DC Comics' greatest superheroes and their arch nemeses face-off in an action-packed, hilarious battle in LEGO Batman: The Movie - DC Superheroes Unite. Based on the popular video game, TT Animation produced the full-length animated feature for May 21, 2013 distribution by Warner Bros. Home Entertainment as a Blu-ray Combo Pack ($24.98 SRP) and DVD ($19.98 SRP), On Demand and for Digital Download. The Blu-ray Combo Pack will include UltraViolet™*. Release will include an exclusive Lego Clark Kent/Superman figurine on pack while supplies last.
LEGO Batman: The Movie - DC Superheroes Unite provides the ultimate blend of action and humor guaranteed to entertain fanboys of all ages. The film finds Lex Luthor taking jealousy to new heights when fellow billionaire Bruce Wayne wins the Man of the Year Award. To top Wayne's accomplishment, Lex begins a campaign for President - and to create the atmosphere for his type of fear-based politics, he recruits the Joker to perfect a Black LEGO Destructor Ray. While wreaking havoc on Gotham, Lex successfully destroys Batman's technology - forcing the Caped Crusader to reluctantly turn to Superman for help.
LEGO Batman: The Movie - DC Superheroes Unite features the definitive voice of Lex Luthor, Clancy Brown (The Shawshank Redemption, SpongeBob SquarePants), who set the standard for Luthor's vocal tones in the landmark Warner Bros. Animation television production, Superman: The Animated Series.
Renowned videogame/animation actors Troy Baker (Bioshock Infinite, Batman: Arkham City) and Travis Willingham (Avengers Assemble, The Super Hero Squad Show) provide the voices of Batman and Superman, respectively. The cast also includes Christopher Corey Smith (Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe) as the Joker, and Charlie Schlatter (Diagnosis Murder) in a hilarious turn as the voice of Robin.
Award-winning director/producer Jon Burton helms the film from a screenplay by David A. Goodman based on a story from Burton and Goodman. Jeremy Pardon is director of photography, and executive producers are Jill Wilfret and Kathleen Fleming. Executive producers are Benjamin Melniker and Michael E. Uslan. Here's what Mary Ellen Thomas, Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Vice President, Family & Animation and Partner Brands Marketing, had to say.
"LEGO Batman: The Movie - DC Superheroes Unite packs the right combination of action and humor to delight superhero fans from ages 3 to 103. We're proud to provide a film that can be enjoyed by adults and children alike, making for ideal family entertainment."
LEGO Batman: The Movie - DC Superheroes Unite Blu-ray Combo Pack has over 2 ½ hours of exciting content, including:
- Standard and high definition versions of the feature film
- Featurette - "Building Batman" - An all-new featurette. Ever thought about making your own batman movie? Join a group of children as they learn from master LEGO builder Garrett Barati, and animate their own Batman mini-movie with LEGO.
- Teaser- "Lego Batman Jumps Into Action" - Garrett Barati's original Batman teaser, created for LEGO Super Heroes, shows what this master stop-motion animator can do with just a few click, click, clicks of LEGO.
- Shorts - "LEGO/DC Universe Super Heroes Video Contest Winners" - The excitement of DC Universe Super Heroes and the joy of LEGO building brings together action-packed short films from five winning submissions
- Two bonus episodes from Batman: The Brave and The Bold ("Triumvirate of Terror" and "Scorn of the Star Sapphire") and one episode from Teen Titans ("Overdrive")
- Assorted trailers
LEGO Batman: The Movie - DC Superheroes Unite was released May 21st, 2013 and stars Clancy Brown, Troy Baker, Steve Blum, Laura Bailey, Brian Bloom, Rob Paulsen, Kari Wahlgren, Travis Willingham. The film is directed by Jon Burton.