Aaron Taylor-Johnson (Savages, Anna Karenina), Chloe Moretz (Carrie, Let Me In) and Christopher Mintz-Plasse (This Is the End, Pitch Perfect) return for another action-packed, over-the-top round of extreme crime fighting, joined this time by Jim Carrey (Yes Man, Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues), Donald Faison (Scrubs, Remember the Titans), John Leguizamo (Ice Age, One for the Money) and Morris Chestnut (The Call, Identity Thief).
The Blu-ray Combo Pack includes a Blu-ray, DVD and Digital HD with UltraViolet.
- Blu-ray disc unleashes the power of your HDTV and is the best way to watch movies at home, featuring 6x the picture resolution of DVD, exclusive extras and theater-quality surround sound.
- DVD offers the flexibility and convenience of playing movies in more places, both at home and away.
- Digital HD with UltraViolet lets you watch movies anywhere, on your favorite devices. Users can instantly stream or download movies to watch on iPad, iPhone, Android, smart TVs, connected Blu-ray players, game consoles and more.
Bonus Features Available Exclusively on Blu-ray
- Alternate Opening with commentary by writer and director Jeff Wadlow
- Big Daddy Returns: The Unshot Scene with commentary by writer and director Jeff Wadlow
- An Ass-Kicking Cast: In this featurette, we'll go behind the scenes with returning stars Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Chloe Moretz and Christopher Mintz-Plasse, as well as new cast members Jim Carrey and Olga Kurkulina to talk about the camaraderie during shooting as Jeff Wadlow guided his actors through outrageous action set-pieces.
- Street Rules: Showdown At The Evil Lair-In a scene that took over two grueling weeks to shoot, Kick-Ass, Hit Girl, and their legion of home-grown heroes square off against the Toxic Mega C***s in a no-holds-barred war that is as action-packed as it is hilarious. This featurette will explore the intricate fight choreography required for this searing death match from multiple viewpoints such as storyboards, stunt pre-viz and behind-the-scenes footage.
- Hit Girl Attacks: Creating the Van Sequence
- Extended Scenes with commentary by Jeff Wadlow
- Upping the Game: In this revealing featurette, we will delve into the creative story process leading up to production and discover the origins of this latest incarnation of Kick-Ass.
- Going Ballistic: Weapons & Stunts-Discover how the actors and stunt performers crafted the on-screen carnage as Armorer Damian Mitchell showcases the film's vast arsenal of weapons, from firearms to the Colonel's custom-made axe handle and the pink nunchucks wielded by Hit-Girl. Special-effects supervisor Pno_person|Sam Conway} explains how the maelstrom of mayhem was created under the watchful eye of director Jeff Wadlow, second unit director Dave Reid and stunt supervisor James O'Donnell.
- Creating A Badass World: Production designer Russell De Rozario, costume designer Sammy Sheldon and hair and makeup designer Fae Hammond collaborated very closely with Jeff Wadlow to creating the heightened reality of Kick-Ass 2. Journey through the jaw-dropping sets created for the Justice Forever Headquarters and the incredibly elaborate man cave known as The Evil Lair. Also learn how the multitude of unique and badass costumes were created and inspired the cast.
- Feature Commentary with Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Chloe Moretz, Christopher Mintz-Plasse, and Jeff Wadlow
Self-made superhero Kick-Ass (Aaron Taylor-Johnson) and sweet-faced, foul-mouthed assassin, Hit Girl (Chloe Grace Moretz) try to return to life as "normal" teenagers, but are soon faced with their deadliest challenge yet. To seek revenge for his father's death, Red Mist (Christopher Mintz-Plasse) has re-invented himself as the leader of an evil league of super-villains. To defeat their new nemesis, Kick-Ass and Hit Girl must team up with a new wave of masked crusaders, led by the badass Colonel Stars and Stripes (Jim Carrey), in this battle of real-life villains and heroes.
Kick-Ass 2 was released August 16th, 2013 and stars Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Chloe Moretz, Morris Chestnut, Claudia Lee, Amy Anzel, Clark Duke, Augustus Prew, Mary Kitchen. The film is directed by Jeff Wadlow.