fergie, there are new cars, etc. Also, they give no explanation as to how Michael miraculously survives multiple .357 (a gun designed to destroy tissue and organs) gunshot wounds.

Also, it's indicated that Michael was only grazed by the round Laurie fired into his face at point blank range. However, there is quite a lot of arterial spray for a simple graze. Not to mention, even though Michael is supposed to be this behemoth monster, the pain would be so immeasurable that he would not have made it ten feet. Then of course, there was the portrayal of Michael. After his mother died he never speaks in the slightest. He takes several extremely damaging blows and doesn't so much as whimper. I would have no problem with this but for the most part when he kills someone he grunts like a caveman, something he did not do in the first. I understand that I am referencing the first installment of the retelling quite a bit, but I feel that if you're going to make a sequel that follows nearly directly after the first, then you should at least stick to your character designs and plot concepts. Now, for the final nail in this coffin, Sherri Moon Zombie appears quite a bit in the movie as a ghost. I don't really consider this a spoiler, so I didn't mark it as such. The real reason she is in the movie, is because she loves attention and I don't think Rob zombie could deal with the fact of making a movie that didn't involve his wife in some way. Her ghostly appearances would have been freaky and weird, if she wasn't in every other scene, looking ridiculous and rattling off her dialog in the poorest manner.

Also, why is the child version of Michael a ghost with his mother? Last I checked he wasn't dead, he just grew up. I would accept that when Michael put on the mask it represented a fracture in his psyche, but the boy version of Michael is wearing a mask as well. So if Zombie was trying to achieve that point, he simply made it redundant.

I only give this movie a 2/5 because the gore was quite good. But if you're looking for something more than that, or perhaps you hope that this movie will broaden the characters more-so than the first, I suggest you look elsewhere. Reluctantly 2/5. (Also, fun fact, a third is already slated and is going to be in 3D. The best part: Rob Zombie isn't directing it.)

-Halloween Costume Kayla

5 years agoby @halloweenkaylaFlag

10. RavenX5 God of Light

movie gonna sucks balls,thanks a lot Rob Zombie,u boring f*cking bastard.

5 years agoby @hackx9Flag

11. Brett

this moive going to suck maybe

5 years agoby @juggaloFlag

12. the_tall_guy

I hope they keep the theme, or Halloween 2 will fail, and I will lose all faith in Rob Zombie.

The pictures look fantastic, though. They just need to keep the theme in it.

5 years agoby @the-tall-guyFlag

13. slysnide

why is it that this film's been commented on since last August, yet every time I looked up the title H2 movieweb failed to find me anything relavent?

And a 35 day shoot is rather impressive.

5 years agoby @slysnideFlag

14. the_tall_guy

They're getting rid of the Halloween theme! I'm starting to have my doubts about this movie.

5 years agoby @the-tall-guyFlag

15. the_tall_guy

That's great. Dr. Loomis is important to the series.

6 years agoby @the-tall-guyFlag

16. stpaulkid

Malcolm McDowell was confirmed just last week that he will be back!

6 years agoby @stpaulkidFlag

17. Jolie

WHAT?!?!? Oh hell yeah, I'm gonna watch this regardless. I like Rob Zombie. I think he did the remake wonderfully. :)

6 years agoby @ohmygoddessFlag

18. the_tall_guy

Malcolm McDowell is not gonna be in this movie? I'll still go see it, since Tyler Mane is Michael and Rob Zombie is directing.

6 years agoby @the-tall-guyFlag

19. Mr.Rated-R

wtf, who gona b the director

6 years agoby @residentevilfanFlag

20. stpaulkid

Sorry 4 the people who didn't want RZ on this one.

6 years agoby @stpaulkidFlag

21. Vamp

See Crypt. Told you they weren't going to name it "Halloween Sequel." XD!!!!!!!!!! :D!!!!!!!!!!

6 years agoby @vampire2000Flag

22. stpaulkid

Cant Wait!!!

6 years agoby @stpaulkidFlag

23. du gangsta

ya, man

6 years agoby @dugangstaFlag

24. LTKmoviefreak13

I hope this one's good..and i'm glad rob zombie isn't directing it..And how the hell are they going to do a sequel to a remake?? what are they now re-booting the series??

6 years agoby @ltkmoviefreak13Flag

25. The CryptKeeper

Yes, it is a good idea. Think about it. Our of all 9 of the Halloween films, are there any you dont like (besides the remake, and Halloween 3)? I am sure that answer would be no. So i say KEEP 'EM COMIN'!!!!!

6 years agoby @catwomanFlag

26. Nyfresh

i understand where your comin from Vamp2000 but a sequel to Halloween just isnt a good idea, im sorry

6 years agoby @leo16Flag

27. Vamp

The Hitcher remake was awesome. And you seem to leave out remakes of old school horror that were awesome, like The Texas Chainsaw Massacre and The Hills Have Eyes. You people always count the bad over what was good. Get the f*ck over it.

6 years agoby @vampire2000Flag

28. waltdude

im not gonna lie im a big fan of the halloween remake and rob zombie but damn #2 i mean come on remakes are ruining the classics itll probably be another piece of crap like remakes of prom night or the hitcher

6 years agoby @waltdudeFlag

29. Borshay

So... would it be a remake of Halloween 2 or a new "original" sequel?

6 years agoby @borshayFlag