'A Nightmare on Elm Street' Comments

1. darkdream

Pretty good for a remake

2 months agoby @darkdreamFlag

2. Ease_Up

i gave it a 2 star rating for the cgi dream sequences nothing more

12 months agoby @easeupFlag

3. Dark_888

i love this movie

1 year agoby @dark-888Flag

4. Abhishek Dadhich

Nice movie, fresh story, good special effects, could be better but still watchable, overall movie - 8/10

3 years agoby @Abhishek-DadhichFlag

5. Mram5

the lesson scream 4 thaught me was that when it comes to horror movies " dont f*ck with the original "

3 years agoby @mram5Flag

6. CoreyBrownReviews

One of my favorite horror remakes.

3 years agoby @CoreyBrownReviewsFlag

70 5 star ratings? ....

4 years agoby @dan1Flag

8. Guardianofhell

not a bad remake

4 years agoby @guardianofhellFlag

9. Vaikepois

This was actually quite an funny movie xD.. This new freddy was kinda weird also xD

4 years agoby @vaikepoisFlag

10. Kathleen Kat Juzwiak

SUCKED!!! I believe most old school Freddy fans will agree. Story changed, it was a slow movie with less action than anticipated, and YES we love the somewhat funny Freddy that Englund brought to us those many years ago!! I have the collection.:) This is a bomb and to my husband and I it is horror movie blasphemy! 1 star for effort

4 years agoby @kathleen-kat-juzwiakFlag

11. Publicenemiesdarknight

Loved it even though im not a big fan of scary movies.

4 years agoby @publicenemiesdarknightFlag

12. DoubleR0522

The movie was pretty good, and JEH did a great job as Freddy

4 years agoby @doubler0522Flag

13. Kevin Gleason

I thought it was good. Everybody's saying "OH, its not like the others" and "OH my god what have they done not putting Englund in" and blah blah blah, but hey, y'know? Its a *beep*'in movie. There's absolutely NOTHING wrong with the storyline. They put haley in there on purpose to give this film realism to what krueger may be in real-life ( if englund we're to play this freddy, it probably would not be that good, there you have it, why? Because this is a more dramatic freddy, not whacky off the chain freddy ).

The ONLY thing I am disappointed about with this film is the deleted scenes. YES, there are deleted scenes. I dont know why they removed, total bs. Google it. There was supposed to be a pool-party ( not school pool ), which it looked like it was going to explain the beginning character a bit more. First victim, forgot his name. And when the girl, hot blonde, went into the attic ( found her burnt childs clothes ) freddy was in there watching her. She turns the flashlight on him, which I thought that would've been a nice touch to the film. Possibly more scenes which could've been left in the movie.

Aside from everything else, if all the other NOES films would not have been in existant, a lot of people would've been praising this film and you know it, because people who are not liking these films expect it to be like the others. But here's the reality check. That was a decade ago, get over it ( exception towards Freddy vs. jason and new nightmare whereas

4 years agoby @kevin-gleasonFlag

14. MrLoco Campos-Overgaard

Jackie Earle Haley did a good job as Freddy and the kills were cool, but the movie felt very rushed and the change of Freddy's back story just ruined it for me. Hopefully if they make a sequel they will bring back the original back story of "The Springwood Slasher" to save this franchise! Freddy is a legendary horror icon, so they need to treat him like that when they make Nightmare movies!

4 years agoby @mrloco-campos-overgaardFlag

15. Wes

the movie was scary for those who sleep alot.

4 years agoby @wesFlag

16. Zombie

Yeah, maybe if you're a 5 year old little girl.

4 years agoby @zombieFlag

17. Keierra

OH SHUT UP IT WAS SCARY

4 years agoby @keierraFlag

18. Mrinkredible

it sucked noodles

4 years agoby @mrinkredibleFlag

19. LoveMadeEasy-net

I've heard that this is a good movie. The trailer did not impress me much, but I prefer the 'fresh face' for Freddy

4 years agoby @lovemadeeasy-netFlag

20. Kellyserena87

SUCKED beyond recognition..didn't even scare my bunny slippers away. I don't care how corney the original was, it did and still scares me more than thy load of CRAP

4 years agoby @kellyserena87Flag

21. Vmoney

man who ever seen it freddy f*cked nancy mom up

4 years agoby @vmoneyFlag

22. 2PN-SLV

"shut up"!!!!!!! "make your own movie then

4 years agoby @2pn-slvFlag

23. Molliepop

1 2 freedys comin 4 u 3 4 hes knockin on your door 5 6 get your crusi fix 7 8 stay up late 9 10 never sleep a agen freedys song x

4 years agoby @molliepopFlag

24. Cbcljkc

Is there a lot of cussing in it?

4 years agoby @cbcljkcFlag

25. Criiistal

I went knowing that I had to clear my mind of the orginal Freddy, trying to give it a big shot. The movie didn't even scare me. Actors sucked big time and so did it's story line. James Earl Haley was the only decent actor in the movie. But on a 1 to 10 scale. I give it a two. Not worth watching. Totally ruined my birthday.

4 years agoby @criiistalFlag

26. Jiriaya

scary.....as......fuk

4 years agoby @jiriayaFlag

27. Batman Rules !!!

Movie was ok. Then again what horror movie has won an academy =/ none lol. I liked it

4 years agoby @the-fallenFlag

28. thekliqster

I can;t say that the movie was horrible or amazing it was not bad. Jackie's portrayal of Freddy, the only thing i didn't like too much was that they ruined the classic scenes like the bathtub one and Freddy coming through the wall. For people who expect to watch an updated version of Craven's 1984, don't even bother going, the only similarities that both movies has is that its called "A Nightmare on Elm Street", the killers name is Freddy, the protagonist is Nancy, the street is called elm street , and that you can get killed in dreams, other than that the movies are completely different. Another thing i didn't like was that the scene were cut very short and that the movie felt like it was hurried up. Overall i give it a 6.5/10, and i am a huge Freddy fan but i got to be realistic as well.

4 years agoby @thekliqsterFlag

29. Cyndi_1109

this movie was great I just watched the 9:40 showing and the theater was packed there were screams and laughs it was action packed and michael did a great job playing freddy idk what the others were watching but it wasnt the same movie !!! loved it

4 years agoby @cyndi-1109Flag

30. amazing

I saw it at midnight and all i got to say is story line ok if that and how freddy looks and talk sucked dick. Thats what made nightmare freddy and the guy that played him in the new one just ruined a great movie way to go michael bay.

4 years agoby @amazingFlag