Forums: Most Influential 80's Cartoon?????

• 8 years ago
  • Which 80's cartoon would you say is the most influential to today's cartoon genres?

I would have to say GI Joe, Superfriends, or He man. What does anyone else think?
  • 8 years ago
  • Id say Tranformers and the film Akira
  • 8 years ago
    • Brian
    • @brian
    • Comments: 8,914
    • MovieWeb God
    I gotta pick a few here...

- THUNDERCATS
    - TRANSFORMERS
    - G.I. JOE
  • 8 years ago
  • Transformers... totally. And can you believe their trying to make a movie about that? Wait no, they already made it. I saw the previews yesterday. Goooooood thats so straaaiiiight. (Straight is my way of saying stupid)
  • 8 years ago
  • I'd say Inspector Gadget or He-Man.
    http://1980stv.50webs.com
  • 8 years ago
  • Luvlyn just reminded me of a cult classic of mine that I had totaly forgotten THE MUPPET BABIES , I still think this one has an influence , it's was one of the most funniest and intelligent cartoons there was. I love that they sometimes would mix archieval footage (mostly in black and white) and had cartoons to it. And if I remember correctly there was a couple of funny movie parodies. And come How cant you not love a baby Animal. Like i said in Luvlyn thread it's a shame that there only a best of (50 episodes ) of this show , I'm waiting to see if will ever see them putting out the complete seasons
  • 7 years ago
    • Ar3d
    • @ar3d
    • Comments: 80
    • Active User
    i think superman was really the most influential during 80's this day..
  • 7 years ago
  • Akira, I think.
  • 7 years ago
  • Transformers without a doubt.
  • 7 years ago
  • Which 80's cartoon would you say is the most influential to today's cartoon genres?

I would have to say GI Joe, Superfriends, or He man. What does anyone else think?

Super hero genre would be the most influential in todays genre's of cartoon.
  • 7 years ago
  • Most Influential 80's Cartoon

Spiderman
    Superman
    Transformers
    X-Men
  • 7 years ago
  • Well, I am a girl, and I have to say that She-Ra was my childhood hero.
    also, the male part, He-Man and Thundercats. RRRRRRRaaaahhhhh!
  • 6 years ago
  • Thundercats for definite and I would also say Teenage mutant HERO turtles as it was called here in the UK. (Anyone remember turtlemania!)
  • 6 years ago
  • My heart says Spiderman (Spiderman til i die) but Dangermouse was so funny, Thundercats was good action (for kids & young adults)
  • 6 years ago
  • Transformer for sure.
  • 6 years ago
  • Well I think x-man does not belong to cartoon~I like transformer
  • 5 years ago
  • wall e is that ok
  • 5 years ago
  • nkira me too
  • 5 years ago
  • I think transformers was a major influence to cartoons, especially because of all spinoff type series they made out of it in the 90's, like beast wars. But i would say GI joe was also extremely influential. I remember i used to watch the transformers, GI joe and The Real Ghostbusters all the time when i was younger, and there are still a ton of new things being released based on the transformers and GI joe cartoons. not so much on the ghostbusters, but they did just release a volume 1 DVD of the cartoon which is cool. I'm looking forward to being nostalgic.
  • 5 years ago
  • The care bears! ahaha, they are why we are all passive aggressive.
(More)Most Commented Threads
(More)Recent Activity