Forums: Looking for titles to 2 80s animated films

• 8 years ago
  • Well others are having luck here. Maybe somebody can help me. Like everyone else my recollections are vague, but this has been driving me nutts for years now!So help!
    Movie 1 -- It was about a young/baby white whale. He was afraid of squid which was what the rest of his family ate. He eventually got seperated from his mother when they all had to dive under a giant oil slick on the water and he couldn't hold his breath anymore. I remember he got covered in the stuff. He wandered around and ended up finding his hero Moby Dick in what looked like the ruins of Atlantis. Moby was all tired and old and the little whale brought him a squid to eat. Later Moby recked a whaling ship. I can still see the cover of the box from the movie store!

Movie 2 -- Now this one confuses me. And all of this might not be righ, but any ideas at all i'll be thankful for. It started out in a greenhouse. There was a boy talking to the plants and i think he was playing a violen or a pipe. A fairy like creature took a liking to him and brought him into this fantasy world..maybe her world? I forget if they were the same size or not but i believe at some point she was the same size as him, and wanted him to like her but he didn't or he was clueless. There was a scene where there were music notes circling everywhere and fairies everywhere and classical music playing (dance of the sugarplum fairies maybe? i can still hear it but i can't name it) I remember as a kid it gave me a kind of eerie feeling but it wasn't meant that way.

Soooooo anyone?? Please? I know i didn't make these up in my head like my father tells me.
  • 8 years ago
  • I made a little progress. The whale movie was definately based on a book called "The Deep Dives Of Stanley Whale". HOWEVER there is no reference to it anywhere! The author,illustrator and publishing company are all...dead. So no info there. Ring a bell with anyone?
  • 8 years ago
  • I am looking for the same movie. My daughter watched this movie over and over between the ages of 2 and 10. I enjoyed watching it with her. She has recently aske me to get another copy of this movie but i can not remeber the name or find it anywhere. I just happen to run across this posting and thought mabey the original poster has found it and could pass this inforamation alomg to me.
  • 8 years ago
  • Was wondering if you have found the movie about stanley the whale if so please email me at edward.tocco@yahoo.com.. greatly appreciate
  • 8 years ago
  • Samson & Sally (1984), apparently. It was confirmed here.
  • 6 years ago
  • I think the 3rd one is called "A Journey Through Fairyland"
(More)Most Commented Threads
(More)Recent Activity